Experienced responses onLy!! 1.5lbs per light/ 1plant per 1k light...horizontal

• Thread starter Hugo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hugo

Ok,
I need to acquire 1.5lbs minimum per 1000watt horizontal light.

Yes I'm experienced grower, but my experience is with 10plants per light with promix.

I have done extensive research on this board and decided on 70/30 perlite to coco on a drip system....with 15 gallon fabric pot...

Because of plant count and power available, I will be doing 1000w horizontal.....over each plant.

Not going to do trees vertical grow.

I will be doing extensive LST and supercropping along with dropping a scrog on them.

I have the experience with higher plant count to achieve 1.75-1.95lbs per light with proper genetics

So,

I am growing out headband and great white shark....

2 month flower period.

My big question to all experienced.........

Can I achieve a proper canopy and sized plant with a two month veg from rooted clone for hitting my numbers if all enviornmental conditions and proper training is nice and tight?

Is the 2 month veg period long enough to fill out a 4x4 scrog?

Once again, I have a decent yielder in headbands and great white shark....

Is that enough of a veg? I know every plant is diff but I need experienced answers....

D

DazedNconfussed

This would be a great thread for you to read.....this farmer did a scrog with a single plant under one light....plenty of info...

sedate

sedate

Hugo said:
I need to acquire 1.5lbs minimum per 1000watt horizontal light.

Yes I'm experienced grower, but my experience is with 10plants per light with promix.

I have done extensive research on this board and decided on 70/30 perlite to coco on a drip system....with 15 gallon fabric pot...

Because of plant count and power available, I will be doing 1000w horizontal.....over each plant.

I think the most reasonable answer here is 'yes' this is technically feasible - but it is going to revolve around a few variables - most notably a strain that is willing to comply with the (heavy) training it will take to put one plant into a 4x4 scrog.

This will be a very difficult task. Nevermind the massive veg space it will take - I would think you'd need to do a good three weeks of this vegging in the actual final flower space to properly get them into a screen.

Good luck dude. Make a journal.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Your 1.5 lb per plant goal will require a very long veg. It will also truly depend on strain and mastery of said strain and set up.

I am sure it is possible.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

When I read the title of this thread, the thread Dazed posted was exactly what I was thinking of..... Dr. FeelGood killed it with that scrogged out tree... I'd ask him directly if you have any questions. Seems to have proof as a good authority.

H

Hugo

When I read the title of this thread, the thread Dazed posted was exactly what I was thinking of..... Dr. FeelGood killed it with that scrogged out tree... I'd ask him directly if you have any questions. Seems to have proof as a good authority.

Yes I briefly skimmed his thread, but didn't go thru it carefully cause he had a vegged out mother and not from strait rooted clone and veg from there.

Not applicable really. Great info, and a lot of useable info, but I need to have a cut and rooted clone, with a timeline from there rooted clone veg and training and scrog...
Momentum from clone, not from vegged and cut back mother.

So again, would 2 month veg from rooted clone be realistic to fill a a properly trained and scrogged 4x4 net .....
Or...

Is 3 month more realistic?

Again,

1.5lbs per light with one 1k over one plant in 70/30perlite to coco...

Experienced opinions please...

Thanks in advance!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Considering your variables and your skills, no one can answer your question as we cannot foresee any troubles you might experience through the cycle.
Your answer is yes this can be done, but requires much training and whatnot like mentioned above.

But the only true answer to your question is grow/veg the plant and when it is ready to flip/transition to flower, Do it! Then you'll know with your parameters and strains how long it takes to fill that space.
I know it's not the answer you want, but it's the most accurate...

H

Hugo

Reason I'm asking mostly is because if it's a 10 week veg from rooted clone then I get a kush variety that is a 10week strain as opposed to an 8 week strain.

This way I can veg in my veg room for the 10 weeks and pop it into my flower room for 10weeks.

I will have a large veg room feeding the 2 flower rooms on flip. The extra 2 weeks can open up my strain selection considerably..

I'm trying to time for production with no downtime...

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Yes I briefly skimmed his thread, but didn't go thru it carefully cause he had a vegged out mother and not from strait rooted clone and veg from there.

Not applicable really. Great info, and a lot of useable info, but I need to have a cut and rooted clone, with a timeline from there rooted clone veg and training and scrog...
Momentum from clone, not from vegged and cut back mother.

So again, would 2 month veg from rooted clone be realistic to fill a a properly trained and scrogged 4x4 net .....
Or...

Is 3 month more realistic?

Again,

1.5lbs per light with one 1k over one plant in 70/30perlite to coco...

Experienced opinions please...

Thanks in advance!

Yes. That is my exact setup. I'm probably more like 60/40 though. I use 2 bags of Canna to one 4 cu ft bag of perlite. I plan on 2 months veg but usually only go 6-7 weeks depending. I use plenty of beneficials along the way. 15 gallon smart pots with 4 open 1/4" tubes with stakes per plant, no drippers.

I think one of the big keys is plenty of room between the plants in veg. Makes for a much squater bushier plant with lots of side lighting. I run horizontals also, adjust a wings actually. CO2 goes from 600-1000 by the end of veg, that is another key imo. I do quite a bid of bending, not scrog, and top once depending on strain. Plants are pruned on the inside a lot through out into week 2 of flower.

I used to do 4-6 plants a light and switched over to 1 per 6 rounds ago. I love it. Way simpler, less dirt, less #'s. Win, win ,win. Plan on more nutes though. My plants will suck down 5 gallons a day each at times.

And yes the big ? my yields are right there if not better than with higher #'s. I get anywhere from 1.5 -2.75 per plant depending on strain averaging a little over 2 per. Pre 98 bubbas come in at 2.25 for example. Plan on doing a lot more supporting, even in veg.

There are so many other factors at work obviously, but those are some of the basics that come to mind for me. Personally I think there is a lot more satisfaction in growing this way. I get to know each plant much better and thus take even better care.

Have fun with it.

Top Bottom