EXCEL ODOR ELIMINATOR carbon scrubbers

• Thread starter diego214
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diego214

anyone have actual experience with these???? i have called multiple shops throughout california and it seems very few people have any input whatsoever. the main reason i hear from shop owners is that because they are so pricey most of their customers dont buy them. I am only looking for comments from people who have used them or know people who do....99.99% of you probably have never heard of them....but i know someone out there does!!! please please any input would be great before i drop over 15k on multiple units.....

D

diego214

can150's are filled with activated coal carbon which is meant for non-organic smells and IMO arnt nearly as good at scrubbing smell as activated coconut carbon which is what is in the odor eliminators. also, the odor eliminators are a tray system which provides about 5 times more surface area to scrub the air being passed through....

S

Sunshinegrower

The type and quality of activated carbon does makes a big difference. Diego214 I don't think those are worth the money at all. If you are handy you could build a better unit that fits your needs and save a ton of money. I personally don't like those units because of the floor space they take up. I like Can filters because they work great hanging from the ceiling to save me all the floor space possible. They are easy to rebuild just drill out the rivets on the top of the filter , remove the top, empty out the old carbon, when replacing with new carbon make sure that the center tub is inline or it'll be hell to get the top back on, tap/shake the unit to get all the carbon you can in it, put the top back on with some self tapper screws and you're done. If you have any old Can filters you can easily replace your carbon with good carbon on the cheap. I found a local source for activated coconut carbon, but am sure people will ship it to wherever you need. Just remember when you do replace the carbon it's fuckin' messy as hell so take off the church clothes first. Here's a couple of tips:

It's better to pull the air through whatever type of carbon you are using a slower rate vs. fast. You want more surface area at a slower rate of air passing through the carbon to do the best job possible. Basically put a speed control on your fan if you have too big of fan and make sure if you are using a Can filter is has room around it.

Keep your humidity in check because if it gets to high the carbon will not be as efficient

Carbon doesn't last forever! You should replace it every 6 or so months depending on your usage and etc.

I like to buy the biggest filters out there and usually run one of them 24/7 venting back into the room. They are also great for when it comes time to trim. I took a old Can filter and slapped on a inline fan and take it into the trim room during the trim and drying process and this cuts out so much of the wonderful smell

M

mrdizzle

I know the urban grower shows them off a lot

I would suggest mountain airs. IMP bar none the best filters on the market. I have a 2yr old one that vents a 9lb room into my closed garage and it doesnt smell one bit, I open my garage and work in there and there is zero odor whatsoever

other filters like can or phresh or whatever they chagned the name too this year need replacing after 2harvest

D

diego214

dizzle and sunshine thanks for your thoughts....ive been looking into those mountain airs but for some reason i keep leaning towards the tray system...floor space isnt an issue where im at. idk, i guess ill figure it out going to meet up with my guy tonight to place a huge order, only time will tell if those odor eliminators are part of it! running some very stinky strains...stardawg, 91 chem, valley og, chem valley kush and the chem leaning pheno of alien og so i just want to be sure that smell (especially at harvest) is pretty much non-existent! ill let you all know if i end up ordering them, and if i do then ill do a grow report and do a full review on those units since there is soo little info on them now

Papa

Papa

Supporter
ill let you all know if i end up ordering them, and if i do then ill do a grow report and do a full review on those units since there is soo little info on them now

please do!!

Papa

B

Bobby Smith

99.99% of you probably have never heard of them....but i know someone out there does!!! please please any input would be great before i drop over 15k on multiple units.....

If I'm dropping $15K on some filters, I'd be looking more for the ".01% of you have never heard of them"...........that's a preposterous amount to spend on filters.

I doubt that the five biggest grows on here combined (like cumulative for all five of them) dropped $15K on filters..........now that I think about it, it's probably closer to the biggest ten grows.

Do these filters trim your harvest as well? Suck you off at lights out? I'm really confused.....:confused0054:

But just going by their AC units, if they're made by Excel than they're almost certainly a ripoff...........good luck and keep us in the loop with whatever you decide.

B

Bobby Smith

OMG........here it is - it removes "the newest smells, giving you peace of mind"..........wow - dude, please don't buy any of these (much less six of them), or I'll personally come and slap you in the face.

There's lots better things to be dropping $15K on.......

D

diego214

i know they're expensive, and OVERPRICED. a DIY unit can be made for much cheaper and then add coco-carbon to them.....but im NOT a DIY kinda guy. Again, the only reason i like these is they seem to be the only tray type scrubber on the market period that ive been able to find, and they use coco-carbon. I have a 12 light room going now with the strains i listed above and have 3 can150's in there and they dont mask the smell come the last few weeks, and at harvest...FORGET ABOUT IT it stinks way too much for my comfort. My price on 6 of these units is around 11k...money is not the issue but security is and smell plays a huge roll in that. if anyone knows of any other tray tyoe scrubber please let me know...otherwise it looks like odor eliminator it is

lollipopman

lollipopman

Have you looked into vaportek? I use a vaportek4000 no carbon scrubbers

D

diego214

dizzle been looking into those mountain air units...def has my attention gonna call the manufacture tomorrow...

D

diego214

havnt seen those before...just looked at the webiste. what size room are u using those in. I have (4) 14 light rooms each about 360sqft but as ive said before...this location i can't afford to have ANY smell whatsoever or as close to that as possible

lollipopman

lollipopman

1200sq ft house only use one, I change out the 90 day cartridge every 60 days, there's a old thread on the mag site about vaportek

M

mrdizzle

the company that owns mountain air also mines the coal as I understand it, use the top stuff for their filters and then sell the rest to other companies. I literally have a 3.5yr old one that blows into my back yard, doesnt smell like weed yet, smells a little like vinegar. my other one is 2.5yr and blows into a closed garage

other people I have set up opted to save $100 bucks on a filter and both have replaced theirs to mountain airs in under a year.

sedate

sedate

mrdizzle said:
the company that owns mountain air also mines the coal as I understand it, use the top stuff for their filters and then sell the rest to other companies. I literally have a 3.5yr old one that blows into my back yard, doesnt smell like weed yet, smells a little like vinegar. my other one is 2.5yr and blows into a closed garage

other people I have set up opted to save $100 bucks on a filter and both have replaced theirs to mountain airs in under a year.

I've heard wispers more than a few places that mountain airs are among the best carbon filters money can buy.

D

diego214

great info all, thanks! couldnt get ahold of the company on friday but will be calling to inquire tomorrow

600gph

600gph

If I'm dropping $15K on some filters, I'd be looking more for the ".01% of you have never heard of them"...........that's a preposterous amount to spend on filters.

I doubt that the five biggest grows on here combined (like cumulative for all five of them) dropped $15K on filters..........now that I think about it, it's probably closer to the biggest ten grows.

Do these filters trim your harvest as well? Suck you off at lights out? I'm really confused.....:confused0054:

But just going by their AC units, if they're made by Excel than they're almost certainly a ripoff...........good luck and keep us in the loop with whatever you decide.

Please explain how there a/c are a rip off....Rockin 4 5 ton units for a year with no problems..Oh and we have moved all of them a few times with no HVAC man needed...

Guess i am stupid but I cannot find an excel carbon scrubber for 15K...

mc

T

tomsawyer

Mountain Air gets their carbon from Tiwest in Australia

This is the same carbon that used to be used in Phat. Phats now use Chinese carbon. The only other filter company that uses this virgin carbon is called Rhino Filter but they are not available in the US.

Latest posts

Top Bottom