Environmental controls for tents, seeking advice

• Thread starter Cort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

Here is what I have going:

4x4 Hydrohut silver, carbon filter sucking from inside the tent, through the sealed 1k light and out the tent via a 6" value line fan. I have the CAP fan speed controller and the CAP tmp-dne, that turns the fan on/off depending on temp.

Is there a controller that will adjust the fan speed based on temp? I really dont need the fan blasting all the time, only when there is 1k worth of light to cool.

I have 12 young ladies sitting in coco soaking up some 1k lights as I tinker with design problems waiting for the flip.

Another issue I am having is intake. Any suggestions on how to trap light and filter air without major reductions in flow? I was thinking of a Rubbermade 15 gal tote, some A/C filters and some ducting into the tent. Just seems kind of like a bulky option.

I didnt want to go this route, but am considering using the 6" fan just to cool the light and a 4" connected to the carbon to vent the growing area. The TMP-DNe would come in handy then, would like to avoid the cost of an additional fan if possible.

opinions? Sorry for being so wordy

Cort

Cort

Found it. Dont know why a unit to automatically adjust fan speed was so difficult to find. Is it more practical than having a fan at full speed 24/7?

The VSC-DNe is designed to gradually increase or decrease the speed of centrifugal fans depending on the day or night temperature set-points. The Variable Fan Speed Controller enables you to determine precise temperature levels to achieve within your growing environment by way of proper ventilation. The temperature differential switch can be set at 3°, 5°, or 7°F and comes complete with a 12' probe. The day and night temperature knobs can be set between 50°F and 100°F independently. The built in photocell will automatically sense day or night and adjust the speed of your fan accordingly. The VSC-DNe is rated for 6 amps @ 120 volt. 5 year no hassle manufacturer's warranty.

S

Sci-fi

I Have 2 VSC-DNe. One for intake and one for exhaust. They work great. The units work great to regulate ur day/night temps. You may have to get a dehuy if ur fans turn off at night.

half baked

half baked

i use a primair, plug the fans into it, set the temp i want and off she goes, it allows you to set an idle speed for each fan so when the temp drop at night the fans just slow to what speed i set them, takes a little tweaking in mid bloom to get the humidity down at night but only takes a night to get it right

peace hb

Top Bottom