Experienced Info On Pot/container Size??

• Thread starter Kilok9t9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kilok9t9

Kilok9t9

I have 9 plants and they are all in at least 3 gallon containers containers except maby 1-2 some are in 4 gallon + containers so my main question is will they all grow at different rates ? And will they still survive and give me a decent harvest? I have read many articles and forums about container size . I like the idea it's a bit more manageable and controllable when using containers . Some people say no more then 5 gallon is needed others say more the better ... People also have said they have had plants thrive and give decent harvests from 2 gallon containers ... My largest ones are in the biggest containers they are all bag seeds so I do not know the strain or wax until they show .. My biggest ones I was told could very likely turn male but they have not they are showing only female calyx . So why are my others so small ? Could they be different strains or are they most likely smaller due to container size .. I have kept the ph levels perfect no pests and was down on hands and knees daily inspecting them so there should be very little stress issues .. Then again I am a first timer so I'm not aware of all the variables ...

Experienced info on potcontainer size
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The second set of plants I grew were in 15 gallon cloth pots and they were like trees.
I grew one in a cup and it only yielded a few grams.
Bigger pots can grow big plants but you can also grow big plants in small containers.
What is the history of your plants, all from seed? Clones? Freebie mystery plants found in the alley by the dumpster?

Kilok9t9

Kilok9t9

I'v collected these seeds from bags of cannabis that I really enjoyed so if I found a seed I would save it now I am growing them and they are turning out pretty good I am gonna get some dispensary seeds next I just wanted to learn and try befor spending real money and effort

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
A good basic formula to use when your growing in soil in pots is you're going to yield about 1 ounce of medicine per gallon of soil. This is if you keep all your environmental factors in check and strain and phenotype dependent. Best of luck. Peace

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I'v collected these seeds from bags of cannabis that I really enjoyed so if I found a seed I would save it now I am growing them and they are turning out pretty good I am gonna get some dispensary seeds next I just wanted to learn and try befor spending real money and effort
There are better seeds than the ones at the dispensary, if you are in canada just order some from here or another reputable seed bank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom