Ez Clone Air Stones And Cycle Timers

• Thread starter SKB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SKB

Anyone seeing different results than what they are used to? I feel like I have been struggling more since the removal of the air stone. Definitely don't miss the maintenance and constant replacements of pumps. What cycle time off and on do you like to use in your EZ Clone to lower the temps. I am in a 120. I usually have them on a concrete floor and this time they were on saw horses it almost certainly raised the temps. I have introduced Clear Res into the mix and am going to use tap water instead of water out of the tall boy. Searching for a good container to freeze water in to put in the reservoir most I have seen leave a residue from the label that is concerning.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I go 18 on, find dark time is important. Try ewc tea. Dip the clones, will stop rot from high temps and boosts uptake once they get roots.. I used to put lots of energy into clones and found for a few hours difference isnt wOrth it in my mind. Now after years of beating clonex in every test, rootone and ice cube trays with cling wrap gives me all the clones i can use with no power or anything but a 12 dollar 15 watt fluorescent grow light from hardware store. U simply don't need that crazy stuff if u can cut ur clones a couple days sooner. My two cents. Skip the Hassel and go to basics. What I chose, good luck. There are some genius growers on here that just make me feel retarded they i KNOW can help. Lol

Last edited:
H

happy b

You really dont need a lot of light.i use a turbo klone that iv just done my first run with great results.(it took right off wen i put the airstones in).i rooted mine under 2 x 60 w incandescent bulbs that way i dont have to have it in a warm cupboard and i maintain good temps that way.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Wow, is that 120 degrees? If yes, probably the issue. Water holds no DO at 120..

Apollo13

Apollo13

Most plastic containers work when I did that, I just squeezed the bottle to squirt water out but put lid on while squeezing to create a negative pressure in bottle to allow expansion. I believe u must lower ur temps a lot, I found a heat mat to be useless here cept winter time. 80 is what I shoot for, but usually around room temperature. I really thought u would get some help faster from someone really familiar with ur exact set. Why I'm trying. .

H

happy b

Try taking your cloner out the grow room.do you have somere you can put the cloner away from hot grow lights?
120 is defo way too high skb.once you get your temps down to 72/3 would b ideal then your cuts should b rooted in 2 weeks with just tap water and a couple of drops of bleach to battle the slime.

G gnome

G gnome

He meant it was 120 sites i believe
Wow, is that 120 degrees? If yes, probably the issue. Water holds no DO at 120..
I have a 48 site tk. I run the lights and the pump 24/7 w no issues. I keep the rm cool and the light high. Stays at 70 deg. Love my tk.

H

happy b

Ach dont listen to this g gnome fella he aint got a clue and he didnt help me one bit with my tk.

G gnome

G gnome

I jse clonex gel and the liquid at 500ppm. Take the dome off after 7 days maintain ph at 5.7 epic roots in 14 days

H

happy b

The roots will be boiled at that temp.im trying to rack my brain for ways to keep the unit cool but past changing the water and moving the thing out the grow room.
by the way it was g gnome that initially told me to keep temps in low 70,s which i did and it worked first time for me.thanks @G gnome

Apollo13

Apollo13

Homemade chiller or a real one is one real way if environment can't chill it someway. Freezer bottle is a suc way, i been there. My clone is not in my rooms. I clone in closet. I really spend almost zero energy on clones. You can always plan ahead to meet numbers. I could clone more clones than most could handle outta a clear tote, ice cube trays to hold root cubes, and a 15 watt cfl. SOG in a warehouse I would get crazy probably. But in michigan, that is a big fantasy.

G gnome

G gnome

@happy b do u remember what thread all that tk stuff was on?

H

happy b

Em no.lol.i,ll look back in time useing the force.wait a min....ah isnt it your "im having problems cloneing.please help"?

Top Bottom