Excess potassium or Cal/mag deficiency?

• Thread starter ShaggySparx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ShaggySparx

You can see my setup here https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/1st-grow-going-good.107556/

Long story short, I'm growing with FF OF in 3 gal fabric pots, under 600 w (roughly 900-1000 W equivelent) LED. 2 1/2 weeks into flower it's finally showing signs of flowering. I had to leave for 2 days after feeding and came home to this lol.

On the first plants I think I either have excess potassium or Cal/mag deficiency. Possibly light burn? near highest point of plant. Got browns spots and the edges are curling up.
IMG_20191104_201541.jpg
IMG_20191104_201949.jpg

Second plant. I don't know even know lol. More in the undergrowth. Yellow spots on a few leaves
IMG_20191104_201840.jpg
IMG_20191104_201855.jpg

Also both plants have some red stems on fan leaves.

Thanks for any input!

Excess potassium or calmag deficiency
Skunt01

Skunt01

I had something similar when it first started was it white spots on veins?

ZackyFarms

ZackyFarms

You can see my setup here https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/1st-grow-going-good.107556/

Long story short, I'm growing with FF OF in 3 gal fabric pots, under 600 w (roughly 900-1000 W equivelent) LED. 2 1/2 weeks into flower it's finally showing signs of flowering. I had to leave for 2 days after feeding and came home to this lol.

On the first plants I think I either have excess potassium or Cal/mag deficiency. Possibly light burn? near highest point of plant. Got browns spots and the edges are curling up.View attachment 907433View attachment 907434

Second plant. I don't know even know lol. More in the undergrowth. Yellow spots on a few leavesView attachment 907435View attachment 907436

Also both plants have some red stems on fan leaves.

Thanks for any input!

What is your PH and ppm at? I've seen similar issues with a sudden PH swing.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s not deficient but too wet. Thin stingy droopy leaves can be deceiving. Too highly ph will also show similar effects.
It can use a good dry period then feeding with veg nutes at half strength at first and let her dry, watch the new growth if they look normal, bump the feed next feeding to full strength.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Looks a lot like mag deficiencies. Cal mag has the good balance plus easy way to add nitrogen that’s soluble. Or epsom salt, 1tsp to 2.5 gallon water , dissolve over night and feed it like watering , over time~3-4 days ensuring it’s just enough that the plant uses it and goes dry at soil, rinse and repeat for 3 dose cycles and let her recover, feed half rate nutrients and just let her grow and watch , drop humidity if in tent to 50% or less for the duration to help with the uptake and drying out of soil/ media

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks a lot like mag deficiencies. Cal mag has the good balance plus easy way to add nitrogen that’s soluble. Or epsom salt, 1tsp to 2.5 gallon water , dissolve over night and feed it like watering , over time~3-4 days ensuring it’s just enough that the plant uses it and goes dry at soil, rinse and repeat for 3 dose cycles and let her recover, feed half rate nutrients and just let her grow and watch , drop humidity if in tent to 50% or less for the duration to help with the uptake and drying out of soil/ media

But its on upper and newer middle leaves.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
But its on upper and newer middle leaves.
It’s hard to tell with those pics but the leaves chlorosis is indicting ca-fe-Mg line deficiencies, but I’m leaning to Mg as the burn or die off is spotty and from tip to blade mid. If the burn was the other way I’d tend to lean towards zinc-Mg-ca with ca being the culprit!
Any additional pics please!!! Take pics of whole plant , like a top down pic and a wide view side pic and one from root zone up

Last edited:
S

ShaggySparx

I see now i posted in the wrong thread sorry but thanks for the responses lol. I just use my filtered tap water, let it sit for 24 hours and give it a good shake. My PH is perfect around 6.5. I got a cheap soil nutrient tester and found the nitrogen was way high and both the phosphorus and potassium were almost non existent. Also noticed some of the leaf tips were slightly curled down and most of the leaves that weren't affected were darker green so thinking it was excess nitrogen on top of a deficiency. Gave 1/4 dose of tiger bloom at light's on yessterday and the're actually looking a little better today, the one plant has more trichromes than it did yesterday

I plucked the bad leaves (weren't many) and flushed for the next 2 waterings and so far they are starting to look better though some tips are still down...some are kinda sideways, not curled around but curved sideways, phone cant get a good picture of that one :P Phone cant get a good picture at all :D i dont have a meter, where can i get one?

Also its been about 8 weeks in flower now and only the photoperiod QG is starting to form crystals, the "atuoflower" is not

Photo 2019 11 13 10 05 58
Photo 2019 11 13 10 06 01
Photo 2019 11 13 10 06 14
Photo 2019 11 13 10 06 11
Photo 2019 11 13 10 05 34

Yes there are a lot of bandaides but they've healed and the affected leaves appeared on both mended and healthy, nonbroke branches
Photo 2019 11 13 10 05 42

I swear i don't smoke in my grow room I must have a ghost xD
Photo 2019 11 13 10 05 46

S

ShaggySparx

God i'm all over the place xD need to make a special computer for us potheads

Top Bottom