Experiment 3 Deep Water Culture

• Thread starter Gavg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scubascrog

scubascrog

Try to wrap your buckets in foil or something so light isnt in your root zone :)

Gavg

Gavg

water between 18.5 and 19 Ā°c ph stableish under 6.5 in res for 3 days .
I was getting ph of 8.5 in 24 hr and correcting daily .

Gavg

Gavg

All so did a little research into cooling components I paid Ā£40 for cooling system .
Could make 1 myself fo Ā£20 parts off eBay
This is what I'm going to make for a m8.
Bet it cools it better.

DGP

DGP

All so did a little research into cooling components I paid Ā£40 for cooling system .
Could make 1 myself fo Ā£20 parts off eBay
This is what I'm going to make for a m8.
Bet it cools it better.
Could you show what you are referring to as a cooling system? I am interested in what you would use that is that reasonable in cost cause a chiller normally costs a couple hundred pounds (250-275 US).

Dee

Gavg

Gavg

Lol forgot to mention all seedlings have out the net pot activity doubling in size every 48 hrs , new leaves are normal and green.

DGP

DGP

Lol forgot to mention all seedlings have out the net pot activity doubling in size every 48 hrs , new leaves are normal and green.
Good, you should see explosive growth once the plants get through the initial root growing phase. Mine sort of pause when they are pushing roots out of the net and then really take off.

Dee

Gavg

Gavg

This is only for 30 ltr system but the main component could be doubled or trebled in theory.
Look at this on eBay

Also 12v power supplie around Ā£5
And Jack plug connectors for Ā£1.50

DGP

DGP

Ok bro, I get it a Peltier solid state cooler. The only thing I am wondering is if 60W is enough to do the job. Maybe you chain a few together but then soon you are at the price of a standard cooler. Also, how do you control it would you use some kind of thermostat?

Love the creative thinking!

Dee

Gavg

Gavg

The cooler I got runs under 40w a built one should run around the same my aim is to build a perfect system which runs under 600w total I will see results of other experiment under 600hps bucket bubler only next weet

Latest posts

Top Bottom