Epic Fail

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

Epic fail today by the pregnant chic. So I currently can not see my feet and I'm trompin around in the room step on the filter break it off flush right where it comes off the manifold yeah like right before the handy shut off valve. Yeah it's Friday night there is no getting that part in the near future. So.... What's you all think I should do?

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

how far along are your plants ?
is the shut off valve still attached to the manifold ? if so you could probably keep them alive in the buckets with the air stones till you get parts .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Epic fail today by the pregnant chic. So I currently can not see my feet and I'm trompin around in the room step on the filter break it off flush right where it comes off the manifold yeah like right before the handy shut off valve. Yeah it's Friday night there is no getting that part in the near future. So.... What's you all think I should do?
GIRL! Call Ghostbusters. :o

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
is it threaded in?

My assumption is your system has no water, and will not hold water as long as the filter is broken. If it is a piece of male thread in a female socket you can get it out with some creativity and elbow grease. You need to use a sharp wedge, drive it in and twist it out (counterclockwise!)

Then go buy a plug at home depot and run it without the filter until you can get the parts.

Amber

Amber

Ok I got this found 1 inch coupler slipped that over the manifold brought it back down to the 3/4 inch and we are back in business. Talk about a long night. My poor my man I feel so bad. I run out "babe I sprung a leak" he first though I was going into labor and I'm like, "no a water leak" I run back in the room. He comes in like 5 minutes later, "fuck you broke the system I thought you meant a water line I went out to the well and shut off the water." All fixed now though.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh man, what a night! LMFAO! Your poor guy. I would have thought the exact same thing he did!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thats not an epic fail lol My friend decided a few months ago his grow room ( small 2 plants in a closet deal ) Needed more c02... So what does he do.. Bright guy he is.. gets some yeast and water mixes and puts it in a bucket sans the lid... Goes to work.. Comes home.. Talk about a flood :P

Lets just say he spent from i think it was something like 6pm till around 2am cleaning up the mess .. Best part is.. HE DID THAT TWICE! ( his logic was just use less yeast the 2nd time.. not bothering with a lid of any sorts... )

What you did.. was just an oops :D

Side note Congrats on the pregnancy how far along are ya? Boy girl or surprise when it comes out?

Alice D

Alice D

Thats not an epic fail lol My friend decided a few months ago his grow room ( small 2 plants in a closet deal ) Needed more c02... So what does he do.. Bright guy he is.. gets some yeast and water mixes and puts it in a bucket sans the lid... Goes to work.. Comes home.. Talk about a flood :p

Lets just say he spent from i think it was something like 6pm till around 2am cleaning up the mess .. Best part is.. HE DID THAT TWICE! ( his logic was just use less yeast the 2nd time.. not bothering with a lid of any sorts... )

What you did.. was just an oops :D

Side note Congrats on the pregnancy how far along are ya? Boy girl or surprise when it comes out?
She is like 8+ months and it's a girl. I'm so very excited. Already have a 10 year old son do way excited to finally have a little girl in my family. Amber wanted a boy. This is her first child but she is way excited. Except for the labor part. Very scared I think. She is a little girl so... Thanks everyone. And she didn't even mention that I've been working 10-16 hour days on our mushroom farm. Trying to get everything dialed in properly. So as you can guess I've been so so so busy. A couple hours a night. As soon as I open my eyes I'm jumping up like got to work. Damn. Hope it pays off.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Mushroom farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg i could talk to you all day about that :P

Congrats again!! D:

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
My experience is limited to the " Pf Tek " But yeah :D Im not really a fan of mushrooms.. I mean there awesome to grow and fun to learn about.. but the taste is well subjective lol.. So if im gonna grow and eat any there at least gonna give me something in return other then the shits :D

Alice D

Alice D

My experience is limited to the " Pf Tek " But yeah :D Im not really a fan of mushrooms.. I mean there awesome to grow and fun to learn about.. but the taste is well subjective lol.. So if im gonna grow and eat any there at least gonna give me something in return other then the shits :D
I'm assuming your referring to psilocybe cubensis,psilocybe cyanescens and/or azurescens the last two being wood loving mushrooms. And yes these can create a lot of built up gas in the body if eaten before cooked. My advice to you is if you like a really good head change or possible rebirth to take and boil some water,once boiling crush up all your mushrooms and add to the water(which is taken off the heat now) put a dinner plate over the pot and let soak for 15-30 min. Then strain your mushroom water through a coffee filter squeezing out all the water and then discard the spent mushrooms and coffee filter to your compost pile. Your left with mushroom water. Not the tastiest but when some tang,fruit punch or any flavoring it's not so bad. Or if you like tea when you add the mushrooms to the water add a couple tea bags maybe some honey. In doing this you've killed all the funk and basically extracted psilocybin Into your now flavored drink. The advantages of this is no stomach gas(shitting yourself I think you said) no uneasy feelings,or wanting to be by yourself for that first hour. It comes on quick and smooth and usually doesn't last more than a few hours. Usually try taking shots depending on the strength. If your using psilocybe cubenis I recommend 1-3 grams crushed per person but any type of wood loving mushrooms are at least 3x as strong so you can literally be reborn with 1-3 grams. Even a half gram can get you right there to that happy spot. And if anyone gets cluster headaches psilocybin is the only thing I've heard of that treats this highly painful sickness with great reviews. Just 2 trips a year will keep these cluster headaches away for good but have to take every 6 months. Doctors orders. Ha hope this helps. I'll do a little write up on my mushroom farm sometime. These are delicacies and taste very very good. We grow mushrooms that when cooked you would not be able to tell it's not chicken or smoked oysters(strawberry oyster mushroom) or the lemon oyster mushroom. Or medicinal mushrooms like reishi mushroom,the lions mane mushroom taste just like seafood or you like bacon how about the swordbelt mushroom taste exactly like bacon. Then of course the medicinal mushrooms I talked about in the beginning of this story grow abundantly very near my farm. Sorry Amber turned your thread into a mushroom thread. I guess that's ok since I fixed the system first thing this morning.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yep Cubes :D Plenty of experience with them and a little experience with cyans when i was out in seattle.. Those were intense lol

Anyway my preferred consumption method is to drench them in honey and quickly chew/swallow. Never was a Tea guy..

Anyway if you ever get bored post up some photos of your mushroom grows would LOVE to see them :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
She is like 8+ months and it's a girl. I'm so very excited. Already have a 10 year old son do way excited to finally have a little girl in my family. Amber wanted a boy. This is her first child but she is way excited. Except for the labor part. Very scared I think. She is a little girl so... Thanks everyone. And she didn't even mention that I've been working 10-16 hour days on our mushroom farm. Trying to get everything dialed in properly. So as you can guess I've been so so so busy. A couple hours a night. As soon as I open my eyes I'm jumping up like got to work. Damn. Hope it pays off.
Me, too! And congratulations on all. I'm sure @Amber is gonna be just fine with labor and all afterwards, I think she's gonna be a great momma.

I'm not a fan of psilocybins, but other mushies I absolutely adore. :) Do you supply to restaurants and the like?

Capfan

Capfan

Congrats Alice / Amber, got 2 myself, boy and girl, vasectomy here i come!

Amber

Amber

Me, too! And congratulations on all. I'm sure @Amber is gonna be just fine with labor and all afterwards, I think she's gonna be a great momma.

I'm not a fan of psilocybins, but other mushies I absolutely adore. :) Do you supply to restaurants and the like?
Well it's a new garden venture but hopefully if all goes well. It's really quite interesting very different from growing plants but equally interesting. No photosynthesis in fungi growing it's very different, but cool.

Alice D

Alice D

Ultimately we would like to supply multiple restaurants and/or local co ops I know a lot of people have never tasted how delicious mushrooms can be. There not all bland and slimy sometimes better than chicken or beef just because you don't get that I'm so full feeling. They give you energy and feel like your on top of the world. A almost high feeling IME. One of these days sea maiden we will meet and have a BBQ or something. Take care.

Top Bottom