everything's pollinated! yikes - need advice!

• Thread starter MImedMJpatient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MImedMJpatient

The oldest flowers (Northern Lights) don't LOOK pollinated and have a week or two to go but everything in the room seems to be getting less and less smelly and less sticky as well. There are other flowers that are close to being done budding (I will never again use a feminized seed) and they are starting to bulge with seed.

Should I harvest as much as I can right now? Will everything just keep losing potency? Should I even cut plants that are two or three weeks into budding or is the pollination only going to affect the actual bud that has so far grown? In other words, will the new bud growth, possibly, be UNpollinated?

Is there any reason, other than harvesting some unusual genetics, for continuing with the plants that are in the flower room or do I need to start entirely over?

As a caregiver with patients, much depends on the outcome of posting this thread here.

Thanks in advance!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if they are seeded there really is nothing you can do. i would pull the plant that caused the issue. you might as well let them finish unless you have something to replace them with. you might get lucky and end up with soem bud with just a low amount of seed in it and not totally fucked. worse case scenario you can make hash or butter with it and at least recoup something and get something to your patients

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
sounds like youve reached the point of no return... its time for space cake.

that happened to me twice in row after a partner insisted on reloading the room with the same hermie bitch thinking he would spot her in time to separate... foolish fool.

darkmatter

darkmatter

get out the ice pick.ill never buy fem seeds cause im always lookin to pollen chunk but it may not of been the seeds fault, have talk with the plant and see.I sometimes dont and pay, but im always checkin for herms with new stuff, especially when im breedin some other plants and to have some terrorist plants dropin loads while im slippin sucks.so now you know, its usually the plant with the most seeds showin thats the culprit. its possible you could show what happened to where you got the seeds and maybe get some other seeds if you wanted them, especially if others are reporting the same.

E

E.T.

Seeded buds do not lose potency, only smokable product. If they were pollinated from a hermi, toss em. The genetics have been tainted and should not be used. If you don't have replacements, ride it out and make some hash and bho.
Just my. 02

ttystikk

ttystikk

Maury Povich called, they want to know if you can be a guest and see if you're Mary Jane's baby daddy... lol

Seriously, you've accidentally closed the circle of procreation, and those plants are gonna do what they're here for. Above advice is good, and be damned sure you know what you're putting in your room next time, right?

M

MImedMJpatient

I guess 82 means a lot more stress to a plant than 79... the main culprit, I think, is a White Widow - Afghan cross. It is now crossed with Blue Widow, Royal Purple Kush, White Widow, Super Sour OG, OG Sensi, and Hawaiian Purps.

I daresay there is reason to save some of this. The Blue Widow, Hawaiian Purps and Super Sour OG were near their time and I am not sure if those seeds will be mature. I think I will leave the RPK and the OGS to gather mixes and fill the rest of my space ASAP.

Thanks folks; it's been helpful.

Top Bottom