F l u s h i n g

• Thread starter RsGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostie069

Frostie069

Everyone is my friend until u tek the piss lol , just genetics really but I do drop the temps to get colours out and add ice too my water
so would me trying to move in and smoke all your buds be considered as taking the piss? yeah our friendship may not work out!! 🤣
cheers man, again beautiful, I do hope to achieve similar one day!!

RsGrows

RsGrows

Well it wouldn't
so would me trying to move in and smoke all your buds be considered as taking the piss? yeah our friendship may not work out!! 🤣
cheers man, again beautiful, I do hope to achieve similar one day!!
Well if you brought all the other bits an Bob's we need to smoke be my guest lol don't think we could get through it together tho 🤣 thanks mate keep at it and you will just get the good genetics

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So what would your ec be toward the end of cycle ? My tap waters 0.4 ec
EC about 0.6 is what i do but transpiration rates maybe different. My plant generally drink a shit ton so that can effect it. Usually only 5-7 days in soiless/hydro. Soil takes a bit longer to get down so some do as early as 2 weeks and others as @Shaded_One does taper early at a lower level which i feel is probably best and easiest in soil.

In hydro soiless we have the luxury if an immediate change. Like @Shaded_One though I usually start tapering down after swelling then drop to 0.6 the last 5-7 days and the fade and pop colors well if they have that expression in the genetics.

I just posted an example in another thread but ill post it again here.

D562309C E61D 43A4 A4A9 0E94489E87EE
209E5B26 8D27 4F15 B2DD 6527DD5725BD
RsGrows

RsGrows

A few days is not going to make a difference. You cannot pull nutrients out of the plants per se once they have been taken up. Some speculation on high P being the culprit but honestly the dry and cure is likely their issue…. Or feeding to toxic levels and a flush wont help that in a few days
Okay sound so u rekon 0.6 I should aim for aswell , I'm guessing ur using ro water so ur ec would be 0.0 ? I can see there fading nice

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay sound so u rekon 0.6 I should aim for aswell , I'm guessing ur using ro water so ur ec would be 0.0 ? I can see there fading nice
Nope that was with tap starting at 120ppm so 0.24 EC.

RO adds some challenges with PH buffering so if using that you will want to buffer it minimally and top up the EC with nutrients.

Some info on that here.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

No sir, I just conveniently time my nutrient cycles so that the end of my 4 week block is usually right near harvest time :) I don't want to constantly post Bugbee vids here but he's also covered this topic a few times and he sees no benefit from flushing unless it's to remove excess salts and flushing early can actually hurt the end product
I don't flush, nature doesn't either.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Reasons to flush:

Media PPM is too high. Determined by runoff. This is an actual flush. For example, the media PPM is 2800 and you are on the verge of having a bad time. So you flush it down to 700ppm. This takes a LOT of water unless you use some type of flushing agent. About 3-5 times the normal watering volume with just pH'ed water.

'Flushing' during the last week or two of growth. Why? Because you want the plant to fade because it looks nice. You save a little money on nutes. The yield, potency and smoke quality will be the same either way, IF you timed your flush right. This is a gradual flushing in peat. The plant is still eating every time you 'flush' it until there are no nutes in the media. This takes several watering days.

What happens when you flush for two weeks, but the plant needs two more weeks to finish? Then you probably lose something compared to timing it right.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
f you want fade near the end of their life RO water only should do it.....I've noticed after 3 days of RO only leaf color change....back to back RO just about kills them off turning yellow and fading fast...

I'm in Promix and I water feed water feed water I try to end on a water cycle....that to me is flushing....but I will water again if they're still not done with my well water @ 120ppm......It doesn't fade my plants like RO water does.

RsGrows

RsGrows

do you have a jewelry loop or microscope to show the trichomes? She looks nice!
Yeah I have jewelry loop kind off hard to try get a pic through it tho I'll give it another go an send some over 👍

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you guys do know that the word FLUSHING means that you give the plant so much water to wash our the nutrients. right???
Flushing does not mean lowering EC/PPM or feeding it water every other day. Thats not flushing.
The Subject line on this is pretty wrong and steering people the wrong way.

You flush the toilet to clean the shit 💩 out. You flush to remove excessive nutrients.

Latest posts

Top Bottom