Everything PH a new grower should know?

• Thread starter newbiegrowertas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbiegrowertas

The only thing I have questions about as a new grower now is PH. From what i have read, feeding cannabis plants with fish fert 5 1 1 naturally acidifies soil. Does this mean not feeding plants and only watering would naturally make soil more alkaline over time? If not then how do I naturally raise PH to counteract the drop after feedings. Any info is greatly appreciated. Also does seaweed extract alone raise ph?

P

Phyto

You don’t need to adjust the soil ph, if it’s a quality bag soil, then it should be buffered. For the most part you don’t need to test soil ph. You’ll be fine! I’ve seen way too many people screw up a grow trying to change soil ph.

N

newbiegrowertas

You don’t need to adjust the soil ph, if it’s a quality bag soil, then it should be buffered. For the most part you don’t need to test soil ph. You’ll be fine! I’ve seen way too many people screw up a grow trying to change soil ph.
Thanks, just worried after killing my first grow attempt with fish fert

Newty

Newty

Is your water source "city" water or well water? Can you drink it?
I grow in soil and use tap water filtered through a Zero Water filter, I've never once tested ph, ppm, nothing. Plants have never showed me a reason to.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Is your water source "city" water or well water? Can you drink it?
I grow in soil and use tap water filtered through a Zero Water filter, I've never once tested ph, ppm, nothing. Plants have never showed me a reason to.
Me either, unless you are crazy alkaline or acidic there is no need to mess with it….soil has all the buffers needed for your plants proper uptake.

I use my ph wand to fix a wobbly table leg….

Last edited:
Top Bottom