Environmental Controllers that run 220 equipment???

• Thread starter revolutionseeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
I've looked and cannot find an environmental controller to run a 220v AC unit. The only thing I can figure out is to have an electrician build me a relay (similar to a light relay except with only one outlet) and plug the trigger cable into a regular environmental controller. I don't see why that wouldn't work, but I'm not sure...I really don't know much about electricity. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

M

mcattak

I've looked and cannot find an environmental controller to run a 220v AC unit. The only thing I can figure out is to have an electrician build me a relay (similar to a light relay except with only one outlet) and plug the trigger cable into a regular environmental controller. I don't see why that wouldn't work, but I'm not sure...I really don't know much about electricity. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Excellent question always wanted to use a nice controller for my 5 ton...

Haven't ever found the right controller...If you find one make sure to share it with everyone...

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Excellent question always wanted to use a nice controller for my 5 ton...

Haven't ever found the right controller...If you find one make sure to share it with everyone...

I know you can use your AC with a controller. In fact, I had a room wired for a 6 ton unit and had everything setup to run off of an EC.

I had it explained to me once, but I forgot. I will find out for you.

As-far-as my problem goes, I talked to some people and amazingly I was on the right track with my idea. In my case, the AC has to have automatic restart other wise when the EC kicks the unit off it won't turn back on, by itself. Luckily mine does, thank god.

inthefire

inthefire

Have a question ?How did you adjust the lights on temperatures and lights off temperature?
Or did you just run it 24/7 on one temp?Did you not have to lower the temp for lights off temp?

J

Jalisco Kid

What are you wanting your controller to do with the a/c? JK
If it was to shutdown your a/c maybe you can put the relay on your t-stat leads. I still do not understand why you would want that if your room needs cooling.

J

Jalisco Kid

Have a question ?How did you adjust the lights on temperatures and lights off temperature?
Or did you just run it 24/7 on one temp?Did you not have to lower the temp for lights off temp?

You can use a programmable t-stat to do that for you. JK

inthefire

inthefire

hey jalisco some info,tutorial would help alot?Any specific type or brand?A set with a programmable t-stat wouldn't need a controller then??

J

Jalisco Kid

I use a honeywell 7 day programmable, google it. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom