EZ Clone unplugged... ok?

• Thread starter Buddy Flowers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Flowers

Good morning folks. I left my EZ unplugged for about 20-30 mins this morn. I took clones yesterday. Is this going to affect them? Anyone evr do this? I'm a repeat offender. The reason I unplug it is to get inside, adjust pH and and ice to cool the water from 77 to 70. Cheers

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
they will be fine, been more than one time that i have been medicated and forgot to plug her back in

wonka

wonka

i run my ez60 30/on - 30/off to deal with the heat from the pump with no probs... w.wonka

J

Jalisco Kid

30 min off seems a bit long.
A cure for this is to install a 5 min delay on relay and a momentary sw before it. Hit the momentary this will shut off your pump for 5 min,plenty of time to check out your roots and water.
Not that I have ever left a cloner unplugged.
Suerte JK

B

Buddy Flowers

thanks Kid! Feel like coming over, drinking a few beers and doing some wiring?

B

Bobby Smith

Not to jack this thread, but as long as you guys brought up using timers for the pumps.......

I've always used regular old pond pumps, never a mag-drive pump, so will this thing really crap out on me quickly if I use a short cycle timer?

The one I just bought is totally adjustable down to the second, and I was going to run 15 seconds on/45 off - will this just destroy the pump? If so, what cycle would you guys/gals recommend? I'm not sure the exact make/model, but it's the standard pump that comes with an EZ 120.

Thanks.

B

Buddy Flowers

no idea bro. prolly find a better answer if you just make a post about it.

J

Jalisco Kid

Impeller rebuild kits are not that expensive. JK
I think the mod 7 for the ez 60 is about 6 bucks.

B

Buddy Flowers

thanks jalisco. no idea what you're talking about but i'll figure something out. thanks man.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I know a guy who uses the hydrofarm 15-minute interval timers for his clone machine, 15 min on, 15 min off. He has success without having to ice the solution twice a day. oh, and he's had the same pump for about 2 years. I'd say it held up.

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks.

We'll see how well it does with really short cycles - I'll let you all know if I run into problems.

B

Buddy Flowers

Bobby- i didnt understand your post at first. i'm going to try a the 15 on and 15 off. anyone hear of using an NFT cycle timer 1 on 3 off or 3 on 5 off?

B

Bobby Smith

Yeah, lotsa people run a 1 on/4 off with their EZ and that seems to work fine.

I was asking because I'm thinking of going super short cycle, 15 seconds/45 seconds, and I'm sure my pump ain't gonna like that.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I know a guy who uses the hydrofarm 15-minute interval timers for his clone machine, 15 min on, 15 min off. He has success without having to ice the solution twice a day. oh, and he's had the same pump for about 2 years. I'd say it held up.

I burnt my danner mag up in my cloner three years ago and replaced it with a nice mag drive 450 gph pump i had gotten from home depot for 80 bones and its still trucking it hasnt been turned off since

B

Buddy Flowers

so i just put 5 gallons of distilled water in my EZ 30 with 35 ml of Hygrozyme. The pH is meter is jumping around in the distilled water and is giving me a reading of 3.9. is this correct? feel like im losing my mind. i've NEVER had this much trouble cloning in my 10 yrs

Latest posts

Top Bottom