Experience with Water Crystals

• Thread starter HB Dave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HB Dave

I am leaving for a few days (4) next week, I have a house sitter, but don't want to have her move plants in and out of the tent for watering every other day, I normally have to water every other day in their containers.

Water Crystals were recommended, I was able to find SoilMoist. I am in week 5 of flowers, in 5 gal. containers, they will be in a tent all day, under a 1000w HPS Bulb for 11.5 hours, then lights out.

Anyone have any experience they can share with this product? I need to put them in the soil in the next day or 2.

Thanks in advance for reading and any experience or thoughts you can share.

707style

Aren't you suppose to mix those in the soil before you plant?:passingjoint:

H

HB Dave

There is a way on the label to do it after they are in pots, you make holes in the soil and spread the measured amount into 3 - 4 holes, then top the holes back with soil.

707style

There is a way on the label to do it after they are in pots, you make holes in the soil and spread the measured amount into 3 - 4 holes, then top the holes back with soil.

Cool, I was reading on there web site and saw this.

"Note: Soil Moist must be incorporated into the soil at the root level of the plant/green good. Do not top dress or place on the surface."

I figured you knew what you were doing, just didn't want to see those beautiful girls get thirsty this far into flower. Glad to see some of the old OU gang on here. Peace

H

HB Dave

Ya, I saw it on the label, that is why I got this product, I hope they are OK but I do have a back up plan with a house sitter, just don't want her to have to move them if not necessary.

H

HB Dave

Okay, wish me luck, I put them in today for a test before the weekend trip next week, made holes 6" deep, put 1 tsp in each hole, 4 holes!

Pots are much heavier!

M

Mox

I simply love water crystals. I use them in about everything, even regular house plants. The hydro store in Campbell has larger water crystals than soil moist. The larger crystals take longer to soak up water but they dry up slower also.. so I prefer them myself. They saved all my plants when i left for a weekend and a heat spell came that weekend. I came back after just 2 days and they were starting to show some moderate wilting. If I didn't have water crystals that would be a huge loss. Think of them as insurance :)

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Water crystals have saved me on guerilla grows, especially during forest fire time and all the roads are blocked for a week!

J

joebean91

I use soil moist crystals for my outdoor grows and would recommend them .

Funny story ; One year I was bringing a few plants to an outdoor spot , I dug a nice big hole in the ground and filled it up with some promix and worm castings . Then I proceeded to transplant my ladies into their new home and watered em in , just as I finished up I realized that I forgot to mix in the soilmoist crystals . I decided to poke a few holes in the soil with my fingers and dump some crystals into the holes , then I sprinkled the rest on top of the soil and started my hike home . When I returned to my spot to check up on 'em about a week later there was a blanket of slime an inch or two deep covering the entire area ! . I nearly shit myself thinking WTF happened !!! . Took me a minute to realize it was just the soilmoist ! .

Top Bottom