exhaust fans

• Thread starter Hondaguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hondaguy

Hi guys going to be upgrading one of my reflectors. Currently have a blockbuster 6 and love it thinking of getting one more to replace my super sun 2. Currently have a 6 inch exhaust pulling air from the room threw the lights and out. I was going to upgrade my ex fan to an 8 inch but have 6 inch duct. My question is would it be ok to reduce the 8 to a 6 i know i can but would it hurt airflow. The plan was to use the 6 for an active intake an the 8 for the lights they get a little hot. o i have 1 600 an 1 400 light.

socalpunx

socalpunx

You should be fine with the 6 inch fan but I dont know how hot your area is,8inch is good also.
If you reduce it,the airflow will reduce but it will still pull alot more air than the 6inch you should still be fine

soserthc1

soserthc1

You will be fine and you can buy an adapter to make it fit , shouldn't make that much of a difference unless your really battling temps which at this time of the year is unlikely .....

H

Hondaguy

temps in the room are about 78 to 81 that is with just the 6 inch pulling air threw both the 600 and the 400 with passive intake. outside temps are 50 to 65. fall and winter im good with the heat issue but when the summer hits forget it 88* 89* no ac.. also how do you guys set up your vent fan to pull or push. currently have the fan pulling so hot air goes threw the fan hoods then out . could i reduce the temps by pushing air

Latest posts

Top Bottom