exactly how/when the best time to apply insecticides

• Thread starter Johnnyblaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Johnnyblaze

im a beginner so i was curious on how should i go about applying insecticides, im sure that i have mites but when should i apply it is the question because ive read about how i shouldnt keep it out in the sun as i apply it. Another thing is im little confused on what stages should i apply it durning flowering or veggie.. little help would really appriciate it
Thank you

cannabeans

cannabeans

it depends...

first off what type of insecticide are you using?
if you plan on using an oil based product, like neem or oganicide, you nwould want to apply the treatment first thing in the morn while the sun is coming up. make sure to spary the undersides of the leaves beacuse this IS WHERE THE MITES ARE HANGING. Re apply every three or four days till you see no more mites. the next question.... once again depends on the insecticide you use, but you may spray neem oil at any time during the plants life. i would reccomend to stop treatment if your "bloom" cycle is past 25 to 30 days. i really try NOT to spray anything on my plants during bloom. (personal preference).
NOTE: on some insecticides, the label that states" for use up to day of harvest"
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE MANUFACTURE OF THE INSECTICIDE NEVER MEANT FOR THAT TO BE USED ON CANNABIS.DO NOT USE UP TILL THE DAY OF HARVEST BEACUSE YOU WILL NOT WASH OFF YOUR NICE BUD...but, you can wash that stuff of your veggies though.

prevention works the best.... start an "IPM"( intergerated pest management) program on your vegging plants. please remember that bugs CAN build resistance to insecticides so you should have a few different modes of killing action so the future generations of bugs will not build up resistance. for example.... if you are using neem this week, next week go for "spinosad" and if then maybe some "zero telerance" the next and the back to the neem and so on.
hope this helps

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Juss 2 b safe I spray mine in the morning when the sun is weak or at night when the sun goes down.. I grow in pots outside so I also can move my plants 2 the shade if I spray during the day.. I never spray my plants after week 3 in bloom..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
All sound advice. ^^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom