Extraction Guides For Vape/e-juice Thc Conc?

• Thread starter tanan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

I was not able to get VG to mix with PG at all either. Even as low as 10% VG. I make my own e-cig nicotine juice and have for many years so this was not new to me. I also wasted about 1g of BHO (bought). Now I use pressed rosin and pure PG. Heat the PG to 140-160 in a double boiler and let the rosin melt. Stir for a few minutes until its uniform and then inject into CCELL brand carts. I've had great results doing it this way.
Could you please let us know what your proportions are?
How much rosin can you dissolve in how much PG. (and I'm assuming that PG = PEG 200, or some other molecular weight)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
PG is propolene glycol not PEG 400. I did just order some PEG400 to give it a try. I will dilute some with PG and given it a whirl later this week. I use right now about 1gram of rosin to about 1ml of PG. I have tried less rosin but it wasn’t quite as good. This creates a fairly thick liquid that the CCELL carts seem to love.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
. . . Heat the PG to 140-160 in a double boiler and let the rosin melt. Stir for a few minutes until its uniform and then inject into CCELL brand carts. I've had great results doing it this way.

Ditto! I have found that if you mix no more than 10% of VG with the PEG 400 it will mix well at the 140-180 degree range using the double boiler method as well. I usually keep it at just below 180 for three minutes and the entire time I draw it in and out of a syringe w/blunt needle to maximize contact.

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ditto! I have found that if you mix no more than 10% of VG with the PEG 400 it will mix well at the 140-180 degree range using the double boiler method as well. I usually keep it at just below 180 for three minutes and the entire time I draw it in and out of a syringe w/blunt needle to maximize contact.

I’ve heard the VG will mix better with PEG 400 than PG. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet so I’ll post my results when I get a chance. But I’m optimistic as I’ve heard others having good results with that mix.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I’ve heard the VG will mix better with PEG 400 than PG. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet so I’ll post my results when I get a chance. But I’m optimistic as I’ve heard others having good results with that mix.
I've used straight PG and heated in simmering water while mixing in my canna-oil alchohol extract, seemed to stay in suspension ok so far.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah that’s what I’ve done as well and it seems to work just fine. I figured I’d mess around with PEG 400 to see if it’s any better. So far my tests have shown it’s really 6 in one hand and half dozen in the other.

I’ve heard PEG400 allows for more VG to be used but I’m afraid to try it. Had a bad experience with VG a couple batches ago.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yeah that’s what I’ve done as well and it seems to work just fine. I figured I’d mess around with PEG 400 to see if it’s any better. So far my tests have shown it’s really 6 in one hand and half dozen in the other.

I’ve heard PEG400 allows for more VG to be used but I’m afraid to try it. Had a bad experience with VG a couple batches ago.

I use no more than 5 mil per 20 mil of PEG400. Sometimes none at all. I usually use it to cool down the mix if it is a bit harsh on the throat. If I dose the batch, I do it at the same time I add the PEG400 to the shot glass in the double boiler so that we get maximum molecule contact when repeatedly drawn into the syringe. I have never had it separate. If I am adjusting a pen cartridge then it is a total crap shoot and very much a personal preference. It mixes much easier in the individual tip during use.

S

stemznseedz

ccell carts are the best at this time to use.
add just enough heat to get things moving and add a few drops of peg 400 at a time stiring until you get a consistency you can suck up and dispense from a blunt tip syringe. it only takes a few drops so don't go squirting it in. More peg 400 just weakens the cart and the c cells operate fine with thick stuff.

vg does not work
pg does not work (at least not out the bottle)
PEG 400 WILL work.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
PG works just fine not sure why you have had issues. I tried PEG400 and it was really harsh so I quit using that. Just straight PG for me. I’ve heard you can mix PEG400 with VG but I’m not going to mess with it. Pg works fine for me.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

PG works just fine not sure why you have had issues. I tried PEG400 and it was really harsh so I quit using that. Just straight PG for me. I’ve heard you can mix PEG400 with VG but I’m not going to mess with it. Pg works fine for me.
Works fine for me too, I just heat the PG and the oil together for 30 minutes.

S

stemznseedz

how many carts are you pg guys making at once? How long does the cart last before it's empty? It's not that you can't temporarily suspend wax in pg it's just that it has a short shelf life it will separate fast

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve got several carts I made two months ago that are still just fine. I made them for a buddy of mine. I normally make them in small batches and they get used fairly quickly but these I’ve been holding on to since late June. Just checked them yesterday in fact. Guess I got lucky.

Top Bottom