Extraction Tube

• Thread starter SkyHi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FreshSteppin

ya I find that highly unlikely unless your runnin it under hot water or somethin.

I use glass all the time and have a 112 g tube that has ran lb after lb. never even heard of this problem and i know alot of people that spray tane

Graywolf

Graywolf

you say you have broken glass basters before? was it during the blast? What happened. I have been blasting for a little over a year now and have only used glass twice.

We have our own tubes made out of heavy walled borosilicate tubing (Pyrex), and when we first started making them, I broke four tubes at the injection nozzle, because of the embrittling effects of the R-600 butane refrigerant chilling of the glass.

We changed the injection end design to maintain uniform thickness and a full radius on the closing end, so as to more evenly distribute expansion and contraction stresses.

When the glass is embrittled by temperature, it doesn't take much of a wiggle at the injection port to flake off a piece of the glass, unless the injection port is designed to minimize effect.

A stainless turkey baster doesn't suffer from the same pitfalls, so you might check it out. If you are willing to keep it free of oxidation, copper also works well without breaking.

I use all three. Hee, hee, hee............

B

Buddy Hemphill

We have our own tubes made out of heavy walled borosilicate tubing (Pyrex), and when we first started making them, I broke four tubes at the injection nozzle, because of the embrittling effects of the R-600 butane refrigerant chilling of the glass.

We changed the injection end design to maintain uniform thickness and a full radius on the closing end, so as to more evenly distribute expansion and contraction stresses.

When the glass is embrittled by temperature, it doesn't take much of a wiggle at the injection port to flake off a piece of the glass, unless the injection port is designed to minimize effect.

A stainless turkey baster doesn't suffer from the same pitfalls, so you might check it out. If you are willing to keep it free of oxidation, copper also works well without breaking.

Second to improper annealing, uneven wall thickness is the biggest weak point in homeade glass stuff.

The one I bought is thin, but was made for high temp applications. So far so good. Half dozen runs or so....cant remember....lol

It was 4 bucks...I pay $65 for a case of vector...:thinking:mad0229:

If it busts... it ok. I bought 6 of them...:winking0067:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
turkey baster

where do you get a case of vector for 65$

mal

R

redhotTI

all of mine cracked at the top where you spray the tane. enough of that never had a problem with SS basters

case of colibri for 72$ ~ here

Graywolf

Graywolf

Second to improper annealing, uneven wall thickness is the biggest weak point in homeade glass stuff.

The one I bought is thin, but was made for high temp applications. So far so good. Half dozen runs or so....cant remember....lol

It was 4 bucks...I pay $65 for a case of vector...:thinking:mad0229:

If it busts... it ok. I bought 6 of them...:winking0067:

Good point on annealing bro! Thanks for reminding me to point that out!

We now use a scientific glass blower for our personal toys, because we can at a reasonable price, so I tend to forget about nuiances.

In point of fact, the first tubes from a local well intended artsy fartsy glass shop were not annealed and were problematic, though I only bought one myself.

It cost me about $5 to fix it and anneal it later and was a good heads up.

Metal tubes don't suffer from the same sorts of problems, though some have issues of their own and you can't watch the process as completely.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i took me awhile to find understandable instructions to program my kiln, but i have had improperly annealed tubes last over a year b4. the odd one does snap at the top for me but typically usually from sideways pressure when using, when very cold is when it can happen. its rare but happens once in a blue moon.

M

magicninja5

is there anywhere online I can order a LARGE glass tube setup? i heard they are out there, with a stand as well. this is glass, not the okief stainless. Thanks for the help to anyone who can

J

januaryfirst

If you are willing to keep it free of oxidation, copper also works well without breaking.

What do you mean free of oxidation? How do you get around that problem?

Graywolf

Graywolf

What do you mean free of oxidation? How do you get around that problem?

Keep the copper shinny and free of green oxidation.

I just keep it dry and periodically polish it with small mesh steel wool to cleanse the surfaces.

J

januaryfirst

I thought that you were talking about stainless steel. Thanks for the info!

M

mrdizzle

Hey all I live in BC and developed a kick ass stainless extraction tube.I have receiver very good feedback as it is the third design so I have started to sell them and am doing quite good.
Not made with parts from hardware stores. never need to replace anything but butane. comes with screens. Unique designed for best end product.
email [email protected] for more pics or questions, check out the site posted above
thanks

pretty solid looking tube right here

OGONLY

OGONLY

Just picked up stainless steel turkey baster on Amazon. It was 12 or $14 before shipping. They had glass ones for $9.

B

Buddy Flowers

so what do you do with the baster? does vector nozzle fit right on there or does one need to make something? what do you use for a filter?

OGONLY

OGONLY

so what do you do with the baster? does vector nozzle fit right on there or does one need to make something? what do you use for a filter?

Fill it with fine trim, buds or the like.

One of the Vector nozzles fits.

1 or 2 coffee filters works. Some people use a screen. Some use a coffee filter and a screen. You can secure the screen using a hose clamp.

I've never done it. I've studied it for a couple of hours and know what I need to know though. Theres a good tutorial by Hashmastakut under Hashish on forums. Read it before you do anything cause this can be very dangerous.

Got plenty of material to play with. Just waiting for my baster. :)

coreymillia

coreymillia

i had an old separatory funnel laying around and it only took about 1 min to modify as is. I cut the thing that stuck out of the top of the stopcock and made a small hole in it big enough to fit a can of vector. Thats it, grind up the bud and fill it up, holds almost 2 oz. Ive only used it a couple times, blasted the can in there pretty quick, next time im gonna try to go a little slower but you can adjust the flow with the pin so the butane slows down going thru. the pressure never blew the stopcock out the top, but i do not stick my face over it.

Bho 009
sdog

sdog

DIY 7 buck tube

Nice glass piece coreymillia.
Ok so here is my tube I call the "pipe bomb" cause its small and looks like one lol. I have made some out of glass but after awhile they tend to crack. This one I made out of a galvanized steel pipe with a heavy duty plastic cap, it literally cost me 7 bucks out the door. throw a couple filters at the tip and your good to go with hundreds of rounds with no prob. we all know Vector works best with our divices

The tube 003

The tube 004

Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra

That looks like galvanized steel, won't the butane leach off that?

Top Bottom