Experiences With Kool Bloom?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
A friend donated a small quantity of what he claims was Kool Bloom, which was a light pinkish color. He said the recommended dose was 1/4 teaspoon/gallon. I eyed up a batch and dumped it on and just wanted to see what anyone's experiences have been with it? I'm minimal and don't usually use anything other than 20-20-20 and a smattering of wood ashes and Epsom salts in Promix. Is there any bite to this dog's bark...my buddy said it's unbelievably expensive.

cannabeans

cannabeans

General hydroponics recommends you use Kool bloom the week prior to flush. I have used it but the only thing I noticed is that the flowers would send out "new growths" that didn't really seem to look nice on my buds. .. I have not used since.
This is my experience...

P

PFOrganic

I used koolbloom once and it was okay. Ever since, I've been using Heavy16 fire, great results. Typically start using light doses of it in the last week of veg then work it up throughout flower. Know a lot of people who use it and absolutely love it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

A friend donated a small quantity of what he claims was Kool Bloom, which was a light pinkish color. He said the recommended dose was 1/4 teaspoon/gallon. I eyed up a batch and dumped it on and just wanted to see what anyone's experiences have been with it? I'm minimal and don't usually use anything other than 20-20-20 and a smattering of wood ashes and Epsom salts in Promix. Is there any bite to this dog's bark...my buddy said it's unbelievably expensive.

Not expensive. Not a big fan. It caused a lot of nute burn to my water leaves but my outdoor plants seemed to finish okay on it this year. I liked the Beastie Bloomz much better for a finisher even though it's more expensive.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Somebody started a thread about giving Flower Fuel a shot but it got shut down or something. How do you feel it compares to MOAB or Shooting powder, if you have tried those?

Haven't tried either of those and only seen the outcome of Flower Fuel as an observer. A lot of the commercial growers around here use Flower Fuel in addition to a two part kelp/fish nute regiment and Hi-Brix. When I tried using Kool Bloom to replace the Hawaiian Bud & Bloom (truly cheap stuff) for a bit less nitrogen it caused a serious potassium deficiency in my tent grow. Had to bolster my girls with Krazy Kelp to keep them from being burnt to a crisp. Worked out okay but you can see the damage done to my Chocolate Nepal from Kool Bloom (when run alone).
20181122 132205
20181122 132211

They've recovered nicely with help from the "K" from Krazy Kelp. Definitely keep an eye on your soil NPK when using KB.
20181126 063149

In all honesty, it may not be so much the fault of the KB and more my lack of experience that caused the problem. Still, I never had an issue with running straight Beastie Bloomz. The KB did crispy leaves on my outdoor girls as well even though I took great care of them. Though new, I consider myself a fairly competent outdoor grower at this point.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
This is the first time in over 30 years that I've tried something "specialized", depending on Promix, manure, Epson salts, 20-20-20, and a few wood ashes instead. My regular fertilizer is 1 tablespoon/gallon/week of the 20-20-20, and usually something like 15-30-20 for blooming. I see a lot of talk about burning shit...something I haven't dealt with since my 1st grow when using some other stuff along with my regular setup. I'll be interested to see if it makes any notable differences, but I'm pretty well along for starting bud nutes and things are already pretty frosty. I'm just worried about screwing things up...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Its just a pk booster. Apply it towards the end of flower, cant say what week since plants all take different times. Was going to recommend swapping the 20/20/20 out for a more bloom oriented mix as being more important than boosters but you got that covered.

You might want to try a side by side. Your dosage sounds reasonable at a 1/4 teaspoon a gallon, i used it around week 6 and 7 on 9/10 week strains. I dont use them anymore, still have 2lbs of the stuff, i found it was a smoother/nicer smoke without although there is a small drop in yield. For me, the quality bump outweighed the yield drop, but you may have a different experience. Maybe pull back on your base 15-30-20 a bit when using the boosters, the lower the N levels you can get away with the better during the later half of flower.

420.hydro

420.hydro

I was told that general hydroponics was bought up by scotts and the product has changed in someway the industry is against (not exactly sure of the specifics) but was steered towards canna products...seems to less complicated and straight forward...guess my point is that if you have a small amount maybe you just use in your fruit/vegetable gardens and get something that will see you thru to the end of the grow...just my 2 cents...peace!!

Top Bottom