extraction tube covered after blast

• Thread starter dirtbag916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dirtbag916

I have a 60g xtraction tube that i have been semi dense packing with trim and popcorn, broken down but not powdered. i can usually get between 30 and 38 grams in it depending on how hard i pack it, havent tried to pack it as tight as possible to see how much will fit. After blasting with about 1 1/2 cans and then emptying tube, i notice the walls of the tube COVERED in a heavy film of what looks kind of like keif and i assume to be trichs that did not make it out of the tube. Has anyone noticed this and know what it is and if it IS trichs then how do I change my methods to get those out of the tube and into the oil next time - to maximize QUALITY yield. Not just proteins and chloros. All help is appreciated thanks!

OGONLY

OGONLY

Those are trichs that stuck to the wall of your extractor. Not much you can do to avoid it as far as I know. The resin layer will continue to build after repeated extractions until you clean your extractor.

If desperate to maximize your potential thc recovery you could do an ISO bath on your extractor and evaporate the recovered ISO to recover the crystals.

Myco

Myco

You may want to try to pack your material a little more consitently/evenly and maybe even a little tighter... but not too tight obviously. I noticed in my early days of blasting when I wasn't packing my tube properly, I'd end up with a lot of what you described.

Never knew they could be empty shells as what @Dunge mentioned. Interesting...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Whats actually stuck to the wall is negligible at best..After a few ounces just wash the tube and filter with iso and save for future uses..

Or just re run the material again once its dried.. 2nd runs not gonna be as good as the first tho. And not really worth the extra tane.. But yeah just wash with iso :D

Dbd143

Dbd143

i usually do 28g tube with one can i get the leftovers in the tube sometimes but i do a secondary wash of the buds with iso after the blast so i clean my tube and use that iso to wash the blasted bud for its second run

D

dirtbag916

upon magnification i see that its mainly trich STALKS with no resin heads so they appear to be empty shells just like @Dunge said - thanks for the input guys

Top Bottom