Ever Had A Male Plant.....

• Thread starter Nog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nog

Ever had a male plant that dropped all his pollen before there were female pistils to pollinate?

The two males I have are Critical Mass, and I put them in with a couple of female plants I bred myself.

Only thing is the male plants are maturing quicker than the female plants, and I'm worried that I wont get many seeds, as while there are a few female pistils, I think the male plants will have dropped all their pollen before the female plants really start putting out the pistils.

The male plants are pretty small, only about a foot and a half, and so don't have a lot of branches to keep producing pollen.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ever had a male plant that dropped all his pollen before there were female pistils to pollinate?

The two males I have are Critical Mass, and I put them in with a couple of female plants I bred myself.

Only thing is the male plants are maturing quicker than the female plants, and I'm worried that I wont get many seeds, as while there are a few female pistils, I think the male plants will have dropped all their pollen before the female plants really start putting out the pistils.

The male plants are pretty small, only about a foot and a half, and so don't have a lot of branches to keep producing pollen.
You can collect the pollen and dust your females later it keeps ok in the fridge .

Bannacis

Bannacis

And once you take it out of fridge, do not open it till it has reached room temperature.
Plus make sure there is no plant material stored with pollen...draws moisture.
water will make pollen inert.
You should start flowering females about 2 weeks before males...wont have that problem.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Next time try this. Put females in flower and keep the male in veg for about two weeks while the ladies flower. Then add your male. By the time he drops pollen, your females should be around 4 weeks flower or so with plenty of pistils.
For now, do what the other dude suggested if it's not too late. Try your best to collect that pollen

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Next time try this. Put females in flower and keep the male in veg for about two weeks while the ladies flower. Then add your male. By the time he drops pollen, your females should be around 4 weeks flower or so with plenty of pistils.
For now, do what the other dude suggested if it's not too late. Try your best to collect that pollen
Thats a great tip... timing is everything

N

Nog

And once you take it out of fridge, do not open it till it has reached room temperature.
Plus make sure there is no plant material stored with pollen...draws moisture.
water will make pollen inert.
You should start flowering females about 2 weeks before males...wont have that problem.

Problem is I had no-where to keep the males in veg, as all the lights were being used in the flower room.

One mistake I made was to trim the males down about halfway or more, so they didn't take up so much space, as they were pretty big.
But doing this meant that I trimmed off a lot of potential pollen producing branches.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Generally speaking, that male plant will keep producing pollen just fine for 6-8 weeks....

Top Bottom