Everything was going fine until...

• Thread starter raphen_ilweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

raphen_ilweed

... a day or 2 before it felt like they needed water these plants just dropped. A few plants don't sag like the rest and those that arent are a different strain. The soil felt moist with my finger about 2-3 inches down and the soil moisture meter was just under half. Gave it water but still no improvement. I suggested spraying them with water to water the leaves. Our ideas point to the feeding schedule, 3 weeks in and this emergency water was the first time they got straight water. The idea is that the roots are just heavily clogged. I also suggested a prozyme/hygrozyme to eat away any clogs but my friend kept saying he didn't know anything about it so he didn't want to use it.

Strains: Bluedream, Pot-of-Gold, Snowwhite
Feeding schedule: Not my plants, but something like feed 1. EJB Bonemeal, Molasses, feed 2 Bonemeal Molasses feed 3 .... something like that. Ya over fed right?
Nutrients used: Earth Juice Bloom, Down-to-Earth Bonemeal, Budswell.

Will they make it or is the whole crop a loss?

Everything was going fine until
Everything was going fine until 2
Everything was going fine until 3
Everything was going fine until 4
Everything was going fine until 5
B

BongToker

The crop is not going to be a total loss, What medium are you using and what's the ph?? Also what size pots are they in? They don't look deficient or burned so I can only think else where.. Also what temps and humidity are they in?

R

raphen_ilweed

The medium is pro-mix with Dr Earth 4-4-4, kelp meal and bat guano mixed in. The pots are 5 gallon. The temp 62-75f 50%-70% humidity. I put the tri-meter in the soil one of those inexpensive moisture/ph/light meters. The soil is now wet (watered last night) and the pH meter moves all the way to the left which is Alkaline, maybe 8+? I don't know if that thing is for soil pH or not.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Those tri-meters are crap, I wouldn't rely on them for anything more than telling you it's light out and that there's any moisture in the soil. It's supposed to measure pH, I couldn't tell you if it's anything close to accurate. There is a wet method for testing soil pH, but I'm not so sure that's got anything to do with your problem.

I LOVE Dr. Earth, btw, but my local garden center has stopped carrying it.

How are they looking today?

H

HappyGrower

I have had the same problem too. Flushed the plants with final phase from advanced nutrient for 3 days. Plants came back, with little or no signs of the problem.

Take Care

N

nelson1100

Yeah they are not draning right. is there a clog in your retutn?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you should reduce the amount of light they are getting until you get them through this

you can turn off some of the lights or raise them as high as they can go

R

raphen_ilweed

Yeah they are not draning right. is there a clog in your retutn?
I think there is a clog in your reading comprehension. :sleepy

you should reduce the amount of light they are getting until you get them through this you can turn off some of the lights or raise them as high as they can go
Thank you I will suggest this. They are only 4 600w tho. Still cut back?

I have had the same problem too. Flushed the plants with final phase from advanced nutrient for 3 days. Plants came back, with little or no signs of the problem. Take Care
This is most likely what will be done. Just strip all those salts away.
Pineapple juice is being used instead of Final Flush.

Those tri-meters are crap, I wouldn't rely on them for anything more than telling you it's light out and that there's any moisture in the soil. It's supposed to measure pH, I couldn't tell you if it's anything close to accurate. There is a wet method for testing soil pH, but I'm not so sure that's got anything to do with your problem.
How are they looking today?
I agree, they give you a general idea. Like I said I did the finger test and bucket lift test. Yeah pH has been ruled out.

B

BongToker

pineapple juice?? i have never heard of that before... i suggest you go to a hydro shop and pick up some flushing solution and an accurate ph and ppm meter.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Oh man I know how your feeling right now. 2 weeks ago my plants looked like the 1st pic. I am in hydroton and running E&F. I didn`t pay enough attention to the 3 gal pots drain holes. I transplanted to the 3gal pots and everything was fine. Than all of a sudden the drooped and I couldn`t get them happy. I finally figured it out,drilled some holes and now they are very happy. take a good look at the drainage before changing anything

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
pineapple juice?? i have never heard of that before... i suggest you go to a hydro shop and pick up some flushing solution and an accurate ph and ppm meter.

I second that... Pineapple juice? That just might lay mass execution to your crop. I would recommend use a flushing agent and put the pineapple juice on ice with a shot of vodka n soda.

M

Mr_SLaTe

them plants look like they were real happy at one point...looks to me like the oxygen has been cut off in the roots( too wet) sufficating plants) that would be my guess...looks to be some type of root fungus i had once years ago on a plant....less is more....i flower in 10 gallon pots without any drain holes and i never have a problem..i have learned with promix if you are watering so much that you are getting runoff then you are probally watering too much

J

Jada

I had the exact same, and after no replies on here I went to my local hydro shop who suggested I had nute burn, or ph was too high! I think it inviolved a few other factors too and now I have 8 plants left out of 22! Good luck with it, I can only suggest flushing for a week and using a proper ph tester and getting it to 5.9 to 6.1??? Im not a pro but thats what I did with mine that looked like that and got 8 back to health!

N

nelson1100

I think there is a clog in your reading comprehension.
Fine dude let them die,mine are doing great,but I have been growing for15+years:)

cannabeans

cannabeans

overwatered

looks overwatered! root rot! let the soil dry out. and water way less than you would till they shape up...

Top Bottom