ExHale Bags - anyone have opinions?

• Thread starter singingcrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singingcrow

singingcrow

Hi guys,

I just bought an Exhale bag last week and promptly placed it snugly inside my flowering tent above my light hood. The growing matter is turning white and moldy. No smell, seems to be working, but I have not a Co2 meter to tell.

Anyone have experience with these things or are they a sham? LOL
I mean, I pulled it out of the shipping box and it says, "ready to go, nothing needed" so, how do I know if this $35 bag has been sitting in a warehouse, giving the warehouse some nice Co2 for the last 6 months.

Shouldn't there be a pull tag that "activates" the opening of the bag or something? Just sayin'... it's like I have to have faith that this thing is really creating enough CO2.....

Anyone have experience with these in relation to a 20 lb CO2 tank? Traded my CO2 tank in to try this out...

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

The main issue with those bags is that the way they work, the fungi feeds off the organic food in the bag and releases C02. They last about 2 months. The problem is you dont know how long it has been sitting or when the bag was made.

We tested these bags in a 4x4x8 tent. It took about 3 to 4 bags to maintain levels between 800 and 1500PPM when the tent was sealed.

They have potential in the right environment. We were thinking of taking spores out of the bag and making our own. You can get the materials cheap and the fungi feeds on straw material. What grows in the bag is a type of shroom.

singingcrow

singingcrow

They have potential in the right environment. We were thinking of taking spores out of the bag and making our own. You can get the materials cheap and the fungi feeds on straw material.

Wow, interesting concept. If it's not asking too much, and you have time, could you expound upon that a bit? I like the idea of using natural fungi instead of tanks of CO2, just better for the environment considering logistics and transportation costs, etc...

Is this similar to how mushrooms (both edible and psychedelic) are grown?

Y

Ythor

Is this similar to how mushrooms (both edible and psychedelic) are grown?

Don't know about psychedelic species, but many edible mushrooms are grown either on wood, or (more often) bags of sawdust that have been sterilized (autoclaved). So, yes- it's similar.

Top Bottom