Essential Oxygen 3% Hydrogen Peroxide

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I'm new to the site and growing and have a quick question concerning the use of H202.

I understand the need to use food grade instead of the crappy 3% kind with toxins but this brand is different. It has all the same qualities of the 30% H202 but just a lower quantity.

Here is a link to the site if it will help,
https://essentialoxygen.com/products/food-grade-hydrogen-peroxide/

Also if this is the right stuff besides percentage than how much would be added to the solution?

This is for a DWC/drip system using if that helps.

I've done a lot of searching but nothing specific about this brand.

Thank!!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm new to the site and growing and have a quick question concerning the use of H202.

I understand the need to use food grade instead of the crappy 3% kind with toxins but this brand is different. It has all the same qualities of the 30% H202 but just a lower quantity.

Here is a link to the site if it will help,
https://essentialoxygen.com/products/food-grade-hydrogen-peroxide/

Also if this is the right stuff besides percentage than how much would be added to the solution?

This is for a DWC/drip system using if that helps.

I've done a lot of searching but nothing specific about this brand.

Thank!!
Why are you using h202 in dwc?

S

Shawnery

From the research I've done, and it's a lot, it's benefits outweigh any of the negatives. I understand that not all people have the same opinion but what subjects do?

The below link is good explanation why but there are many others. If you search on google or what not you will find much info.

I will say this though, I found the dosage for 3 percent which is 10ml per gallon, my plants show a noticeable pep today.

Hydrogen Peroxide!

Last edited by a moderator:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

i'm trying not to ask what is meant by "a DWC/drip system."
Waterfarm or powergrower...
Not for sure if that is what he has but they were first thing i ever used..

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

And to answer the original question. 1/10th as much.
In other words, 1 ml. per gallon of the 30% H2O2.

Food grade? That's just silly.
"Food grade," in this case, is market-speak for over-pay.
:D
JMHO
Aloha,
Wee 'zard

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

PowerGrowerEco_Aview.png

This is thew powergrower. It uses a venturi design with air pump,
tp circulate the fluid up into the drip ring...
Its a great single dwc bucket for newbies...

But im not for sure about OP....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

This thread has promise to be very interesting!!!! LOL
Well im trying to figure out if he has a problem or if he is using it to ward off a future attack of pythium. But I think he flew the coop already....

Papa

Papa

Supporter
i was wondering if he was the sales manager for the "food-grade" H2O2. :)

when i ran dwc i would recirculate the solution thru a drip feed until the roots hit the water, but then i'd stop it b/c it would keep the rockwool too wet which would encourage the lower trunk to rot. not knowing the powergrower, i was thinking along those lines. i see that you've run the powergrower, any probs with it keeping the trunk wet?

for anyone thinking of H2O2 in dwc, it's way easy to burn your roots. definitely not for newbs.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

i was wondering if he was the sales manager for the "food-grade" H2O2. :)

when i ran dwc i would recirculate the solution thru a drip feed until the roots hit the water, but then i'd stop it b/c it would keep the rockwool too wet which would encourage the lower trunk to rot. not knowing the powergrower, i was thinking along those lines. i see that you've run the powergrower, any probs with it keeping the trunk wet?

for anyone thinking of H2O2 in dwc, it's way easy to burn your roots. definitely not for newbs.
I ran 8 of them in rdwc... I ran a couple runs..
I did have 2 that got stem rot.
I sprayed them with h202,
for like 3 days
and that did the trick.
but each one ended up my runt...
I finally started covering the drip ring with hydroton to keep from it splashing on the stem.
I also didnt use Rockwool, i used rapid rooters just for that reason...
RW always has problems in the power grower if the drip is kept on...

S

Shawnery

I really was just looking for an answer to my original question.
And to answer the original question. 1/10th as much.
In other words, 1 ml. per gallon of the 30% H2O2.

Food grade? That's just silly.
"Food grade," in this case, is market-speak for over-pay.
:D
JMHO
Aloha,
Wee 'zard

Thank you for the answer!

But in this case food grade means good grade because they don't add stabilizers. Not sure how they keep it stabil at such a low percent but perhaps that's why they are the only one.

S

Shawnery

I am a newb but I'm very good at painting by numbers and with the internet that and some intelligence is all you need.

I use to race motorcycles and rebuilt my own transmission and it's lasted a decade longer than the original. At that point all I had done is changed the oil.

I think you get the point.

What I meant by dwc/drip is what the earlier poster stated. It drips until it the roots drop.

I bought it a decade ago and just decided to give it a go.

Many growers have had great success adding it to the system daily though I think that is excessive.

20170905 124827
20170905 124827
20170905 124833
20170902 131817
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I am a newb but I'm very good at painting by numbers and with the internet that and some intelligence is all you need.

I use to race motorcycles and rebuilt my own transmission and it's lasted a decade longer than the original. At that point all I had done is changed the oil.

I think you get the point.

What I meant by dwc/drip is what the earlier poster stated. It drips until it the roots drop.

I bought it a decade ago and just decided to give it a go.

Many growers have had great success adding it to the system daily though I think that is excessive.
did you just put them plants( clones?) in there?

S

Shawnery

did you just put them plants( clones?) in there?

They've been going for about 3 weeks and a week and a half of that was spent recovering from root shock. When I picked them up they ended being root bound in tiny rockwool cures. I removed about 80% of the cubes but lost about 20% of the roots while at it.

I topped them a day ago and the day after topping is when I added the h202. All I can say is the next day the plants exploded from the bottom up. I'm sure it would have been fine but the idea was to help the plant recover. I was also hoping I could do away with changing out the nutrient solution because the whole process is very bad on my back. I'm actually medical.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

They've been going for about 3 weeks and a week and a half of that was spent recovering from root shock. When I picked them up they ended being root bound in tiny rockwool cures. I removed about 80% of the cubes but lost about 20% of the roots while at it.

I topped them a day ago and the day after topping is when I added the h202. All I can say is the next day the plants exploded from the bottom up. I'm sure it would have been fine but the idea was to help the plant recover. I was also hoping I could do away with changing out the nutrient solution because the whole process is very bad on my back. I'm actually medical.
show me the bottom... or they connected?

Top Bottom