Ethics Question

• Thread starter Clepidus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clepidus

Clepidus

So about a month ago I was given a handful of seeds by a friend. I tried dropping them in the soil as I was too interested in bag seed. Anyway nothing happened so curiosity got the best of me.

I managed to get two out of about 7 to pop using a couple plates and damp paper towels. Two beautiful kush plants, both female.

So to make a long story short I gave one of the two plants back to the buddy who gave me the seed and I got a call about a week later telling me that the guy my buddy got the seeds from was all butt hurt cause he screwed up and the only seeds he had left to a strain he had been stabilizing for about the last year and a half.

So my question is should I keep the plant and see what happens because it's not my fault they fell into my hands or offer to give the guy his plant back and leave it be?

I'm not in this to profit and it just feels like I am stealing somebody else's work even though it was pretty much given to me.

sixstring

sixstring

Take a clone and give it back or give him the clone.let him know you just want the smoke and won't breed with it.from the sounds of it you have good ethics because it bothers you,alot of guys would say kick rocks lol.maybe offer to document the plant with pics for him?

darkmatter

darkmatter

Sounds fishy but it's your plant you poped the seed and grew it.give him some cuts or get some pollen and work it some more give him some seeds back.you don't actually no for sure if it's really important so grow it for now and let the plant prove itself.some people who ain't in your deal will somehow try and get up in it just because they can't even control there own deal and grab anything they can because they are lazy and suck, maybe he just sucks.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Sprout all the seeds, make a bunch of clones and give them to everybody involved, give them some rockwool cubes and cloning gel. Give them 3 or more clones for every seed they gave you. Teach them to clone.

Last edited:
Clepidus

Clepidus

Im pretty much leaning towards the giving it back and keeping it simple by just saying hey I don't want to step on your toes but I sure wouldn't mind sampling her when she's done.
I just want to see what some of the others say, as an aspiring breeder I sure wouldn't want to see my babies fall into the hands of a stranger.

sun

sun

I agree with sixstring take a clone and discuss it with him . but give it back if he doesn't want to share it , or want you to breed with it. in that case mention that you did put work into it.or give it back if he insists

Clepidus

Clepidus

I honestly don't know if it's the end of the seeds or if he is just trying to keep them for himself. I'm just an innocent third party lol, I know who he is but I haven't actually met him.

sun

sun

are you sure he wants them for himself or does he just want them .because if its just the genetics talk to him , and keep a cut.
unless theres more than I understand

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
As far as I see it, you just did the pheno search for him. That took time at the very least, and that is worth something. Stoner mistakes don't suddenly make a recipient responsible, IMO.

Nothing wrong with taking cuts and giving those back to him, but as far as the other stuff, from my view you earned the right to keep it and did nothing wrong here.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

If this is a legit breeder/grower and the seeds are truly important he should offer you at least some type of reward or compensation for them IMO. I'm not saying you should hold his gear for ransom but........
If the guy/gal is legit they should have something to offer you.

I would probably keep a cut or give him cuts either way.

MGRox

MGRox

I'm with the others that suggest keeping a cut and giving they dude back the plant. Seems everyone get's what they want then ;)

Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

Agreed with everyone else. Either take a bunch of viable clones and give him back the plant or visa versa.

If it turns out the guy is legit about his claims then just use the plant for smoke like you originally intended. If it turns out he's just a giant d-bag then Johnny Appleseed that shit.

Clepidus

Clepidus

I love all these replies. Pretty much every one of them has crossed my mind but it is all good now.

Had my buddy officially introduce me to the guy and after BSing for a while it's all worked out. I'm going to clone it for my next run and keep the mother as a mother. He only asked that I wasnt "flooding" the town with it or claiming it as my baby.

It was just a awkward situation and I don't like stepping on toes. Thanks for all the words of wisdom.....

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Take a clone and give it back or give him the clone.let him know you just want the smoke and won't breed with it.from the sounds of it you have good ethics because it bothers you,alot of guys would say kick rocks lol.maybe offer to document the plant with pics for him?

+1
I think this is a fantastic solution.

*EDIT*
I just read your last post. Sounds like everything worked out just as it should have brother. You're a good dude.

Top Bottom