Experts Please Help, my job is on the line...

• Thread starter NorCali215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NorCali215

Okay, so my boss has laid me off because the warehouse I manage and another one of his warehouses that I have nothing to do with came down with a serious plant illness and we can't figure out - There is still an opportunity to get my job back, right now I'm working for free trying to figure out how to heal the plants. It's really nothing I did (I don't think), and if it is someone please tell me. I will attach some pictures. This "disease" started with a few plants (a particular strain we brought into our grow room). Then it seemed to spread onto another strain, then another strain, until eventually my entire grow room was infected. This entire time I Was trying different things, I Was trying uping the Magnesium if our nutrients, I just started trying flushing out with epsom salt water. I've looked under a microscope for bugs I don't see any. The weird part, is my warehouse uses a drip system with groban 8x8 cubes, and the other infected warehouse uses a flood and drain vital system which is completely different with organic nutrients. My original thought was that this was a contagious disease, but my boss didn't believe me, now they are started to wonder if my original intuition was correct. We are stumped, and my boss has been doing this for a long time, SOMEONE SAVE MY LIVELIHOOD!!!! Symptoms are... Curly leaves, lime colered tops, stunted growth, weird flowering patterns, purpleish stems....

Experts please help my job is on the line
Experts please help my job is on the line 2
Experts please help my job is on the line 3
Experts please help my job is on the line 4
Experts please help my job is on the line 5
Experts please help my job is on the line 6
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no bugs on the grodan?

could be root aphids

some of your leaves look like what I just had - russett mites - very tiny - need a 100x scope to see them - check the affected leaves carefully underneath

and check the cubes carefully for aphids - very small but these can be seen with the naked eye

cannabeans

cannabeans

no quarantine????

This "disease" started with a few plants (a particular strain we brought into our grow room).

sounds to me like you, or whoever brought those plants didnt give them enough quarantine time and they were infected with bugs. i would agree with motherlode that is probably hemp russet mites.

live and learn.....

J

juggo

we assume the boss quarantined the new plants? with all his experience and all...

O

Organicyumyum

check your medium for root aphids. ive been growing 10 years and never had them. i couldn't figure out what was going wrong for a whole cycle, just figured it out the other day thanks to the help of a few people on the farm. if they are root aphids, you will need a product called Met52 which is a fungus that destroys soil dwelling pests.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
check your medium for root aphids. ive been growing 10 years and never had them. i couldn't figure out what was going wrong for a whole cycle, just figured it out the other day thanks to the help of a few people on the farm. if they are root aphids, you will need a product called Met52 which is a fungus that destroys soil dwelling pests.

problem is they are using grodan cubes - no way to mix that into the medium

capulator has been doing some interesting testing with benes that seems to be doing great work knocking down the RA

opt1c

opt1c

merit75wp water soluble and works in every medium; one application will kill all gnats and root aphids in the medium for a month systemically; use during flower accordingly

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
merit75wp water soluble and works in every medium; one application will kill all gnats and root aphids in the medium for a month systemically; use during flower accordingly

that shit may kill for only a month systemically but it has a half life that suggests you should NEVER use it in flower

TortureKill

TortureKill

Ive heard of these russet mites. They seem to have come from nowhere, and theyre popping up in grow rooms all over. From what Ive read, they are resistant to most pesticides, and suffer no known biocontrol predators or parasites.. Signs of infection by plants is leaf curling and russeting of the leaves. Good luck, I hope this isnt what your dealing with, but it could very well be.

This is exactly why I no longer take in outside cuttings or plants.
Stay on your toes..

opt1c

opt1c

that shit may kill for only a month systemically but it has a half life that suggests you should NEVER use it in flower

yeah; that's what i meant; you can use it at flip though... the interesting thing about the half life is that it appears to only be an issue in soil as its harbored in the soil medium but its half life seems to be way shorter in the absence of soil and in hydroponic mediums according to the studies i've read

mack 10

mack 10

if there are no bugs, look v carefull ( i have heard of the evil russet mite, makes me shudder) it could be a virus. are your mother's in the same location? are they showing the same symtoms? Put a clean clone next to an infected plant and see if it spreads. Good luck. Mack.

M

MTM

Thats bugs guys,you will find something liveing on those plants....

Top Bottom