Extremely resistant spider mite help

• Thread starter F.Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I'm thinking that it is broad mites. I'm sending some leaf samples in to an entomologist to confirm.

DO NOT EVER BUY CLONES ON DISCORD FROM A DUDE NAMED PNWSTRAINHUNTER, OR A DUDE NAMED AUDI. They both knowingly send you bugs. Audi is even a thief who will call you a liar and a scammer after he seems you thrips, aphids, and mites. All on one cut.

And I highly doubt that the cuts are even the strains he says they are.
And always have a quarantine space away from the big op for stuff you get from outside even if it's a clone from a friend that looks clean, a 2x2x2feet tent with a compact 45w twister CFL is enough to prevent a big loss and painful headache. Worth every penny and it saved my girls many times over the years.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

And always have a quarantine space away from the big op for stuff you get from outside even if it's a clone from a friend that looks clean, a 2x2x2feet tent with a compact 45w twister CFL is enough to prevent a big loss and painful headache. Worth every penny and it saved my girls many times over the years.

I thought a 5-minute sulfur dunk, followed by an immediate spinosad dunk would take care of any issues. It didn't take care of any of the issues.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Eagle 20 is fungicide with 245 day half life and banned in many states for cannabis - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myclobutanil
Exactly my point, dude was killing himself, literally. He was sleeping in his grow rooms, too, so he was exposed to that shit 24/7. I started to notice a difference in his behavior so I came by and sprayed his plants for him with the Grow Safe.
Are you affiliated with AgroMagen?
No as I've stated many times before, I just found this stuff a couple of years ago, and it works so well I've been telling everyone about it. I'm a huge fan of Garden Safe brand Neem Oil Extract (does not contain azadirachtin like other neem oils, and works very well), but found this stuff and decided to give it a try since it's organic. I was blown away at how well it works, and it doesn't burn like neem oil. I'm just a former underground weed grower turned small "mom & pop" hemp farmer.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

Exactly my point, dude was killing himself, literally. He was sleeping in his grow rooms, too, so he was exposed to that shit 24/7. I started to notice a difference in his behavior so I came by and sprayed his plants for him with the Grow Safe.

No as I've stated many times before, I just found this stuff a couple of years ago, and it works so well I've been telling everyone about it. I'm a huge fan of Garden Safe brand Neem Oil Extract (does not contain azadirachtin like other neem oils, and works very well), but found this stuff and decided to give it a try since it's organic. I was blown away at how well it works, and it doesn't burn like neem oil. I'm just a former underground weed grower turned small "mom & pop" hemp farmer.
I just ordered a bottle.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I just ordered a bottle.
I can say that GrowSafe seems to be working for me. I've sprayed twice now. I haven't seen any new damage from spider mites and the plants are doing well. If this product is as good as it seems, it'll be a big help for cannabis farmers. I have two small fruit trees in the back yard that insects like in late spring, so I'm thinking of using it on them next year.

@Deadstill, Do you recommend bud washing after using GrowSafe?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I can say that GrowSafe seems to be working for me. I've sprayed twice now. I haven't seen any new damage from spider mites and the plants are doing well. If this product is as good as it seems, it'll be a big help for cannabis farmers. I have two small fruit trees in the back yard that insects like in late spring, so I'm thinking of using it on them next year.

@Deadstill, Do you recommend bud washing after using GrowSafe?
Maybe just a rinse with a sprayer of clean water. The oil smell goes away pretty quickly by itself but yeah if you wanna rinse them before harvest you can.

Z

Zatoichi

I'm thinking that it is broad mites. I'm sending some leaf samples in to an entomologist to confirm.

DO NOT EVER BUY CLONES ON DISCORD FROM A DUDE NAMED PNWSTRAINHUNTER, OR A DUDE NAMED AUDI. They both knowingly send you bugs. Audi is even a thief who will call you a liar and a scammer after he seems you thrips, aphids, and mites. All on one cut.

And I highly doubt that the cuts are even the strains he says they are.
Discord is really shady. Scammers promoting themselves and banning anyone that tells the truth. Had 2 orders from strainly and seed canary, both on verge of death from stem canker. They could have sent looking healthy and would have died in a few weeks infecting entire garden. My thoughts are since they only guarantee for a day, fake genetics that will never make it to point of identification. Also wondering if corporate cannabis/big brother pays them to wipe out small growers gardens to eliminate competition. Strainly is in cahoots with scammer sellers with flawed checkout that requires you to contact seller who sends invoice. Then when you get ripped off they blame victim, say tough crap, and refuse letting you leave honest feedback. Their sellers can also change names once a month. Seed canary was their own clones, noto vendors. RIU is in cahoots with strainly. Look at thread there with 9000 posts, almost all negative or strainly trolls posting drivel to make the honest posts harder to find. Just ordered from Seeds and Clones and Homegrown Nursery who appear to be service for CA commercial growers.

Z

Zatoichi

I thought a 5-minute sulfur dunk, followed by an immediate spinosad dunk would take care of any issues. It didn't take care of any of the issues.
Eggs do not die and around 80F hatch in 3 to 5 days. Even for the easy to kill outdoor acquired mites 5 treatments 3 or 4 days apart is suggested

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

Discord is really shady. Scammers promoting themselves and banning anyone that tells the truth. Had 2 orders from strainly and seed canary, both on verge of death from stem canker. They could have sent looking healthy and would have died in a few weeks infecting entire garden. My thoughts are since they only guarantee for a day, fake genetics that will never make it to point of identification. Also wondering if corporate cannabis/big brother pays them to wipe out small growers gardens to eliminate competition. Strainly is in cahoots with scammer sellers with flawed checkout that requires you to contact seller who sends invoice. Then when you get ripped off they blame victim, say tough crap, and refuse letting you leave honest feedback. Their sellers can also change names once a month. Seed canary was their own clones, noto vendors. RIU is in cahoots with strainly. Look at thread there with 9000 posts, almost all negative or strainly trolls posting drivel to make the honest posts harder to find. Just ordered from Seeds and Clones and Homegrown Nursery who appear to be service for CA commercial growers.
Bro, I was thinking this same shit. I saw other vendors dickriding this dude. When I called him out I got attacked. They tried to make me look like the bad guy. Then a group of them buried the thread in stupid memes and small talk so no one would be able to see the conversation. It was some Twilight Zone level shit that I witnessed. Cut Hut disappeared 2 days later.

I will vouch for dookiefarms, black bear nursery, and Farmer Joe. I know Farmer Joe is legit because he was the only one who called out the bullshit when a group of the other vendors were literally summoned by the ring leader to attack me. I received very healthy, clean cuts from dookie and black bear. They are legit. PNWstrainhunter and Audi are either there to destroy small grows, like you said, or are just tweekers willing to destroy your life for a gram of dope.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

These things are too much. They spread like wildfire. Militarized Monsanto super bugs. No amount of sprays or systemics even slows them down. Much worse than root aphids.

I've decided to shut it down. I'm not going to put all this effort into growing soapy, oil covered, toxic buds that have all different kinds of nasty bugs in em. Months of work and all genetics lost.

I appreciate all the advice. Be careful out there

Z

Zatoichi

These things are too much. They spread like wildfire. Militarized Monsanto super bugs. No amount of sprays or systemics even slows them down. Much worse than root aphids.

I've decided to shut it down. I'm not going to put all this effort into growing soapy, oil covered, toxic buds that have all different kinds of nasty bugs in em. Months of work and all genetics lost.

I appreciate all the advice. Be careful out there
Wish I had done that. Got a little bit of crap quality bud in 2 grows, and most molded from spraying so much. Wasted a year, Pissed since spent $1500 for Chimera #3, MAC1 cap cut, Fatso canarado, GG4, and 5 other top clones and did not get to enjoy any. Room did not even smell like bud at 60 days, when usually can smell GG4 outside. Research sellers, quarantine, treat new clones as if they have spider mites, dunking everyday for a minute for 3 weeks, and check for signs of mold infections. Without testing, large numbers of cuts taken from new plants dying before rooting is a sign of botrytis/fusarium/botrytis which will kill plant if conditions are right. Then there is HJVD to worry about. Good luck.

Z

Zatoichi

Something I ran across that is 17 years old and pre warehouse hardened spider mites from hell. Must be better products out now, and should be rotated. He does mention that trying to kill in flower, with 12 hours light, they can hibernate. So when treating room before next grow, leave a regular light n 24 hours and keeping temps over 75 for quick hatching. They only live about 21 days. https://www.icmag.com/threads/spider-mites-aka-the-borg.62034/

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

He also gave me broad mites.

My perfect run has been completely destroyed within 2 weeks of the first signs of mites. There are already webs. I spray full strength Dr Zymes Eliminator on a fan leaf, and it melts all of the bugs on the leaf. 12 hours later there are twice as many new bugs on that same leaf.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

Something I ran across that is 17 years old and pre warehouse hardened spider mites from hell. Must be better products out now, and should be rotated. He does mention that trying to kill in flower, with 12 hours light, they can hibernate. So when treating room before next grow, leave a regular light n 24 hours and keeping temps over 75 for quick hatching. They only live about 21 days. https://www.icmag.com/threads/spider-mites-aka-the-borg.62034/
I read that thread back in the day. I even read the entire 1,000,000 page root aphid thread. I beat root aphids, but this is 10x worse. Maybe more.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

I thought the broad mites were nymph spider mites under the scope. But now that populations of both have gotten so high that I can see a spider might nymph standing right next to a broad mite. The broad mite is smaller, more amber colored, and extremely active.

Z

Zatoichi

Where did you see the broadmites and did you notice any holes they made?? I am expecting clones from 2 sources this week and going to order some supplies and see if there is stronger USB microscope. Now I am wondering if what I had was both, and thinking the braods were spider nymphs. Definetly going to bug bomb a few more times before anything goes in veg of flower rooms.

Z

Zatoichi

Would be great if you got a picture.

If planning a shutdown for awhile, might want to throw a few leaves in a mason jar to do experiments. Here are some products from first general search I did on broad mites. Might try heat treating area if in hot part of country. Would need heater without thermostat.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

Would be great if you got a picture.

If planning a shutdown for awhile, might want to throw a few leaves in a mason jar to do experiments. Here are some products from first general search I did on broad mites. Might try heat treating area if in hot part of country. Would need heater without thermostat.

That's a good resource

S

Spartan12

Have you guys ever tried milk best soft bodied bug killer. 30% skim milk and 70% water. Kills powdery mold and bugs also a good foliar feed your plants at the same time. Soft bodied bugs can't digest the milk and die.
Last year I battled white powder mold kills it instantly. I grow outdoor but should work just as good indoors.
Think iam crazy try it and see.

Top Bottom