f*ckin mites

• Thread starter 5280HigH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

5280HigH

I got some plant that have mites and I've been using neem oil but not really working so about a week ago I bought some sns217 and I have sprayed the girls down but it seems like them lil fuckers keep going. It thought this stuff is suppose to work I have a few in flowring that have might that need to be flushed but I can't afford to toss them idk what to do its stressful I just wanna rip all the plants out and say fuck it. . . . Has anyone tried alcohol water before to kill mites on contact I've heard the alcohol evaporates quick enough to not hurt the girl . . . Only in veg not flower

hiboy

hiboy

Unsure about the alcohol for plants, i like it sometimes, trying to cut down.....back to the plants, forbid, azamax if your not far along in flower. Avid will kill the hell out of em. Neem aint gonna do it for you.
hiboy

B

Buddy Hemphill

Hot shot "No Pest Strips".

Turn off the fans at lights out and put a dozen of them in the room. Make sure you arent breathing it....or your pets. Leave them in the room 24/7. Just shut the fans down as much as possible at night.

Do this for 7 days and they will be gone. GONE.

Neem plus Organicide make a great preventative once they are gone. I spray everything inside PLUS outside the house. I go out 10-20 feet from the house with neem/organicide. Anything to keep those bastards at bay.

N

NorCalD9

If i was you i would go out and but some Mighty Wash..... One Treatment and al your mite problems will be over.... Just make sure u spray the plants completely and let them dry b4 u turn the lights and fans back on.... Hope this helps

Peace
D9

S

Steel Erection

Bro you can't spray once or weekly and think your done. If you have mites you better get on a serious program. I had a bad infestation this is how I got rid of them. ( I don't think you ever really get rid of them)...like herpes...I fogged with a pyrethium fogger, 3-4 days later hit them with Floramite, 3-4 days later another fogger, 3-4 days later, Forbid. I did this until I saw no more signs of infestation and then a weekly rotation of Forbid, Floramite, Azatrol, Sns217. Your safe with the Floramite/Forbid until like week 2-3 Bloom then you have to use the SNS/Azatrol, but you can use the foggers up until a week or so before harverst. Do not wait or those little bastards will take your whole place over.

M

mrbong73

Bro you can't spray once or weekly and think your done. If you have mites you better get on a serious program. I had a bad infestation this is how I got rid of them. ( I don't think you ever really get rid of them)...like herpes...I fogged with a pyrethium fogger, 3-4 days later hit them with Floramite, 3-4 days later another fogger, 3-4 days later, Forbid. I did this until I saw no more signs of infestation and then a weekly rotation of Forbid, Floramite, Azatrol, Sns217. Your safe with the Floramite/Forbid until like week 2-3 Bloom then you have to use the SNS/Azatrol, but you can use the foggers up until a week or so before harverst. Do not wait or those little bastards will take your whole place over.

Damn dude, I bet those buds got you Really high...:worried

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Neem plus Organicide make a great preventative once they are gone. I spray everything inside PLUS outside the house. I go out 10-20 feet from the house with neem/organicide. Anything to keep those bastards at bay.

The other day as I was leaving for work I noticed some bushes next to my apartments have a BAD mite infestation. I have decided that I will be taking a different route when coming home from now on to avoid the damn thing. I may go out at night and spray the damn bush with some Forbid!

I'm so annoyed with these damn things. I am taking cuts from my mothers tomorrow and I plan to dunk each cutting in Avid and then dunk them with Forbid after they root. I'm really sick of these bastards. I want them GONE.

A

amstercal

5280: Killing mites requires a 3 or 4 day rotation of products. Neem and a lot of other products can only kill already hatched mites, which means all those lovely eggs are waiting to set loose a new army. Rotate products: Neem (or Azamax), SNS217, Safers, or P-Bombs (if you want the less nuclear side) or for the more nuclear Floramite and Avid. No matter what you do, rotate at least 2 products every 3-4 days for a couple of weeks until it's been AT LEAST a week or two since you've seen any. They can also live in carbon filters and carpet and whatnot so bombing is always a good idea, although not something I'm fan of on flowering plants.

You can spray the flowering plants with cold water to slow them down while you finish flowering. It kind of stuns them so they don't really mobilize as well to build webs. Don't spray the buds... the mites prefer the undersides of fan leaves anyway. Seamaiden also has typed up her son's method a few places here: major fans on your plants and put a bamboo stake in there. The mites head to it because they don't like all the movement on the plant and he uses an insecticide to wipe them off the bamboo stake. She explains it better if you do a search.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

There's always the nuclear option.

I find a rotation of organic products as recommended above work quite effectively. Technique on application is vital though. You'll want to spray a surfectant on the entire plant, especially on the undersides of the leaf. An insecticidal soap works fine, or a small bit of dish soap also.

After the soap you rinse with distilled water (again, under leaf being important), and only then apply your neem dilution spray. I like to use a baby toothbrush wish soft bristles to gently scrub the entire surface free of eggs, but that's labor intensive and not always practical. Allow to set and dry and then apply your neem again. Wait a day and rinse well with distilled water once more. Repeat as necessary.

M

MIway

^^^ I like the idea of the above... 5 gal buckets with a full plant dunk & swirl.

Would just use horticultural/dormant oil... keep it well agitated... kills eggs & adults. Spray the top & sides & bottoms of the pots... spray all the trays & surrounding area.

Mite (hehehe) just get rid of them with one application... ;-)

5280HigH

Thanks for all the info guys I think imma switch it up and use neem and sns217 on offset them till I pick up some azatrol I think my flower ones should be good hopefully but well see when its done its a beautiful plushberry by subcool I love this new strain the flavor and high is good

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Floramite is king for sure...the $150 bucks it cost is worth triple when it comes down to it.

My experience is that all those organic solutions are just prolonging and maybe just slightly helpin the situation but don't kill or stop anything completely.

Floramite once every 3-6 months if needed, haven't seen a mite since I started usuing.

Azotrol and azamax are both neem products and are a waste on a mite infestation

Tex

jyip

jyip

what do peeps think of 1600 -exclude...its an aerosl spray that seems to work well for me, but u have 2 keep doin preventative treatments to make sure u get them all and then stay on top of the ones that do survive and slip by

i thought that 23 bucks was expensive,,, wow 150 clams is alot for bug stuff....but if it needs 2 b done, might as well do it right the first time..i strongly dislike those bugeyed freakin plt life suckers! lil bastards they r !!

i hav a few strains n they seem to go towards the sativa dom ones instead of the indicas

oh, another thing i do is keep the oscilating fans goin strong on them and i keep it as cool as i can in there, thoi it is the hot season 4 me now

but my purple nib's are mite free, and my jamaican purple skunk is got a zillion on it ,,, all dead tho, as far as i see, but whata basty messs, and every white widow i have has had aproblem too,,,,

iwhat learned from this... sometimes getting clones froma friend can cause i big freakin headache..i big one for sure....i never ever ever had gotten infested like this b4 , never,,, what a mess caused from havinga dirty room to grow in..( in this cause )

click80

click80

f***n Borg

I had repeated infestations until i hit on what works here in SW Colorado...I used Floramite to get rid of them, that is the the most effective method/product for me at least....then/now i rotate Neem with a product called Purespray Green on a bi monthly basis... also i use Lecithin and Dawn Dish Detergent mixed for Neem as a surfactant...mix the lecithin in with the Neem first as it bonds easier that way before the final mix with water and Dawn....i found that this worked much better that Dawn alone....Purespray is Organic as its a horticultural oil and comes with a decent surfactant mixed in, well worth the money.

I feel that the mite prob here in SW Colorado is very bad...since the blowup after HB1284 I feel that the mites have become very resistant to measures that used to work well...maybe we have imported some of the really resistant mites from Cali on clones etc...? Just my opinion

click80

click80

Turn off the fans at lights out and put a dozen of them in the room. Make sure you arent breathing it....or your pets. Leave them in the room 24/7. Just shut the fans down as much as possible at night.

Do this for 7 days and they will be gone. GONE.

yeah...i forgot about these things...they definitely worked for me on my first grow here in CO...and Buddy is exactly right, I ended up using like 10 in a 12x10 room...and I am sure spraying around the house is a big plus, a friend of mine bought a Dustshroom(?) for his fan and he swears it has all but eradicated his mite problem...which while not bad was persistent.

O

organicfreak

I dip plant fully in floramite and a wetting agent for pesticides called INDICATE 5.
It turns pink when ph is 4.5 wich is supposy to be proper ph for insectcides

With this method I dont have to treat again... once and done

Ive dipped mother plants when they were weeks old and after 4 months of veg flowered for 8wks AND NO MITES. DO THE MATH THATS LIKE 6MONTHS OF ZERO MITES...

Im also using eagle 20 for powder mildew
merit 75 for root aphids... (stronger version of beyer advance)

All systemic and all done early veg and only had to apply once... which makes it usally 75-90 days of clearing for those concerned about carcenegens

B

Budsbuddy

I know i bought a small bottle of avid and have only had to use it three times because i did not look at cuts i had received

Avid will kill them dead but you MUST not use late in flower.

i would not use it if i was past week two.

the pamphlet says 3 weeks for it to leave but i like to give more time than that.

Avid is serious shit so make sure that you were all the protective stuff mask, gloves, eye protection

I bought a real pump up sprayer and spray the bottom and the tops of the leaves.

it is systemic (i think that's the word) so it soaks into the plant.

so it kills the bugs and the babies as they hatch

good luck,

I used to think mites were the worst thing in the world until i go Powdery Mildew (PM)

that is one that is a bitch to get rid of

been fighting that for about three years now :(

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

JUDO for the MFW! kills eggs and them little fuckers dead. They are not immune to it either like all the other stuff out there.

Also... word of advice... fuck getting clones from people. Nothing but funk, disease and bugs.

Seeds for the win!

M

midnightrider

how far in to flower are you ? -------like they are saying , mites can become immune to pesticides , you have to do multiple applications of your azatrol to get the eggs , making sure you get the undersides of leaves (the whole plant ) and surrounding area , and if you can , after harvest or whatever you end up doing , you got to clean ,clean, clean, your area , then use bleach water , bleach kills , kills ,kills mites and there eggs ----- no residue of florimite , azatrol or neem oil - just let it air out .

a good practice ,,,,clean and bleach the flower room at evey beginning and use azatrol to spray the floor after every time ya go in .

Top Bottom