Equipment for start. Full beginners list

• Thread starter LaPauline
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaPauline

LaPauline

Hello. I am just starting to grow cannabis at home, I have read many articles, but I would like to hear the expert opinion. My budget is $1200 and the room is 40 square feet. I would like to start with a few plants, but I need to understand how to organize everything and with what equipment. What air control systems and lighting do you recommend, everything from starter pots to scissors, actually? Should you enclose the bushes with a curtain and create a separate microclimate there? My basement is humid enough, but there is no other room. I just want to calculate if 1200$ is enough

420trout

420trout

You should be able to do it for $1200. 40 sf is just over 6'x6', and that will be plenty of room to flower out 4 plants. My suggestion is to pick your lighting first. Choose wisely, buy once, cry once. I chose poorly and then chose poorly again, and now I could have spent all that money on one good light. I still do ok with my cheap chinese lights, but I know it could be better. And....I will eventually spend again for a good light. Cheap lights can do ok for growing, but a good light will really "shine" during flower.

LaPauline

LaPauline

You should be able to do it for $1200. 40 sf is just over 6'x6', and that will be plenty of room to flower out 4 plants. My suggestion is to pick your lighting first. Choose wisely, buy once, cry once. I chose poorly and then chose poorly again, and now I could have spent all that money on one good light. I still do ok with my cheap chinese lights, but I know it could be better. And....I will eventually spend again for a good light. Cheap lights can do ok for growing, but a good light will really "shine" during flower.
I know!! I was asking about the lights on a candlepowerforum where people discuss lights for everything. I asked there, but no one replied, so I thought it'd be better to go right to the growers. Would it take much of your time to write down the full list for a newbie to start? I've chosen already ivation dehumidifier from the list to connect it with inkbird humidity controller for remote control and assume the same should be for temperature. And should I enclose the space where the plants are? And what materials with if there's a difference. Actually, I'd really appreciate the full checklist :(

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There is simply to much to go over at once. Many ppl think its just boom put a list together and then done. Those ppl end up wasting money and time.

First some pics of the space so ppl can understand what your dealing with. Location of windows, normal temps and humidity in the area, pets, is smell an issue? What are your goals and timeliness for your grow? How high are the ceiling s etc etc etc.

Top Bottom