Excellent DIY vaporizer cheeeeep!

• Thread starter Graywolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Want a $50 vaporizer that will vaporize any material and is easy to clean?

Here is something I put together out of a $30 dual 150W quartz beam security lamp, by bolting the two lamps face to face and boring a hole for a test tube between them.

The light reostat controls the temperature and the test tube has a two hole stopper in it, one for the out tube and one with an empty ball point pen refill to deliver the fresh make up air to the bottom of the tube.

To use, place the material to be vaporized in the test tube, insert the stopper, and place it in the lamps. Adjust the lamps so that vapor forms without burning and draw it out through the tube.

Tubes are cheap and to clean them, I soak them in alcohol and use a toothbrush.

GW

Quartz light vaporizer
Vaporizer test tube assembly 1
winta

winta

ok slick lil vape! got any shots of that baby in progress? lol

A

alexander

Awesome DIY! That is really neat! You should post some shots of your vape in action! Purple days makes a packaged kit now called the pandora, that allows you to fully assemble your own purple days vaporizer its like $150 and no waiting list which they have for there original p.days.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
very creative

nice work, i'd like to try that baby out.

mal

C

CAPO

I don't get what the test tube is resting on in between the lights, most lights I can get have glass shields. Are you using one light to heat or is it both?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
vape

looks like it is sandwiched between the 2 lights with 1/2 of the tube circumference cut from each.

mal

Graywolf

Graywolf

I don't get what the test tube is resting on in between the lights, most lights I can get have glass shields. Are you using one light to heat or is it both?

I removed the glass covers from both lights. Both lights heat and the tube rests on the ceramic bulbe holder on bottom and I installed a loop of stainless that doesn't show to secure the backend of the test tube on top.

GW

B

BigBudFarmer

This setup also works as a sulfur burner if you replace the glass test tube with a length of copper pipe capped on one end and leave out the stopper/hose

Top Bottom