Exact Number?

• Thread starter Thereallenny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thereallenny

Thereallenny

ive been growing in soil for many years and have never checked my runoff ph. I switched to coco and wow it kicks ass . Half the veg time needed with coco. But I read a few posts about ph of runoff in coco and no one really says the exact number it should be in coco.
I recently switched to using the entire advanced line since my buddy closed his hydro store and I’ve got enough to run for free for a year or more. I am actually very impressed. But back to ph of coco runoff, what should it be? I really have no issues, everything is better than great in the garden but I would still love to know where it should be?

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

ive been growing in soil for many years and have never checked my runoff ph. I switched to coco and wow it kicks ass . Half the veg time needed with coco. But I read a few posts about ph of runoff in coco and no one really says the exact number it should be in coco.
I recently switched to using the entire advanced line since my buddy closed his hydro store and I’ve got enough to run for free for a year or more. I am actually very impressed. But back to ph of coco runoff, what should it be? I really have no issues, everything is better than great in the garden but I would still love to know where it should be?
No one can do your grow. Keep on keeping on. Do what works for you. Be a grower. Peace.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Should be closer to hydro than soil

sixstring

sixstring

What is it now on your runoff? I guess if the grow is perfect I would take notes so ya got a fall back if and when ya start changing shit haha. Should be 5.8 to 6.0 going in and 6.2 coming out ain't bad.if ya got 5,8 to 6.0 coming out that's great.mine tended to drift up the further along i got into flower.right around week 4 it would start to drift a few points up on the runoff but the plants looked fine so I never changed my feeds.i also let my shit dry out a few times here n there which is taboo lol.but i always just made sure I had lots of runoff when that happened.

Thereallenny

Thereallenny

What is it now on your runoff? I guess if the grow is perfect I would take notes so ya got a fall back if and when ya start changing shit haha. Should be 5.8 to 6.0 going in and 6.2 coming out ain't bad.if ya got 5,8 to 6.0 coming out that's great.mine tended to drift up the further along i got into flower.right around week 4 it would start to drift a few points up on the runoff but the plants looked fine so I never changed my feeds.i also let my shit dry out a few times here n there which is taboo lol.but i always just made sure I had lots of runoff when that happened.
It’s 5.8 to 5.9 after last 4 waterings.

Enforcer

Enforcer

It’s 5.8 to 5.9 after last 4 waterings.
IMO, you’re good. I grow in coco as well and 5.7-6.0 is where I like to hang out.

Just a tip. If you’re using the ph perfect AN line, do not ph correct anything. Just mix and check ppm. Adding ph up or down will mess with the formula and cause issues.

My run off ph last grow tend to go down a few points over time. I’m not sure if that means anything or not. It just is and I haven’t really had a problem. Although I did get the occasional leaf twist or half a leaf discoloration, or both. It happened so infrequently I really didn’t worry about it. I was using the ph perfect Sensi line when it was happening. However, I was also ph correcting the mix before I got educated. So that may have had something to do with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom