Exploding Roots in COCO

• Thread starter dankemhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Hey there... What is Mills?
Mills is a nutrient line made in Holland I believe. Millsnutrients.com
Solid line. No additives needed. Just use a tea weekly and foliar feed and your plants will thank u. I suggest using ogbiowar foliar and root packs for tea. Go to ogbiowar website they have a tea recipe. Tea needs to be diluted 10:1 in your res and you can use the tea as a foliar feed at full strength

Iamhorse

Iamhorse

Dankemhunter,

Can you provide a bit more guidance on the usage of mills, and the tea additive you provide as well? Do you reduce the mills when applying the tea? What in your experience is the additional benefit to providing the tea versus straight mills?

I'm a past overgrow member who's trying to get back in the game...

Thanks

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Quite honestly @Iamhorse I am new to Coco and using the Tea. But As for applying them, I am applying tea on the weekend (once) and mills in between. Tea recipe is on OGBIOWAR website. It consists of 2 ounces of mollasses, 2 ounces of foliar pack, 2 ounces of root pack, and a cup and a half of humus or EWC per 4 gallons. The website suggests aerating for 2-8 hours. Let sit for 30 minutes because there will be a bunch of sediment that will settle. I aerate 4 gallons in a 5 gal and when I pull my airstone I will add in the extra gallon of RO. Then pour a cups worth (8oz) at the crown of each plant for direct root contact. (5gallons X 128ounces/gallon = 640 ounces/5gallon, 640 / 72plants = 8.888 ounces per plant). 8oz will last for 72 plants and is all that is really needed. Some people saturate their soil. This will use much more product. I am doing this every other week. On the in between week I am giving them a tea that consists of molasses, humus, and great white (to save a little money). Now as for mills, I have not gone past 6ml per gallon AB and 4ml per gallon R in veg. It comes out around ~1.2 EC. For first week after I transplant from rooted clone, I will only use 3ml AB 2ml R. I like to throw in some Roots Excelulator and Sea Green with my mills. But... Don't mix those products in if youre going to have your reservoir sit for a couple days. If you do, you will have to adjust your pH because from my own expierience, when I add additives to mills, the pH likes to swing from 5.8 to 6.5 the next day and then 7.5 the next. Don't let your Mills constantly aerate too. I put my airstone on a timer. Turns on for 15 minutes like 5 times a day, just to keep shit from settling. If you run your airstone too long, it will swing your pH, I think because it evaporates water molecules and leaves behind nutrients (Correct me if I'm wrong). Besides that, I like to flush my plants with 200-300ppm 20-40% runoff once every other week.

Last edited:
Iamhorse

Iamhorse

Quite honestly @Iamhorse I am new to Coco and using the Tea. But As for applying them, I am applying tea on the weekend (once) and mills in between. Tea recipe is on OGBIOWAR website. It consists of 2 ounces of mollasses, 2 ounces of foliar pack, 2 ounces of root pack, and a cup and a half of humus or EWC per 4 gallons. The website suggests aerating for 2-8 hours. Let sit for 30 minutes because there will be a bunch of sediment that will settle. I aerate 4 gallons in a 5 gal and when I pull my airstone I will add in the extra gallon of RO. Then pour a cups worth (8oz) at the crown of each plant for direct root contact. (5gallons X 128ounces/gallon = 640 ounces/5gallon, 640 / 72plants = 8.888 ounces per plant). 8oz will last for 72 plants and is all that is really needed. Some people saturate their soil. This will use much more product. I am doing this every other week. On the in between week I am giving them a tea that consists of molasses, humus, and great white (to save a little money). Now as for mills, I have not gone past 6ml per gallon AB and 4ml per gallon R in veg. It comes out around ~1.2 EC. For first week after I transplant from rooted clone, I will only use 3ml AB 2ml R. I like to throw in some Roots Excelulator and Sea Green with my mills. But... Don't mix those products in if youre going to have your reservoir sit for a couple days. If you do, you will have to adjust your pH because from my own expierience, when I add additives to mills, the pH likes to swing from 5.8 to 6.5 the next day and then 7.5 the next. Don't let your Mills constantly aerate too. I put my airstone on a timer. Turns on for 15 minutes like 5 times a day, just to keep shit from settling. If you run your airstone too long, it will swing your pH, I think because it evaporates water molecules and leaves behind nutrients (Correct me if I'm wrong). Besides that, I like to flush my plants with 200-300ppm 20-40% runoff once every other week.

Thanks for the info dankemhunter.

TooDope1904

TooDope1904

Nice roots, I always let my coco dry out and feed. I use tea with every feeding in soil. For coco I do feed, feed, tea.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Yep I have learned to let the coco dry out a couple times after transplant, and use tea shortly after transplant. Then once I start to see roots I will water after the top layer starts to dry out a little, not the whole pot. Tea once a week. Then once flower rolls around I will start multi feeding a day

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Roots in coco no boosters

Top Bottom