Expert help needed ASAP!!! 33 days into Flower with Obama, Plat Skunk, plants doing funky stuff.

• Thread starter Grnlife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grnlife

Hello Fellow Farmers,

This is my first time growing and first time posting on here. I've been following and reading on this site for the last 7 months before starting my project. This community is so knowledgeable and I've learn a lot.

I have a little bit of a problem. I have 5 plants that's doing some funky stuff on me. Here are the strains that I'm growing: Obama, Plat Skunk, and Lambs Bread. Obama, Plat Skunk, and 2 out of 16 Lambs bread are 33 days since I flip to 12/12, and it looks like they're stretching and going into veg again since last week. The rest of the Lambs Bread are fine. I did have a problem with one of the light controller that went bad on me. Could that be the issue with the lights??? How can I save these plants, can these be saved? Should I still keep them through the cycle or chop them down? Since I got a new controller they've been on 12/12.

Here's my setup:

Ebb & Grow system
14K BTU AC
Dehumidfier
CO2 with controller
Full spectrum LED light system

Room temp is 79F
Co2 about 1200 ppm
RH 55%

Nutes: GH 3 stage, Calmag, h2O2, silica, and Sugar rush. PH fluctuate most of the time between 5.3-6.2, sometimes a little lower and sometime a little higher, ppm also fluctuate between 1100-1500. All the plants are looking healthy other than the stretching and not really flowering any more.

Expert help needed asap 33 days into flower with obama plat skunk plants doing funky stuff
Expert help needed asap 33 days into flower with obama plat skunk plants doing funky stuff 2
G

Grnlife

No, half of the lights went out because of the controller, and the other half stayed on. I've been a hawk on these plants and today it looks like more are starting to turn. Fml!!!!

My main concern is can these plants still be saved and how? Do I just let it go through the flowering cycle still? How long would it take for it bounce back to its groove?

north knect

north knect

hey ya it is def a rezsult of the lightin issue..iv had this issue outdoors..theu stretcched amd grew odd lookin leafs..they went bk to flower 2 weeks after and turned out just as good smoke as the ones thay wernt affected

IMG 20140601 134200
IMG 20140601 134244
north knect

north knect

hey ya it is def a rezsult of the lightin issue..iv had this issue outdoors..theu stretcched amd grew odd lookin leafs..they went bk to flower 2 weeks after and turned out just as good smoke as the ones thay wernt affected
i was freakin out lol..thought some freak accident pollenation happenin with ragweed or somthin lmao

G

Grnlife

NK - Did you do anything else to them or just let it finished on the same schedule? I can't afford to just cut all of them down. Too much time and money invested already. Thanks for all your help Guys! Any more advice to help save them would be helpful.

M

marihuana

Other than seeing what's going to happen if you kept them on a 12/12 those plants have already worked really hard on reverting back to get. If you don't have more plants lined up I'd say keep them in flower and just see what the trichomes do.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello Fellow Farmers,

This is my first time growing and first time posting on here. I've been following and reading on this site for the last 7 months before starting my project. This community is so knowledgeable and I've learn a lot.

I have a little bit of a problem. I have 5 plants that's doing some funky stuff on me. Here are the strains that I'm growing: Obama, Plat Skunk, and Lambs Bread. Obama, Plat Skunk, and 2 out of 16 Lambs bread are 33 days since I flip to 12/12, and it looks like they're stretching and going into veg again since last week. The rest of the Lambs Bread are fine. I did have a problem with one of the light controller that went bad on me. Could that be the issue with the lights??? How can I save these plants, can these be saved? Should I still keep them through the cycle or chop them down? Since I got a new controller they've been on 12/12.

Here's my setup:

Ebb & Grow system
14K BTU AC
Dehumidfier
CO2 with controller
Full spectrum LED light system

Room temp is 79F
Co2 about 1200 ppm
RH 55%

Nutes: GH 3 stage, Calmag, h2O2, silica, and Sugar rush. PH fluctuate most of the time between 5.3-6.2, sometimes a little lower and sometime a little higher, ppm also fluctuate between 1100-1500. All the plants are looking healthy other than the stretching and not really flowering any more.
From what I can see, these plants were never right to begin with, in terms of growth phase (vegetative vs regenerative). Were they growing well with 5+ lobes per leaf when flipped? If so, then I would indeed blame the lighting here. Each growth phase takes about two weeks to grow into and out of.

The progression is normal number of lobes, reduced to three, then singles, then back to triples, then back to normal. Since each phase takes two weeks, that's 2+2+2 = 6wks. When you're paying for electricity, that's a whole lotta wasted time.
No, half of the lights went out because of the controller, and the other half stayed on. I've been a hawk on these plants and today it looks like more are starting to turn. Fml!!!!

My main concern is can these plants still be saved and how? Do I just let it go through the flowering cycle still? How long would it take for it bounce back to its groove?
I'm with deacon on one of those girls, the.. the second pic I think it is, I think you'd be wasting your time trying to flower that girl out. And to reiterate, if the others are revegging at all, then it's going to take you a minimum of 6 weeks to get them through the whole thing.

Johnny Fire

Johnny Fire

Something put ur plants back to veg... its light for sure... plants are still good...... check timers and reset everything..... u can just keep flowering. . Or let ur plants veg for a bit to be able to get a better flowering cycle... good luck.. positive vibes ur way bro

G

Grnlife

Thank you for all your help everyone!

Seamaiden - I've read many of your post from other threads and I really appreciate your wealth of knowledge that you've provided. To your question about the lobes, yes they were doing find and everything was on the up until the lights controller went out. A few days after that the plants started to stretch and looking funky. I might just let it grow out and see what happens. I like to learn from this and see if it can be saved and how long it will take. If it takes 6 weeks, than let it be. This might be a dumb question but can I turn the lights off for 24 hrs and flip it again?will it trigger the plants to flower like before?

G

Grnlife

Thanks Johnny! Did you had this happen to you before? Did you just let it flower like on a normal cycle?

G

Grnlife

Thanks the clarifying Deacon. I never heard of that before, good to know the terminology. Can you clone a flower plant and have it grow out right? How long does that process take 6 weeks?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you for all your help everyone!

Seamaiden - I've read many of your post from other threads and I really appreciate your wealth of knowledge that you've provided. To your question about the lobes, yes they were doing find and everything was on the up until the lights controller went out. A few days after that the plants started to stretch and looking funky. I might just let it grow out and see what happens. I like to learn from this and see if it can be saved and how long it will take. If it takes 6 weeks, than let it be. This might be a dumb question but can I turn the lights off for 24 hrs and flip it again?will it trigger the plants to flower like before?
It should flip their hormonal switch, yes, along with putting them back on an appropriate schedule. However... they're already back on the schedule, IIRC, yes? So... you've lost some time in terms of flowering out. My own recommendation based on trying to flower out plants that have revegged like that is to get them revegged properly, trim them up in preparation to be fully flowered out, and then you'll be off to the races. However, if your preference is to go ahead and try to get them flowered out, consider it an educational experience. You'll get some bud, just not like what you would have gotten without that lighting issue.

G

Grnlife

Thanks for your feedback Seamaiden. It's weird but it only effected 4 maybe 5 plants out of the 23 that I have. Why is that you think? I have two light controllers in the room, only one went bad and the other was fine. The other one was on the same 12/12 schedule so there were still light in the room. Again the three strains that were effected are 2 Plat Skunk, 1 Obama, and 1 maybe 2 Lambs bread out of 20. Why the rest of the other Lambs bread are not effected I don't know. I'm still puzzled by this. I'm going to try and flower everything out on the same schedule. Today is day 39 since flipped.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think that's part of the differences to be noted among strains, as well as phenotypic differences--how likely or prone is it to flipping from veg to flower? How prone is it to going hermie?

That's really all I've got for ya.

G

Grnlife

Thanks for all your help Seamaiden! I did read about different stains and how they can react to different conditions. I'm going to keep doing my homework and read up on other threads on here to learn more. I love this community, everyone is so helpful! Thank you y'all for your input. Happy and safe growing!!!;)

G

Grnlife

Here's an updated pics at 42 days of 12/12 for the Lambs bread. I just recently discover a couple of the plants have mites on it. Can I still use bug bomb this far into flower? I've been using the 3 stage bug bomb before flower and once 1 week into flower. I've read that you can only use it up to 2 weeks into flower. Is that correct? Are there any other options for me to get rid of the bug safely without causing harm to the plants?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't use something like a bug bomb, but that's a "never" thing with me. I use a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water, which can be used up til the very moment of harvest. 1:1 iso:water, sprayed every three days. Get the undersides of the leaves, the edges of the pot, etc. You want to be thorough. Don't saturate the soil with it, but getting some onto the soil is fine.

Top Bottom