epsom salt ppms?

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

I know there was a thread here somewhere maybe it was in the advanced technique that had the % of Mg and S in epsom salt and the ppms associated with it.

If I have just the %s can I use the canna stat calc to figure out ppms? seems like it should work but just checking, I havent used epsom in like a year and want to be on point with it, thanks!

L

LBZ Farmer

Do you have a meter? just take some clean RO or DI water... Measure the PPM thenPut in some Epsom salt and measure. Now do some math?

I don't know where the link is but free bump.

1satyr

1gram/10litters=9.8ppm mg and 13ppm s

I will bet you, that your PPM will be way higher than that, if you put a full gram in it.

I have some very Mag hungry dawgs going, and I use maybe 1/3 of a gram for the same values.

When I read people talking spoonfulls of MgSo4, I am amazed the plants survives, or maybe they got some other MgSo4 than I do.

I start off my RO water with 50-100 Ms of MgSo4 using a Ec meter and just adding the stuff as if it were salt on already salty sandwich.

Still, I may have some more concentrated stuff, which is why I can only recommend buing a Ec meter and go by numbers.

Just remember that all ferts have plenty of both cal and mag and all other things in the right doses, giving MgSo4 or Calmag ought to be superflus adn only for plants with special needs like the D.

Top Bottom