Exhausting too much air too soon?

• Thread starter Yndisfagur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yndisfagur

I have a can fan (424 cfm) exhausting out a carbon filter on a 5x5x7 tent. 600w light sealed with 424 cfm fan exhausting that too.
5000 BTU window AC cooling the room at 60 degrees.

With the can exhaust fan on my temps are 90 degrees max, but when I only run the AC and turn off the exhaust fan I stay below 84 degrees. Is it possible I'm exhausting cold air too quickly there for losing efficiency?

Is the only remedy for this a fan speed controller?

Since it is a sealed environment, is it necessary to exhaust any cfm's while the AC is on pushing in fresh air?

Thanks!

S

seebobsled

So two fans or one for light and tent? Are you cycling all heat in room with ac or is light exhausted outside?
5000btu is good for a room 10x12.If you have hot outside temps and not venting light it is a large demand on that ac.
Give a little more info !

Y

Yndisfagur

So two fans or one for light and tent? Are you cycling all heat in room with ac or is light exhausted outside?
5000btu is good for a room 10x12.If you have hot outside temps and not venting light it is a large demand on that ac.
Give a little more info !

thanks seebobsled,
yes two fans for one light and tent
ya im cycling all the heat in the room (tent to closet, so it cycles in the closet)
yes i do have hot outside temps and i'm not venting the light. the temp in the closet is really high unfortuneately

any suggestions?

Top Bottom