Enzyme Komplete Spawned From Hygrozyme?

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Hey all,
I was at Horizen Hydro the other day talking with the clerk like I always do, and we got on the subject of enzymes. He brought me over to shelf end that had a bunch of bottles of Enzyme Komplete.
Clerk -'This stuff is what I use, It's alot better than hygrozyme'

me -'you know, Ive seen alot of mixed feeling ab0ut Hygrozyme, Its like there's two different products.'

Clerk- 'pretty much. Hygrozyme used to be good stuff, it had 20-something different species to break stuff down, etc. Then one of the 2 guys wanted to (and did) change the recipe to something like 4 species. after they did make that change that the product went downhill, and as you read, people really noticed. So the other guy left Hygrozyme to pursue his own company, which is Enzyme komplete. He took the original 20-something species and the 4 that are currently in hygrozyme '

Now it makes sense, but I was wondering if anyone else had ever heard this story?

Azumi207

Azumi207

I use SLF-100 it has 4 different types of bacteria in it that employ multiple enzymes to break down organic and non organic compounds into readily available forms of nutrients for plant absorption.

Little info:

xenon730

xenon730

pretty sure that story's bs. every hydro store i go to gives me a printout of that and pushes it. the website looks like its from the 90s. it's more than likely just a high markup price for them and your guy is just a better salesman in that he makes up a semi believable story to go with his pitch. there was no major hygrozyme formula redo that i can find and the reason why it seems like there's multiple products is because it's named differently per country. i bought a French bottle cause i insisted on getting something that says hygrozyme specifically but they're no different. no enzyme product has wowed me to date and i had quart samples of the more popular ones. i have a full litre cannazym i don't touch because they don't do much and aren't really necessary at all to produce quality. in side by sides i noticed 0 difference at all.

Azumi207

Azumi207

That's just a website that had an explanation of slf. I run a biobiz line and I add slf to everything, I haven't foliar fed with it yet but I can tell the difference in using it and not. When I've been feeding then I do my weekly flush and I pound it with slf on flushes, on times I've fed hard that week I usually see a tad tip burn which indicates nute burn, little hot for the plants. I feel slf100 makes an incredible difference in water/feed uptake when using slf, but that also depends on your lights too, as always there are multiple variables you gotta take into account for anything new your adding to your system of operation. I guess I'd have to answer your original post with I have never used hygrozyme or heard of enzyme komplete, I use slf 100 and I've had great results period.

xenon730

xenon730

That's just a website that had an explanation of slf. I run a biobiz line and I add slf to everything, I haven't foliar fed with it yet but I can tell the difference in using it and not. When I've been feeding then I do my weekly flush and I pound it with slf on flushes, on times I've fed hard that week I usually see a tad tip burn which indicates nute burn, little hot for the plants. I feel slf100 makes an incredible difference in water/feed uptake when using slf, but that also depends on your lights too, as always there are multiple variables you gotta take into account for anything new your adding to your system of operation. I guess I'd have to answer your original post with I have never used hygrozyme or heard of enzyme komplete, I use slf 100 and I've had great results period.
my previous post wasn't to you at all.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

pretty sure that story's bs. every hydro store i go to gives me a printout of that and pushes it. the website looks like its from the 90s. it's more than likely just a high markup price for them and your guy is just a better salesman in that he makes up a semi believable story to go with his pitch. there was no major hygrozyme formula redo that i can find and the reason why it seems like there's multiple products is because it's named differently per country. i bought a French bottle cause i insisted on getting something that says hygrozyme specifically but they're no different. no enzyme product has wowed me to date and i had quart samples of the more popular ones. i have a full litre cannazym i don't touch because they don't do much and aren't really necessary at all to produce quality. in side by sides i noticed 0 difference at all.
I just use em as a cleaner and I plan on using it for composting. I believe you didn't see a difference in side by side in one run, but I wonder what might happen if you reused the soil. just to be clear I'm not endorsing any product or saying one is better than another, I just thought It was an interesting story but, like you said, semi-believable.

Out of curiosity, when you did the side by side, what style/nutes where you using? it would make sense if you were using a bottled organic nutrient thats been chelated (or synthetic nute) and didn't see much or any difference, I would think the real benefit in using enzymes is in no-till or supersoils where they use more raw ingredients. I'm not trying to pick apart your story or anything, just curious.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I had a sample of SLF at one point, but after using it a few times to clean pumps, sprayers, etc. the bottle was spilled, so I didnt get a chance to use it with my plants to flush or anything. I can say it worked as a cleaner though

xenon730

xenon730

I just use em as a cleaner and I plan on using it for composting. I believe you didn't see a difference in side by side in one run, but I wonder what might happen if you reused the soil. just to be clear I'm not endorsing any product or saying one is better than another, I just thought It was an interesting story but, like you said, semi-believable.

Out of curiosity, when you did the side by side, what style/nutes where you using? it would make sense if you were using a bottled organic nutrient thats been chelated (or synthetic nute) and didn't see much or any difference, I would think the real benefit in using enzymes is in no-till or supersoils where they use more raw ingredients. I'm not trying to pick apart your story or anything, just curious.
i don't take product tests personally and yeah it was in soilless in smart pots with synthetic nutes. back then was gh trio. and yeah I'm sure it would work well for reusing coco i just haven't tried it yet. i only say the you dont need it because people take stuff serious and buy stuff on a whim. i won't be doing a good setup for an enzyme test for years so it sits there. I'd love to do something with it but don't know anyone where i live that could even trade or something.
.i agree with you for the most part was just speaking quickly and generally.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

i don't take product tests personally and yeah it was in soilless in smart pots with synthetic nutes. back then was gh trio. and yeah I'm sure it would work well for reusing coco i just haven't tried it yet. i only say the you dont need it because people take stuff serious and buy stuff on a whim. i won't be doing a good setup for an enzyme test for years so it sits there. I'd love to do something with it but don't know anyone where i live that could even trade or something.
.i agree with you for the most part was just speaking quickly and generally.
Yeah I wouldn't expect it to work with synthetics. It doesn't mean it doesn't work, it just wasn't the right experiment. It would be kinda like using bud booster in veg and saying it doesn't work. It's not that the product is useless, it just doesn't work for the particular scenario, ya dig?

I hear you on the quick speaking though, there are so many different varieties of growing that anyone is bound to overlook something sooner or later. Not to mention some of it gets pretty complicated depending on how deep you wanna dive

Top Bottom