Every DWC grow my PH starts to drop around day 70. Whats going on?

• Thread starter randomburners
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

randomburners

It seems like every time I get far into flower my PH starts to drop. I've had this happen with every grow.

The plant has been drinking anywhere from 2-5 gallons a day, and the EC has been stable at 1.3-1.4

I backed it down to 1.2 to see if that would make a difference and the PH was still dropping. It's a slow drop. It'll go from 6.0 to 5.8 overnight. Or if i set it at 6.1 in the morning itll be 6.0 or 5.9 by night time.

I'm used to the PH slowly rising. What gives? Is there a way to get the PH to slowly climb up again?

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

It seems like every time I get far into flower my PH starts to drop. I've had this happen with every grow.

The plant has been drinking anywhere from 2-5 gallons a day, and the EC has been stable at 1.3-1.4

I backed it down to 1.2 to see if that would make a difference and the PH was still dropping. It's a slow drop. It'll go from 6.0 to 5.8 overnight. Or if i set it at 6.1 in the morning itll be 6.0 or 5.9 by night time.

I'm used to the PH slowly rising. What gives? Is there a way to get the PH to slowly climb up again?
5.8 is fine. Ph perfect nutes are the way to go. They make nutrients available on a wide range of ph balances.

B

Bdubs

Weed always fluctuates from day to night on Ph. It does this by release of acids through the roots release of acids. It may be due to bacteria’s if no bacteria prevention solutions are used or sterile mix used.
It can be from the medium dripping acidity from it.
Depending on the time of “day” you are inspecting Ph, it can vary.

B

Bdubs

If your water to root ratio drops to a certain level, your pH will drop, more acid will be released during low water levels in hydro systems. It is critical that you maintain water levels and not ignore them, without pH variances. If Ph is off, use synthetics like Ph up and down to level them out daily until they can maintain themselves again. Keep water levels consistent.

B

Bdubs

I always notice that my plants require more attention to checking Ph and PPM. The longer you go adding nutrient feed without a full swap, you will also experience Ph fluctuations and issues. Water temperature also plays a big pet in Ph movements. As well as light exposure.

B

Bdubs

I mean this as in, the later the grow process. They require more attention to Ph and nutrient concentration. If PPm rises on me, I know, even if early, she wants fresh nutrient swap and siphon/replenish is needed. Either water temps rose or it is spent on leftover nutrients during adding.

jdog22

jdog22

5.8 is fine. Ph perfect nutes are the way to go. They make nutrients available on a wide range of ph balances.
couldnt agree more, once i found PH perfect 3part i was sorted i mean i still needed a few things but they didnt change the PH of the water because of how PH perf locks it, even checked the run off with the next feed and it was spot on.

R

randomburners

Yeah I've been staeady watching the PH and adjusting accordingly. I havent had to do that at all until 4 days or so ago though. It would just slowly rise from 5.8 or wherever I set it to.

I found this chart & what it told me to do was lower the EC.
Capture

I lowered the EC to 1.2 last night and the PH seemed to drop way slower. I'm going to do a full rez change tonight and drop the EC to 1.1 I'm hoping it'll get the PH to stabilize or slowly rise.

I'm running a modified jacks 3.2.1 RO recipe for autos. I mix my own salts into a 2 part stock solution. If the plant drinks 2 gallons, I remove 2 more gallons, then add 4 gallons of new water with nutrients daily. I've been doing a rez change once every week or 2 to be on the safer side.

Heres a photo of the plant in my 4x4 at day 65. I'm on day 72. Started running into issues on Day 67 or so. The PH dropped to 5.6 at the lowest and I got a few def spots on my leaves.

71588566545  4236CE8B E9D6 4255 AA2E 94956840D9D2

Top Bottom