Experimenting With Lst....

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

So, along with my Ongoing Soil diary, I'm starting a documentation of my current experiments with LST. Grab your tie dye. Put on some trippy music and tag along.

I'm using a couple Deathstar clones. They respond well to some manipulation.

A brief pic timeline to current day.

Experimenting with lst
Experimenting with lst 2
Experimenting with lst 3
Experimenting with lst 4
Experimenting with lst 5
Experimenting with lst 6
Experimenting with lst 7
Experimenting with lst 8
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Pulls up chair.. opens can of coke and packet of chips ..oh and a fat number :smoking:

Interested to see what you do with them and how they react..

Cheers max
Right on. I've had some good results in the past. I just bend branches all over the place and let the tops grow up. Typically resulting in a lot of floppy growth and multiple stakes and ties. Recently, I've been a little more selective how I train and prune. Try not to develop too many tops at first. 4-6. Once those go vertical and the stems get a little stronger I may top them creating 8-12 tops. Nip off any developing leaves/node growth from the lowest portion of the branches. Ultimately utilizing a small scrog or stakes and ties to support the upper half.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Pulls up chair.. opens can of coke and packet of chips ..oh and a fat number :smoking:

Interested to see what you do with them and how they react..

Cheers max
They should come out nice. I have one a bit further along with four main leads about ready for the flip. Next chance I get I'll get a pic. Only difference is I topped first instead of LST. Four main leads instead of the 8 tops I'm training this one to.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I went down to the garden. Lol. Here's that one I mentioned. Just placed her in the flower tent tonight. This was topped and four shoots trained. It's about 4 mos old.

IMG 20190407 001046960
IMG 20190407 001106130
IMG 20190407 001117083
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Yeah, 4 mos long time for a 2' plant. Soil, topping stress, and she was set aside in veg a bit long. Overall, this one got slightly larger than what I like to veg. I'm hoping that the current experiment I have going will not stress too much from LST and I plan to be more timely with the next transplant keeping it a little more compact.

Longsmoker

Longsmoker

Right? I've really been lazy lately and not tending to the garden appropriately. I'm kind of in survival mode. Just a couple cuttings to keep genetics alive in the veg tent and these were pushed aside for the past 90 days just slowly vegging. Finally flowering.
Right? I've really been lazy lately and not tending to the garden appropriately. I'm kind of in survival mode. Just a couple cuttings to keep genetics alive in the veg tent and these were pushed aside for the past 90 days just slowly vegging. Finally flowering.
Some bloom will get them happy again

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Some bloom will get them happy again

I just topdressed with some dry amendments and brewing tea as we speak. I've dragged me feet too long with a g-room remodel and now way behind with these and have a few in veg that need some attention. But the general idea of LST has been accomplished. I'm still gonna get the lower branches thinned out in the next few days.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Iv been LST for years with good results, but this year iv been main lining and getting 8 main colas , sometimes I do LST them 8 heads in flower if they start getting to tell in the first 2-3 weeks of flower..

Ill never do anything different from main-lining again, unless I was in a rush. Mainlining takes some time to veg and set up but the results have been great better than LSD and no shitty buds to trim nice big fat colas

ahemait

ahemait

Iv been LST for years with good results, but this year iv been main lining and getting 8 main colas , sometimes I do LST them 8 heads in flower if they start getting to tell in the first 2-3 weeks of flower..

Ill never do anything different from main-lining again, unless I was in a rush. Mainlining takes some time to veg and set up but the results have been great better than LSD and no shitty buds to trim nice big fat colas
I've been tempted to try main lining. The symmetry appeals to me.

Is it just an aesthetic, essentially? I understand it take a deal of more time. How are the yields? Do they compare to other styles? Or just prettier?

Ph 007

Ph 007

Maybe aesthetic playing tricks on me but unusually get like 3 oz a plant in soil, I auto pots. 4 plants under 1 600 watt HP's
I never veged they long tho as didn't have time to wait, now I veg as some are in Flower. I guess I veged longer and just Lilly poppred and LSD id also get big colas and no shitty Buds..

But a few moths ago I switched to coco in had 4 plants same setup I was having problems sick plants 2 died do serviced they where mainlined in veg and 2 plants give me 7oz each dry., that was my first time properly mainlining..

Now if got the hand of coco not yet perfect at it but getting their so in hoping I can possible get 7 a plant , that's 4 plants under one 600 watt, but I suspected realistically I'll get 5 a plant,
But from the way they grow they don't needed to be lollypoped in flower or remover hardly any leaves as 8 colas can be evenly spaced, so that alone is less stress and more energy for growth..

I'm not on my 3rd grow with main-linibg last one that was after my 2 plants 7oz each grow, was a disaster so can't count that lol..

But from what iv seen in my first main lining grow with just 2 plants that weren't in the best shape it look very very promising..

So maybe I'll be better saying I want do anything different from main-lining , after if had more experience, heck maybe I'm not in a position to say yet lol again but from what seen so far it look very very promising lol :) the plants looked lollypoped in flower from the way they grew from the main lining so again no need to lollypop under growth.

Sorry if that all over the place on my.phone

Also the coco obviously improved my yield,, but try it they way they grow you will see what I mean.

I bet some people are laughing thinking 4 plants and getting just 5-7 oz dry a plant under a 600 watt, lol COB next for me maybe that will make a diffence iv read and heard good things about COB light

Last edited:
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Maybe aesthetic playing tricks on me but unusually get like 3 oz a plant in soil, I auto pots. 4 plants under 1 600 watt HP's
I never veged they long tho as didn't have time to wait, now I veg as some are in Flower. I guess I veged longer and just Lilly poppred and LSD id also get big colas and no shitty Buds..

But a few moths ago I switched to coco in had 4 plants same setup I was having problems sick plants 2 died do serviced they where mainlined in veg and 2 plants give me 7oz each dry., that was my first time properly mainlining..

Now if got the hand of coco not yet perfect at it but getting their so in hoping I can possible get 7 a plant , that's 4 plants under one 600 watt, but I suspected realistically I'll get 5 a plant,
But from the way they grow they don't needed to be lollypoped in flower or remover hardly any leaves as 8 colas can be evenly spaced, so that alone is less stress and more energy for growth..

I'm not on my 3rd grow with main-linibg last one that was after my 2 plants 7oz each grow, was a disaster so can't count that lol..

But from what iv seen in my first main lining grow with just 2 plants that weren't in the best shape it look very very promising..

So maybe I'll be better saying I want do anything different from main-lining , after if had more experience, heck maybe I'm not in a position to say yet lol again but from what seen so far it look very very promising lol :) the plants looked lollypoped in flower from the way they grew from the main lining so again no need to lollypop under growth.

Sorry if that all over the place on my.phone

Also the coco obviously improved my yield,, but try it they way they grow you will see what I mean.

I bet some people are laughing thinking 4 plants and getting just 5-7 oz dry a plant under a 600 watt, lol COB next for me maybe that will make a diffence iv read and heard good things about COB light
I wouldn't laugh at those yields. My limited experience with barely any training and growing in soil has bested about 3 oz per plant. That's truly with minimal care and additional nutrients. Water and occasional ewc tea plus one top dressing of dry amendments during flower. I'm certain yields could be way better, but i don't make the time to really be in the tent as much as I'd like. Hence the reason this past grow had lacked.

I think with coco and more attention to training the plant in veg you can really utilize your grow space to the max and achieve an efficient method of growing. Coco not as forgiving as soil, but once you dial in, you're golden. Mainlining is a LST discipline that pays off with very uniform node spacing and even canopy stretched over the footprint of your light source. Almost like scrog without the net. If you have the patience and time, very nice method. Me, i kinda wad it all up and throw it against the wall and see what's gonna stick. 😂😂😂 These last two i have in the tent are gonna be it for a little while. Keeping a few mothers going for future, but trying to reevaluate the room and upgrade lights.
In the long run, i believe LST is an indoor grower's best friend. Whatever method you use, bend em, spread em and expose those nodes!

Ph 007

Ph 007

I wouldn't laugh at those yields. My limited experience with barely any training and growing in soil has bested about 3 oz per plant. That's truly with minimal care and additional nutrients. Water and occasional ewc tea plus one top dressing of dry amendments during flower. I'm certain yields could be way better, but i don't make the time to really be in the tent as much as I'd like. Hence the reason this past grow had lacked.

I think with coco and more attention to training the plant in veg you can really utilize your grow space to the max and achieve an efficient method of growing. Coco not as forgiving as soil, but once you dial in, you're golden. Mainlining is a LST discipline that pays off with very uniform node spacing and even canopy stretched over the footprint of your light source. Almost like scrog without the net. If you have the patience and time, very nice method. Me, i kinda wad it all up and throw it against the wall and see what's gonna stick. 😂😂😂 These last two i have in the tent are gonna be it for a little while. Keeping a few mothers going for future, but trying to reevaluate the room and upgrade lights.
In the long run, i believe LST is an indoor grower's best friend. Whatever method you use, bend em, spread em and expose those nodes!
I was the same just keep it simple and easy I might go back to soil soon so much easier lol, Soil I'd vary rarely have any problems so easy.
Problem I have now is i main line and in lm in coco now so need feed them more as coco dries fast and the main lining I'm forever playing with them, and iv had problems with coco I'm forever flushing and playing with feed strength..

Old way with soil was feed not problems and just top and bent as I felt like . mainlining you need to top at the right time and certain places. As you said alot of time needed

Latest posts

Top Bottom