Exposing GMOs

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

The labeling of GMO is misleading to the public. We're better off with GMO labeling than without it....

copy and paste
You won't believe what Monsanto is doing now.
Last month, Vermont passed the first-ever law requiring labeling of genetically engineered foods in the U.S. And Monsanto just announced they're suing the state of Vermont to stop the law from ever going into effect.1

This fight is crucial for the whole country, not just Vermont, because dozens of other states are poised to require labeling too—they just want someone else to go first because of the inevitable legal fight.2

And that's why Monsanto is going to war to stop Vermont dead in its tracks.

A small, rural state like Vermont doesn't have the budget for a long, drawn-out legal fight against a multinational giant like Monsanto. So they've created a legal defense fund where people can donate to help defend the law in court.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Fuck monsanto,im tired of all these big corporations who put money before all else.

Reaper

Reaper

One small thing to consider and seldom mentioned in the widely accepted hatred of GMO's...

The term genetically modified organism (GMO) means an organism in which the genetic material has been altered in a way that does not occur naturally through fertilisation and/or natural recombination.

Gene therapy is the introduction of a normal gene into an individual’s genome in order to repair a mutation that causes a genetic disease. When a normal gene is inserted into a mutant nucleus, it most likely will integrate into a chromosomal site different from the defective allele; although this may repair the mutation, a new mutation may result if the normal gene integrates into another functional gene. If the normal gene replaces the mutant allele, there is a chance that the transformed cells will proliferate and produce enough normal gene product for the entire body to be restored to the undiseased phenotype...

Ever hear of the Miracle Cures that revolve around Stem Cell Research?

F.Y.I. In basic terms, Across the board Banning of GMO's in essence reduces the chance of curing genetic disease such as Cancer, Hyper Tension, Multiple Sclerosis, Down Syndrome etc... Take your pick, To "Zero"

Last edited:
Disguised

Disguised

Modern alternative mamma? The writer is barely qualified to blog, much less blog about this topic.

Disguised

Disguised

Fuck monsanto,im tired of all these big corporations who put money before all else.

Well for one thing Monsanto is hardly the only company involved with GMOs, but they are certainly always the first company mentioned on the stoner forums.

Nobody ever mentions the millions upon millions of dollars they give away every year though. For a greedy company that puts money before all else, they are quite the philanthropists.

The truth is nobody likes GMOs, but we face a huge problem. Our population is growing exponentially. In a few short decades we are going to be in serious trouble trying to feed ourselves, and organic soil is not going to get it done.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I agree monsanto is just the face of gmo,i recently learned from linos post there is an even bigger conglomerate.I dont think charitable giving so that you can in turn take a huge tax write off against your tax debt qualifies you for any kind of accolades though,if you know anything about corporate taxes you know that by giving away X amount sometimes you can reduce your AGI enough to save XX amount,they are surely no saints and profit is their main motivation not the milk of human kindness.
I am not even against GMO's,if thats what you want or have to eat go for it,what i am against is the fact that it SHOULD be clearly labeled as being GMO so that people can make an informed choice and i think its ludicrous that monsanto thinks they own plants and goes around suing/bullying small farmers and even states and countries claiming ownership of something that has been around for eons.Its the same as if i claimed i owned a certain strain of MJ and then i went around pollinating everyone elses with it then turned around and sued every other grower whose plants contained those genes,Monsanto is a bully plain and simple.
If its so good for you and for the world why do they spend 100s of millions putting down states efforts just to label it as GMO?They should be proud of it not trying to cover it up.

Last edited:
Disguised

Disguised

I agree monsanto is just the face of gmo,i recently learned from linos post there is an even bigger conglomerate.I dont think charitable giving so that you can in turn take a huge tax write off against your tax debt qualifies you for any kind of accolades though,if you know anything about corporate taxes you know that by giving away X amount sometimes you can reduce your AGI enough to save XX amount,they are surely no saints and profit is their main motivation not the milk of human kindness.

Well I am from St. Louis, home of Monsanto, and I have seen the positive impact that their charitable donations have had on our community. Whether or not they got a tax write off for doing so doesn't really take away from that for me. They have done great things here. That doesn't mean that I agree with their business practices though. Just to be clear.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Well it should concern you that corporations get out of paying their fair share of taxes using loopholes because you and I then end up paying their share,plain and simple.

Disguised

Disguised

Well it should concern you that corporations get out of paying their fair share of taxes using loopholes because you and I then end up paying their share,plain and simple.

That's really a problem with our government giving companies incentives to keep jobs here. The company would be stupid not to take advantage of every opportunity to save money that the government provides. Honestly though it's not like Monsanto is hurting for money. I am sure they pay every penny that is required of them in all 50 states. But yeah I agree that companies get away with too much. That has been a hot topic in recent years.

K

kolah

yeah ...and not to mention how much money Monsatans steal from sueing farmers after their shitty GMO's crops cross pollinate into the local farmers fields. And the pricks base their lawsuit by saying that local farmers stole their patented seeds.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I agree it is a problem within our government,The corporations and there hired gun lobbyists showering politicians with gifts,money and donations are at the root of this problem.I personally do not beleive everything monsanto does is bad,Im sure they are probably responsible for some wonderful stuff also.
Kolah,according to monsanto they NEVER sue anyone for that which we all know is NOT true,their own website is a sea of contradiction.

K

kolah

Well I am from St. Louis, home of Monsanto, and I have seen the positive impact that their charitable donations have had on our community. Whether or not they got a tax write off for doing so doesn't really take away from that for me. They have done great things here. That doesn't mean that I agree with their business practices though. Just to be clear.

They've done some real great things, yeah, right... like create Agent Orange and destroyed thousands of Vietnam vets health, created pesticides that are wiping out the bee population and they continue to eradicate the Rain Forests. And how about good ol' Round-Up which is making humans sterile? While they may throw you a dogbone or two for being set up in St Louis they don't give a rats ass about the destruction they do on a global basis.

And the problem with our government is that Monsanto owns them. A plain and simple fact.

Disguised

Disguised

They've done some real great things, yeah, right... like create Agent Orange and destroyed thousands of Vietnam vets health, created pesticides that are wiping out the bee population and they continue to eradicate the Rain Forests. And how about good ol' Round-Up which is making humans sterile? While they may throw you a dogbone or two for being set up in St Louis they don't give a rats ass about the destruction they do on a global basis.

And the problem with our government is that Monsanto owns them. A plain and simple fact.

Please read the next sentence in the post you quoted where I said I don't agree with their business practices. I'm just pointing out that they actually do some good from time to time. It's funny how other evil companies are so loved though. Like Apple for example. People will line up days in advance to buy that next iPhone. And Apple has more money than the United States government - http://www.businessinsider.com/factory-dorms-where-workers-on-apples-iphone-5c-sleep-2013-9?op=1

Cort

Cort

Please read the next sentence in the post you quoted where I said I don't agree with their business practices. I'm just pointing out that they actually do some good from time to time. It's funny how other evil companies are so loved though. Like Apple for example. People will line up days in advance to buy that next iPhone. And Apple has more money than the United States government - http://www.businessinsider.com/factory-dorms-where-workers-on-apples-iphone-5c-sleep-2013-9?op=1
Thats not hard. Keeping in mind we have over 17 trillion in debt, I have more money than the US Government.

lino

lino

Monsanto is no different the Xcel energy of Colo or any company that sell us something dirty that kills us and we buy it... crazy huh? And I have developed a way to get rid us of Excel Energy and produce electricity FREE and clean, its hard to believe but its true, you dont need a penny. hard to believe. Shown a large green house my electrical tricks this week. We dont like the truth even if it is better for our health and even if it is Cheaper or Free, we will still kill ourselves with dirty shit that we eat and BREATH,,, you are GMO'd with ACID GAS in much the same way a scientist enzymes corn to GMO. the utility companies feed you enzymes water in your rivers and soak you with acid steam just like the procedures to GMO veggy's and the insane part is we pay for it.
Utility8

Acid steam,,, 1st step to GMO is soak the embroy's in Acid. Hummmm

Utility7

2nd step is to feed the steamed embryo enzymes... More head scratching

Utilty4

How to produce the full range in enzymes ,,, have your sewage plant on the opposite side of the river dumping into s platte.

so we pay to get GMO'd with Monsanto's Veggy's and Coal Utility Co electricty....

Sad that we humans would not exist as we know it without these evil empires as they create jobs, medicine and supply the world with food causing the advancement of mankind, but a what cost?. Organic heirlooms growing on the river banks are not going to support the worlds food supply.... Hence Monsanto....

Last edited:
Reaper

Reaper

[quote="lino, post: 1273001, member: 6023
Sad that we humans would not exist as we know it without these evil empires as they create jobs, medicine and supply the world with food causing the advancement of mankind, but a what cost?. Organic heirlooms growing on the river banks are not going to support the worlds food supply.... Hence Monsanto....[/quote]

Look on the "Bright Side" bro... At least we have the E.P.A. watching our backs right ;)

EPA employees asked to stop pooping in hallway.
By Alexandra Petri June 25 at 7:24 PM

Confounded by what to make of this occurrence, EPA management “consulted” with workplace violence “national expert” John Nicoletti, who said that hallway feces is in fact a health and safety risk. He added the behavior was “very dangerous” and the individuals responsible would “probably escalate” their actions.

“Management is taking this situation very seriously and will take whatever actions are necessary to identify and prosecute these individuals,” Howard Cantor wrote. He asked for any employees with knowledge of the poop bandit or bandits to notify their supervisor.

They consulted with A Workplace Violence Expert? :woot: “That’s where the REAL GOVERNMENT WASTE IS!” to quote dozens of radio hosts somewhere right now...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

[quote="lino, post: 1273001, member: 6023
Sad that we humans would not exist as we know it without these evil empires as they create jobs, medicine and supply the world with food causing the advancement of mankind, but a what cost?. Organic heirlooms growing on the river banks are not going to support the worlds food supply.... Hence Monsanto....

Look on the "Bright Side" bro... At least we have the E.P.A. watching our backs right ;)

EPA employees asked to stop pooping in hallway.
By Alexandra Petri June 25 at 7:24 PM

Confounded by what to make of this occurrence, EPA management “consulted” with workplace violence “national expert” John Nicoletti, who said that hallway feces is in fact a health and safety risk. He added the behavior was “very dangerous” and the individuals responsible would “probably escalate” their actions.

“Management is taking this situation very seriously and will take whatever actions are necessary to identify and prosecute these individuals,” Howard Cantor wrote. He asked for any employees with knowledge of the poop bandit or bandits to notify their supervisor.

They consulted with A Workplace Violence Expert? :woot: “That’s where the REAL GOVERNMENT WASTE IS!” to quote dozens of radio hosts somewhere right now...[/quote]
Peaceful protest at its best!

Top Bottom