exausting through hvac

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

i just got another rental and am preparing two 3000 watt flower rooms on flip flops.

i figured out how i want to cool and exhaust the room, just trying to get an opinion on how many cfm's to run the exhaust.

i am going to exhaust the 3 super sun 2's that will be in each room into the hvac duct work. the house is very small, one floor no basement. just two bedrooms and a very small family room and kitchen then a small utility room.

there are two floor vents in both bedrooms. i will seal up one vent in each room with pink insulation. the other vent will have a 6'' back draft damper on it that will open when the inline fan is activated blowing the hot air from the reflectors into the floor vents. when the other room turns on the damper will shut so that the hot air from the other room isn't pushed into that particular vent.

the fans will be activated by temperature, as will a 6'' duct booster fan that will hang from the ceiling, drawing cool air from the attic into the room to maintain a 65-70 night temp and 75-80 day temp. both the light exhaust fan and the duct booster will be plugged into a cap day/night temp controller tmp dne.

i just need to figure out how many cfm's to blow through the duct work. i'm going this route so i don't have to vent into the attic and crack a window in the room for fresh air, or alternatively put holes in both sides of the wall for the light exhaust. i'd like to keep the windows close and the walls in good shape.

i don't have to worry about exhausting smell, because i'll have a 10'' mountain air carbon filter with 10'' can fan max in both rooms.

my best bet might be to look up the furnace online and match the cfm's of the blower that is in the furnace.

maybe someone can use this idea though, so all this writing didn't go to waste. i came up with it earlier today and thought it was a good alternative to me putting 4 holes in the wall. if the vents weren't under the floor but rather on the bottom of the wall conditioning both sides of the wall this would be much easier.

having second thoughts....

Top Bottom