Explain multiple runs,,

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

When you do multiple runs of bho.. Do you pull the plant matter out of the tube and refill it and shoot more butane thru the same material? Is that the concept? Newbie here trying to figure this out,

socalpunx

socalpunx

you put new material in a tube run butane thru it and then throw that material away,fill the tube with new material and repeat process

mikeb437

mikeb437

Ok,, for some reason i thought people were repacking the tube with the same material to mix it up a bit to get more oil out of another run. It didnt make sence to me and thats why i asked. Thanks man!

boildatoil

boildatoil

no your impression was right. I do that to maximise yield on small batches. just blow the first time in a pyrex dish, unpack the tube let it dry for 30sec /1min and repack the same material then blow it with a lot less butane then the first time in another dish. put them in the vac but don't mix the 2 since the quality will be different. i usually give away the second batch to friends or have a big ass session with it :p HAVE fun!

Graywolf

Graywolf

When we run open columns, we dump the column and then repack it for a second extraction. As noted by BT, we don't mix that extraction with the first.

What we may mix with the first, is another column load of the first run on the same lot of material. After running all the first runs into one dish, we change dishes and collect all the second run in the second dish.

mr roboto

mr roboto

Yes you can to maximize your yield if using straight nugs, not so much for trim though. You can also blend your 2nd run nugs in a small blender and repack into tube

Top Bottom