exhaust fan problem or it is just in my head

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so the last couple of weeks i have noticed that my exuast fan is not blowing as much out as it was a month ago when i put my hand in front of the vent i hardly feel any air coming out .i have checked i did not see any holes in the venting at all there is no leaks . i did add an extra passive air intake so now i have 2 4 inch passive air intakes bringing air into my tent so it is not sucked in like it was from that . fan and filter is only 6 months old is there any maintenance i should do to it ?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you're not feeling air come through, I doubt it's in your head.

I had a Vortex fan for about 13 years without problems. I've had an affinity cloudline for two years, no issues. I've never done any maintenance.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
What make/brand is the exhaust fan?
Wouldn't be surprised if you said Vivosun LOL

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

digital grow

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You have a carbon filter on it correct? With those cheap carbon filters and humidity the performance really drops... take the filter off and see how it is then. May need to change the pre-filter and let it dry out in a warm/hot dry area for a few days.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

You have a carbon filter on it correct? With those cheap carbon filters and humidity the performance really drops... take the filter off and see how it is then. May need to change the pre-filter and let it dry out in a warm/hot dry area for a few days.
the pre filter never got wet or damp i changed the pre filter about 2 months ago but i will do that

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

well i took the ducting coming from my tent off the fan and then my fan was blowing just fine

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

because vivosun is absolute dogshit both as a company and a product. Can’t stand anything they make. It’s all garbage and I think many of their customers would agree. Never again.

10/11 of their products were a complete waste of money.
well whats your idea of a good carbon filter?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I took thw pre fitter off my filter and putthe filter back in the tent and it works fine so it was just the pre fitter is there any harm in having the filter in the tent without a pre fitter

CF89

CF89

Just throw the pre filter in the washing machine. That’s what I’m planning on doing with mine. It’s just a white cloth with some weed stink on it.

I believe you can get the carbon to be re activated too if you can get it to 800f (I think that’s the number. It’s around there) for a few mins. Oven isn’t hot enough :(.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

nothing wrong with the filter it seems to be working fine with no pre filter on it i will wash both of mine in the morning

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wash the pre-filter and put it back on.... thats what protects the filer. Of not then the filter itself will clog.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so i washed my pre fitters i had 2 fan worked good for a night or 2 now its back to being the same way i pretty sure the fan is ok it blows great with the filter

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so i washed my pre fitters i had 2 fan worked good for a night or 2 now its back to being the same way i pretty sure the fan is ok it blows great with the filter
Yeah maybe time for a new filter. Humidity can also make them less efficient

Latest posts

Top Bottom