exposed roots,need advice

• Thread starter Lordly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lordly

Lordly

hello guys,im in 4th day of flowering,i was watering today and i saw that some roots are popping up from top of the soil. should i leave them alone or cover with extra soil? i have leftover soil from previous grow(dry af and dusty).
p.s. i cannot take pictures

Lordly

Lordly

too many roots are exposed,i cannot wait till friday to get new soil,should i just topdress with previous grow coco leftovers? should i damp coco before top-dress,or top-dress and then water?

mancorn

mancorn

I would not cover the stem crown with dirt at this point. It's not uncommon for the root ball to complete fill a small pot and you'll see the top roots. They'll just air prune and no big deal. The forest uses old soil all the time, so it's not bad. At the same time if you had any disease problems in your previous grow, it can certainly live in the old soil.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would not cover the stem crown with dirt at this point. It's not uncommon for the root ball to complete fill a small pot and you'll see the top roots. They'll just air prune and no big deal. The forest used old soil all the time, so it's not bad. At the same time if you had any disease problems in your previous grow, it can certainly live in the old soil.
I agree a little air pruning is not a big deal. Scratch up the surface a bit and adding a little more when ya can is fine but you don't need to bury the stem any deeper

Lordly

Lordly

I think your ok till Friday. Just try to scratch up some of the existing soil to cover them.
I would not cover the stem crown with dirt at this point. It's not uncommon for the root ball to complete fill a small pot and you'll see the top roots. They'll just air prune and no big deal. The forest uses old soil all the time, so it's not bad. At the same time if you had any disease problems in your previous grow, it can certainly live in the old soil.
thank you 💚💜

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This was something I used to care about until I had a huge room full of hundreds of plants.. then I stopped trying to keep roots buried. Made no difference at all that I could tell.

Lordly

Lordly

This was something I used to care about until I had a huge room full of hundreds of plants.. then I stopped trying to keep roots buried. Made no difference at all that I could tell.
i agree,i watched videos on youtube and many of growers are not covering it,but i still want to do this for peace of mind 😂 when ill have hundreds of plants maybe i would not care about it either 😂😂 thanks for info, happy growing 💚💜

Latest posts

Top Bottom