Experiences And Feedback On Using The Strainbank For Clones In Socal.

• Thread starter Hellno187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellno187

Hellno187

It's time to get a new batch of girls growing for holiday flowers, and I'm thinking of trying this place. Since I've had bad experiences with being sold plants that weren't the strains they claimed to be, I'm very skeptical of all places that either I or my friends haven't had prior business with. I did look for prior threads on here about Strainbank, but the one I found was from 2014 and had conflicting views. So I figured I would start a new thread and see if I could get a better, more relevant consensus.

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

If you are referring to the one in San Diego I would suggest strongly staying away. I purchased some "BC Big Bud" from them. THAT IS NOT WHAT I GOT. What I got was "pre teens" that were not even rooted but yet they are suppose to be month old clones. They were more like 2 day old clones not teens. Also I did not get BC Big Bud like they "SOLD" me. I ended up with 3 different stains not quite sure what they are but its not Big Bid. I would never order from this company again they are a fake and will sell you whatever they have laying around and just name it the strain you are looking to buy. I have yet to find them on yelp but when I do they will get a rating there as well. I wish you luck finding clones but DO NOT get them from this shady ass place.

Hellno187

Hellno187

No I haven't tried Clone Masters, are they reliable and in the SoCal area Bill?

Bill22

Bill22

No I haven't tried Clone Masters, are they reliable and in the SoCal area Bill?
They are in LA. I have not used them, but plan to. I know one of the people in their sister company, Growroommasters, and he is straight up. Their site may not be completely up-to-date w/ their inventory, so you should ask them what they have.

Hellno187

Hellno187

Yeah I just checked their site and they have really good Yelp reviews (even though Yelp reviews can be fabricated), they do however have a 6 plant minimum. I know 6 plants isn't a lot but since I only grow for myself right now the grow box I have only supports 4 without light penetration issues.

Bill22

Bill22

Yeah I just checked their site and they have really good Yelp reviews (even though Yelp reviews can be fabricated), they do however have a 6 plant minimum. I know 6 plants isn't a lot but since I only grow for myself right now the grow box I have only supports 4 without light penetration issues.
Well, you might want to start with five if you have an extra pot, and then once you are well into veg and can see what is what, keep the four healthiest and toss the other one out. To me, that additional $15 or so would be worth it to have five to choose four from. If you do choose them, I would be int'd to see how they turn out, as i will be using them for my January grow.

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

What size is your grow area and what size light are you running? There are different methods to get good light penetration depending on your setup and the strain you are going to be growing. I defoliate on day 1 and day 21 of flower. It depends on the stain I am growing as to how much I defoliate.

Hellno187

Hellno187

4' x 4' w and 8' h w/ 600 watt HPS for flower, and not worried about veg because I have a ton of veg lights. I'm looking at getting Girl Scout Cookies but haven't made up my mind for sure. I have tried a few different techniques to squeeze more plants in, and so far I found I get a better harvest with 4. But I'm down to try something else if it will work.

Bill22

Bill22

I defoliate on day 1 and day 21 of flower. It depends on the stain I am growing as to how much I defoliate.
Defoliation will one day become "the standard." In my humble opinion. Although someone else posted that some strains do not respond to it.

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

That is what I do. I defoliate on Day 1 of flower and on Day 21 but also it depends on strain because some strains just do not handle it well, it is also different depending on strain. Some strains work better if you leave a few bud sites on them. With GSC if you are going to attempt something like this I I would leave the top 3 bud sites on the strongest branches and chop off the rest. By doing this it will allow the plants to get more light throughout and produce bigger buds. Also Superglue tends to grow well in tight areas from my experience. With a 4x4x8 room you should be able to get at least 9 you will just have to monitor light height and make sure nothing is getting to close and burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom