Ewc ?'s...wondering If Yall Can Help Plz

• Thread starter LucifDERRR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

So I brewed up a batch of ewc tea and molasses only, and fed em yesterday to supplement my soil when the lights came on (im on the first week of flowering) and started to look around the web just to get answers because I always have random thoughts/questions. Anyways farmers, I came across a few threads were people were saying that they only used ewc teas up to the first 2 weeks of flower as a soil drench, those threads were posted a few years back so who knows but I was wondering if its bad to use after the first few weeks of flower like they said or also to foliar feed the first weeks.

BigBlueBuds

BigBlueBuds

I've noticed the same debate.

From my understanding people who stop using teas do so because they believe the medium is fully populated with the microbes and adding more would do nothing or at worst cause harm.

I use soilles mix and water with heavy run off, so I use teas the whole way up to the flush at least once a week. Plants love it. If growing in soil perhaps less tea is required because the soil is more alive? theoretically once you've got your microbes in the soil all you should need to do is feed them, but without getting deep in the soil with a magnifying glass. feeding teas once a week keeps me assured of my healthy micro herd.

As far as foliar application I know people who won't spray a thing ever in bloom. Others up to week 3-4 of bloom and a few who spary in to week 6-7. So to each his own. If you have perfect conditions u can get away with spraying more, but spraying buds is just asking for trouble like mold. I don't spary past week 1 of bloom. Once nugs start appearing I wouldn't want to spray some spores or food for spores in the crevices of my swelling flowers.

Curious to hear others takes on this!

Underthesun

Underthesun

I don't spray after flowering. Teas up til the end or at least up until 2 weeks prior to harvest. I see no reason to stop using them, you really have no idea how much microbial life is surviving unless you do tests, so I just keep putting it in there becuase there is no reason not to. I also take my leftover castings that I make my tea with and spread that on the surface of my soil. Makes nice mulch and has to be full of life coming right out of the brewer. I'm realtively new to all of this too, so love to hear what others have to say. But, I really don't think there is a reason to stop teas unless you feel like you are wasting time.

shemshemet

shemshemet

I think people tend to get confused on the tea topic. ACT aerated compost tea. Supports exponential growth of microbial populations.

Personally I think the benefits of EWC are nonstop! But this doesn't mean you need to brew an ACT to reap the benefits. In fact, there may be truth to the microbial population debate.

But, I would use a top dressing or mix some into my feed water until the last day, no problems.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I agree with the confusion. Maybe I should have been more specific and used the term ACT. Since there are nutrient teas, ACT, compost teas from just mixing EWC with water, leachate (stay away from is what I have read) and probably other types of tea I'm not mentioning. Is there any new information on teas out there, or are we just spinnng our wheels here? I feel like this is getting repetitive with all the info out there?

shemshemet

shemshemet

No new information, but information can always be clarified, isolated, and applied differently.

Such as stressing the difference between nutrient teas, Aerated teas, slurries, leachates, botanical teas.

Individual nutrients, mineral compounds, humic/fulvic acids, organic matter, secondary plant metabolites, insect exudates, bacterial exudates, fungal exudates, microbial populations, plant growth hormones.....these and I am sure a much larger list all exist in compost (vermi- or otherwise). They all play differently on plants and on rhizosphere activity.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So I brewed up a batch of ewc tea and molasses only, and fed em yesterday to supplement my soil when the lights came on (im on the first week of flowering) and started to look around the web just to get answers because I always have random thoughts/questions. Anyways farmers, I came across a few threads were people were saying that they only used ewc teas up to the first 2 weeks of flower as a soil drench, those threads were posted a few years back so who knows but I was wondering if its bad to use after the first few weeks of flower like they said or also to foliar feed the first weeks.
What's the harm in continuing to use the tea? I wouldn't foliar it on flowers because I believe it could possibly lead to + #s for microbial testing, but other'n that...?

Late to the show, that's meeeeeeee!!!!!!

LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

People do get confused I didn't know the difference to many and im still fairly new but deff learning. I decide to stop spraying the leaves, it is week one of flowering already or maybe one more ewc foliar feed idk yet but I will continue to use ewc tea most likely till the end of until the last two weeks. Thanks guys deff appreciate the info @shemshemet @Underthesun

@Seamaiden lol yeah im definitely not gonna spray I was thinking about Maybe one more before any pre flowers show, but it is hectic pulling the plants out a phototron and Arrange them around so leaves wont get toasted. Better late than never! Any more inputs and info I greatly appreciate!

Top Bottom