Erie area woman is facing murder charges, from mmj robbery

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Erie area woman is facing murder charges after she allegedly stabbed two men who broke into her home in the middle of the night, assaulted her and tried to steal the medical marijuana that she sells there.

One of the men, described as 6-feet tall and 250 pounds, was later found dead outside her home, and the other man is in critical condition at a hospital.

Karen Elaine Cordova, 47, of rural Erie was arrested Monday on charges of second-degree murder and attempted murder.

Court records allege that Kyle Dust and Stephen “Stevie” Erikson went to 5263 Buffalo Road to burglarize Cordova’s home early Saturday morning. There were marijuana plants in the house, where Cordova sold medical marijuana, and apparently has a license to sell the marijuana.

According to Weld District Court records, Erikson had done some home repair work for Cordova and knew she wouldn’t be home early Saturday.

Court records said the two men burglarized the home once, when Cordova was gone, then returned later to hit it again. The affidavit states that when the men returned, “Stevie (Erikson) hit Karen on her person, but the exact location is unknown. Karen then stabbed Stevie during the physical altercation. Stevie yelled for Kyle by name. Kyle came in and was subsequently stabbed by Karen.”

After being stabbed, Erikson drove to a friend’s home in Erie, and the friend called 911 when they saw his injuries. He was taken by ambulance to Exempla Hospital in Lafayette, where he remains in critical condition. Dust died at the scene.

When eventually confronted about the stabbings, Cordova said, according to court records: “I’m not going to lie. What would you do if someone broke into your house at 2:30 in the morning? I’m a single woman.”

Cordova is being held without bond in the Weld County Jail.

Read the full story in Wednesday’s Tribune.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
goes to show...Dont fuck with old country folks...They arrested her? What about the surviving burglar? should have killed killed him too...Shes pretty bad ass the one fella she kilt was 250 lbs...at least he wont be rippin no mo.

altimood

altimood

If someone broke into my house at 2 in the morning they might not get off that easy. I don't understand why she's being held. Must be unrelated charges. Goes back to your other report. Throw herbs in there and it opens up a whole new can of worms. Kids, weed, murder. Ugly scenario.

G

gooey

Dang, cant blame here, thats a shitty situation, rippers get what the deserve...peacenpuffs

K

Killerapplesauc

Wow small world was just at the store earlier today and apparently the owner of the store next to it is the aunt of the young man who died. They had his missing person flyer up in the store.

Did they say how long it took for her to report it seem kinda funny that they would arrest her for protecting her property.

C

canaguy27

Just glad she was ok and they did not knife her. She must be a basses if she shanked them both without injury. Doesn't Colorado have a make my day law?

Edit. Yes we do

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

She's being held for being a caregiver. Pure and simple. Persecution, under the guise of prosecution.

K

Killerapplesauc

You mostly hear about guns, though. Not stabbings.
"When life hands you a Rubik's Cube, at least get one side done."

LMAO know they are going to try to pass a law saying medical marijuana patients and caregivers can't carry knifes and no knifes within 100ft of your business or you will face state time :makeup

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Good for her. Hope that blade was long, slow and dirty. Maybe the surviving thief will die from infection.

You reap what you sow. Always.

Hope the dirty pigs in Weld county don't get away with lynching her for growing flowers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just read a similar story about a man, in Texas I believe, who died WHILE raping a 70-something-yo woman. Too fat to fuck and he killed himself. Talk about being hoist with one's own petard!
Just glad she was ok and they did not knife her. She must be a basses if she shanked them both without injury. Doesn't Colorado have a make my day law?

Edit. Yes we do
Make my Day, otherwise known as Castle Doctrine. Frankly, I'm amazed that all states don't have it on the books. How can we be secure if we cannot be secure in our own homes?

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I say and say again. If you are going to open your mouth... you say "I was afraid for my life and thought I was going to die!" killing someone for attempting to or stealing your property or for beating you up is not justified for deadly force.

Hope this helps.

Unit541

Unit541

I say and say again. If you are going to open your mouth... you say "I was afraid for my life and thought I was going to die!" killing someone for attempting to or stealing your property or for beating you up is not justified for deadly force.

Hope this helps.

While I agree, you must always express that you were in fear of imminent death, according to the "letter of the law", in Colorado at least, if the intruder is across your threshold, deadly force is justified in protecting either your person OR your property. Essentially, as soon as a perp crosses the door seal, the law says you've got every right to evacuate the contents of said perps cranium.

Our Castle doctrine makes no provisions or exceptions, or even mentions MMJ. So if the state sticks to it's own law, these charges should not have even been filed, let alone stick. I think we're all pretty aware though, that the government is famous for picking and choosing which laws apply, which don't, and when.

Good luck to this woman, I applaud her for not cowering in fear during the entire situation. Unfortunately in this case, it seems taking her own destiny into her own hands, actually placed it in the hands of the state.

K

kripplecreek

Hope this ends well! When it does I bet no one will EVER want to rob her again!!! :evilgrin0040:

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
If she got them in the chest she should be good with the make my day law. If she shanked them in the back when they were trying to leave then she might be in trouble

R

RMCG

If she got them in the chest she should be good with the make my day law. If she shanked them in the back when they were trying to leave then she might be in trouble

Not necessarily, my neighbor shot a kid in the face in his yard (while fleeing) after he got the other two in his house. Make my day came in to play and he walked. I think it was only in the news is because it was like 15 or 16 yo kids, not that you can tell age at 3am...

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh yeah i remember that story. Im just saying theyll question it more if thats how it goes down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom