F l u s h i n g

• Thread starter RsGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
you guys do know that the word FLUSHING means that you give the plant so much water to wash our the nutrients. right???
Flushing does not mean lowering EC/PPM or feeding it water every other day. Thats not flushing.
The Subject line on this is pretty wrong and steering people the wrong way.

You flush the toilet to clean the shit 💩 out. You flush to remove excessive nutrients.
Okay so flush is the wrong term, what is the right term for running water only through the soil rather than nutes with the water? Is it flushing to go back to back water or would you not do that at the end of their cycle?

Then there's the ice bath at the end.....Hocus Pokus? or 1000% correct as 1 video guy said...lol...... wtf it needed water or?...I chose or..

100 8326
100 8327
PK1

PK1

Supporter
jokes aside, get a jewlerey lope or a amazon microscope for like 60 bucks and check the trichomes. If you have a good phone and solid none shaky hands than you can try to take some pictures.
but remove those ice and save your self some money.

If you are watering it between feeding cycle or just watering to reduce the ppm than you are just watering it and reducing the soil ppm. this achives those beutiful fades if the genetics of the plant are there.
if you are dumping gallons gallons of water to the soil to reduce the excessive nutrients than you are flushing.

Right now you are just reducing the ppm of the soil. im guessing thats why its fading. However, if the buds are not fully matured than you need to feed.

Only FLUSH if the soil nutrient level are way to high.
Only water if the soil nutrient is slightly high and you want it at certain ppm

You can do a soil slurry test and figure out what the soil ph or ppm is

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Okay so flush is the wrong term, what is the right term for running water only through the soil rather than nutes with the water? Is it flushing to go back to back water or would you not do that at the end of their cycle?

Then there's the ice bath at the end.....Hocus Pokus? or 1000% correct as 1 video guy said...lol...... wtf it needed water or?...I chose or..
The plant will die ,is that the plan?

Reactions: PK1
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The plant will die ,is that the plan?
I'm pulling / cutting tomorrow am...I don't fking know one way or the other...its a youtube suggestion.....I've run these Bubble Bombs for the past year plus and I've another one right behind her same size I'm not doing that to....It has been suggested here and I had this bag jump out at me when I was shopping. $2.50 Cdn...$0.75 USA......I figured wtf 1 YT guy I watched the other day said 1000% it frosts them up.....I have 2 almost twins and we'll just see..... I'm very easily influenced by gimmicks.....$2.50 ......eh wtf

100 8286
100 8287
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I'm pulling / cutting tomorrow am...I don't fking know one way or the other...its a youtube suggestion.....I've run these Bubble Bombs for the past year plus and I've another one right behind her same size I'm not doing that to....It has been suggested here and I had this bag jump out at me when I was shopping. $2.50 Cdn...$0.75 USA......I figured wtf 1 YT guy I watched the other day said 1000% it frosts them up.....I have 2 almost twins and we'll just see..... I'm very easily influenced by gimmicks.....$2.50 ......eh wt
For sure, I heard of it years ago too,some people put ice cubes in the reservoirs to finish them off. Another way to kill them is just girdling the stalk and they die over a week or so.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

you guys do know that the word FLUSHING means that you give the plant so much water to wash our the nutrients. right???
Flushing does not mean lowering EC/PPM or feeding it water every other day. Thats not flushing.
The Subject line on this is pretty wrong and steering people the wrong way.

You flush the toilet to clean the shit 💩 out. You flush to remove excessive nutrients.
I can see someone flushing their plants from too much nutrients! But to just flush because you read about flushing can completely ruin your plants from constant flush! I almost killed my plants from flushing because I didn't have enough nutrients absolutely but sometimes flushing is only good for overfeeding to me at least I don't trust flushing to much sometimes ill just give to overfill water a couple of times while taking out some nutrients before switching to other nutrients so it don't get to much maybe that's called flushing but I only do that a couple of times in my plants life, it does help, but I wouldn't do it for more than that one watering!

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

I can see someone flushing their plants from too much nutrients! But to just flush because you read about flushing can completely ruin your plants from constant flush! I almost killed my plants from flushing because I didn't have enough nutrients absolutely but sometimes flushing is only good for overfeeding to me at least I don't trust flushing to much sometimes ill just give to overfill water a couple of times while taking out some nutrients before switching to other nutrients so it don't get to much maybe that's called flushing but I only do that a couple of times in my plants life, it does help, but I wouldn't do it for more than that one watering!
This I do do
Screenshot 20220804 190342 Samsung Internet

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
For sure, I heard of it years ago too,some people put ice cubes in the reservoirs to finish them off. Another way to kill them is just girdling the stalk and they die over a week or so.
I've seen them drill holes through the big California 20ft monsters with foot wide stalks.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I've seen them drill holes through the big California 20ft monsters with foot wide stalks.
Some areas the native people cut the stalk down the middle and insert a stone,now outdoors I cut the leaves off when they are about a week or 2 away from harvest,it sure saves a lot of trimming at one time if you have a bunch of plants and the leaves stay outside so also lessens the cleanup.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

My flushed plants get more love from the internet than my un-flushed plants. Your mileage may vary.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Bump. So do any good growers out there do the ice flush thingamajig? I’m really focused on bag appeal and I can’t get the trich density I’d like. Checking out winter frost nutes and this. Was hoping the farm would have more anecdotal info about it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've flip flopped on the flushing thing several times now.. im currently of the impression that what really matters the most to getting a clean burning product is the magnesium content. Rinsing with a magnesium solution for a few days before harvest I was able to feed pretty much right until the end but still really improve the burn characteristics. Epsom salts work, I like flawless finish. Its the only AN product I can actually recommend.
It works better for me than flushing for a week or two, or not flushing at all, or tapering.
The mag just helps to sustain combustion and produces better heat retention, it was mentioned in a paper about nutrient influences on the burning characteristics of Columbian cigar tobacco iirc.
Limiting chloride helps as well. But that short magnesium flush right at the end really, really helps.

2Bad

2Bad

I've flip flopped on the flushing thing several times now.. im currently of the impression that what really matters the most to getting a clean burning product is the magnesium content. Rinsing with a magnesium solution for a few days before harvest I was able to feed pretty much right until the end but still really improve the burn characteristics. Epsom salts work, I like flawless finish. Its the only AN product I can actually recommend.
It works better for me than flushing for a week or two, or not flushing at all, or tapering.
The mag just helps to sustain combustion and produces better heat retention, it was mentioned in a paper about nutrient influences on the burning characteristics of Columbian cigar tobacco iirc.
Limiting chloride helps as well. But that short magnesium flush right at the end really, really helps.
At what strength magnesium do you use

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
At what strength magnesium do you use
I used flawless finish to try the method at the recommended label rate, I don't recall exactly how much was used but it wasn't a lot. I think I grew the cleanest burning crop that I've ever grown with it. Fluffy light grey ash with no pepper specks, just light grey and white and doesn't burn out at all. Highly recommend trying it.

Imagine.. a hydrostore bottle off the shelf that does what it says it'll do 😆

I dont think of it as a flush though. It's just making sure that the plant gets enough magnesium stored in its cells before harvest.

Madmax

Madmax

That’s good to know that’s worked for you dirtbag..if I can’t get the flawless finish because of where I am..what amount of epsom would you use .I usually have my ppm at 300-350 at chop..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That’s good to know that’s worked for you dirtbag..if I can’t get the flawless finish because of where I am..what amount of epsom would you use .I usually have my ppm at 300-350 at chop..
I'm not sure, that's kinda why I went with Flawless to take out the guesswork.
But if I were to try it with epsom I'd probably keep the ppm similar and just replace the food with Epsom salt. in your case Id try about 250 - 300 ppm Epsom. Flood the pots with it to displace any remaining food so the plant takes up mostly Magnesium for 2-3 days before harvest.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The bottom line for me is, as a former cigarette smoker/weed grower, I always wished I could grow weed that had the same burning qualities as a quality cigarette tobacco. Slow burning but with good heat retention so it stays lit, complete combustion with fluffy light grey ashes even in tightly rolled joints, smooth smoke that isnt at all harsh on the throat or lungs. While at the same time maximizing plant health and productivity. Finishing with Magnesium after just tapering down the nutrients based on the runoff numbers achieved that for the first time.

Top Bottom