Faa Warns Of Gps Outages This Month During Mysterious Tests On The West Coast

• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

Xepkjmxgnhq1agvsyr5f

Starting today, it appears the US military will be testing a device or devices that will potentially jam GPS signals for six hours each day. We say “appears” because officially the tests were announced by the FAA but are centered near the US Navy’s largest installation in the Mojave Desert. And the Navy won’t tell us much about what’s going on.

The FAA issued an advisory warning pilots on Saturday that global positioning systems (GPS) could be unreliable during six different days this month, primarily in the Southwestern United States. On June 7, 9, 21, 23, 28, and 30th the GPS interference testing will be taking place between 9:30am and 3:30pm Pacific time. But if you’re on the ground, you probably won’t notice interference.

The testing will be centered on China Lake, California—home to the Navy’s 1.1 million acre Naval Air Weapons Center in the Mojave Desert. The potentially lost signals will stretch hundreds of miles in each direction and will affect various types of GPS, reaching the furthest at higher altitudes. But the jamming will only affect aircraft above 50 feet. As you can see from the FAA map below, the jamming will almost reach the California-Oregon border at 4o,000 feet above sea level and 505 nautical miles at its greatest range.

http://gizmodo.com/faa-warns-of-gps-outages-this-month-during-mysterious-t-1780866590

keiksweat

keiksweat

My google mapps been seriously suffering from a majpr malfunction the last 4 days but then again its been stormy lately...then again im in the testing zone ....
I wouldn't trust anything the government or the military tells you.
Like"frackin is not gonna harm your water supply"then some dude on tv lights his tap water with a match...hehe.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My google mapps been seriously suffering from a majpr malfunction the last 4 days but then again its been stormy lately...then again im in the testing zone ....
We're making the move to the high dez soon, too. I assumed this GPS testing stuff was in relation to the use of Johnson Valley the Marines are planning. Will my Waze be off? Thomas Bros Guide, to the rescue! I hope they still sell 'em.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I
We're making the move to the high dez soon, too. I assumed this GPS testing stuff was in relation to the use of Johnson Valley the Marines are planning. Will my Waze be off? Thomas Bros Guide, to the rescue! I hope they still sell 'em.
I thought you were already in the desert sea"?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We're still in the process of moving. Each trip costs (depending the vehicle/s driven) from $200-$500 in gas alone and our resources are limited.

keiksweat

keiksweat

My kid yells "that's propaganda" at the fracking commercials. Cracks me up.
frackin scare's the shit out of me pal.once the water is gone,were gone too.even without the water accidently getting polluted,there draining thousands of gallons of water from streams,rivers or were ever they find it.then the waste poisonous water is pumped deep underground to dump it....fuck that shit..and now the UK government have give em the thumbs up to start it over here.sorry to ramble on,but I hate those mofo planet raping bastards.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

frackin scare's the shit out of me pal.once the water is gone,were gone too.even without the water accidently getting polluted,there draining thousands of gallons of water from streams,rivers or were ever they find it.then the waste poisonous water is pumped deep underground to dump it....fuck that shit..and now the UK government have give em the thumbs up to start it over here.sorry to ramble on,but I hate those mofo planet raping bastards.
Deeper aquifers that contain the highest volume of water are not affected by fracking waste.
-Some shallow aquifers recharge from surface water, but deeper aquifers contain ancient water locked in the earth by changes in geology thousands or millions of years ago. These aquifers typically cannot recharge, and once this "fossil" water is gone, it is gone forever—potentially changing how and where we can live and grow food, among other things.

Surface waste water and pollution from mining operations have a much bigger and speedier affect on our water than fracking.

Flint is a good example of what is going on right now, and I think it's more important to fix or change what we have now, as opposed to staying in pretend land of the what-ifs/. http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/11/health/toxic-tap-water-flint-michigan/
-
According to a class-action lawsuit, the state Department of Environmental Quality wasn't treating the Flint River water with an anti-corrosive agent, in violation of federal law. Therefore, the water was eroding the iron water mains, turning water brown.
But what residents couldn't see was far worse. About half of the service lines to homes in Flint are made of lead and because the water wasn't properly treated, lead began leaching into the water supply, in addition to the iron.

I am assuming from your language in your post that you are not on US soil? What do you consider to be 'deep underground'?

Do you consider fracking waste to be a bigger problem or threat to our water supply?

You aren't rambling, either. This is an interesting topic with a lot of interested and invested parties.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

frackin scare's the shit out of me pal.once the water is gone,were gone too.even without the water accidently getting polluted,there draining thousands of gallons of water from streams,rivers or were ever they find it.then the waste poisonous water is pumped deep underground to dump it...
Our water across the pond is nowhere near as dangerous as you fear. I can only speak of Colorado, but we have more dangerous mine waste than fracking waste, and toxin spewing mine waste is right in front of our faces, already in our streams.

On Colorado's Four Major Aquifers-

South Platte -Challenges:Since the late 1960s, drilling of new wells has been restricted, due to the effects on surface rights. Colorado must abide by the terms of the South Platte River Compact, which requires certain amounts of surface water to be sent downstream. Recharge is heavily influenced by return flows, which mostly come from agricultural users. As the water is used and reused for irrigation, it has higher concentrations of dissolved solids and nutrients, which affect water quality. Discharges of municipal wastewater also affect water quality.

San Luis Valley- Challenges: Aquifer levels have been steadily dropping. Natural recharge is difficult, as the San Luis Valley receives 7-8 inches of precipitation a year, half of Colorado’s state average. Pumping groundwater affects surface water, and Colorado must meet the terms of the Rio Grande Compact, which requires certain amounts of water to be sent downstream.

Denver Basin-Challenges: Extensive development in the South Metro area of Denver has resulted in steady and substantial aquifer declines, especially in the Arapahoe aquifer. Some of the water stored in these deep aquifers may be more than 50 million years old. Studies show that it took tens of thousands of years or more for nature to fill this resource. Since much of this groundwater is considered non-renewable, these rates of decline are not considered sustainable.

High Plains-Challenges: Since the 1960s, people have been extracting more water from this aquifer than has been returned. Aquifer recharge comes mostly from local precipitation – but the region receives relatively little precipitation and has high rates of evaporation. New conservation strategies have reduced the amount of water pumped, and withdrawal levels appear to have stabilized.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I'm not sure how deep exatly,but I've
Deeper aquifers that contain the highest volume of water are not affected by fracking waste.
-Some shallow aquifers recharge from surface water, but deeper aquifers contain ancient water locked in the earth by changes in geology thousands or millions of years ago. These aquifers typically cannot recharge, and once this "fossil" water is gone, it is gone forever—potentially changing how and where we can live and grow food, among other things.

Surface waste water and pollution from mining operations have a much bigger and speedier affect on our water than fracking.

Flint is a good example of what is going on right now, and I think it's more important to fix or change what we have now, as opposed to staying in pretend land of the what-ifs/. http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/11/health/toxic-tap-water-flint-michigan/
-
According to a class-action lawsuit, the state Department of Environmental Quality wasn't treating the Flint River water with an anti-corrosive agent, in violation of federal law. Therefore, the water was eroding the iron water mains, turning water brown.
But what residents couldn't see was far worse. About half of the service lines to homes in Flint are made of lead and because the water wasn't properly treated, lead began leaching into the water supply, in addition to the iron.

I am assuming from your language in your post that you are not on US soil? What do you consider to be 'deep underground'?

Do you consider fracking waste to be a bigger problem or threat to our water supply?

You aren't rambling, either. This is an interesting topic with a lot of interested and invested parties.
I've watched a lot of documentary's and read a lot of stuff on this.Apparently all the water goes to the same site were its pumped deep under ground.there's even been earthquake activity because of this.im not swallowing any of there bullshit mate.its not just flint.and its not missing agent's you have to worry about.its methane gas escaping through the shale and getting into the water table.ive seen thousands of cases of people having to use bottled water as the well water is literally bubbling with gas.kids are getting seizure's,autism all sorts of real nasty shit.im no scientific expert,just relaying back what I've read and seen about this over the last 5-6 years.l first watched a documentary on al gore's current tv Chanel,and was horrified at people losing everything as there land was gradually ruined by these big corporations.you ain't got a prayer trying to fight them in court.one of the families I remember actually won a small victory,they had to supply them with bottled water as well was now toxic.if I remember right.they did this for two years ,then got out of it.bk to square one.I hope it don't end up on my door step.they couldn't pay me anything to agree to fracking.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Did an English guy just use "ain't"

So my take is that rather than getting high and cracking up watching Ice T be a kangaroo human warrior hybrid in hit film Tank Girl, I should be watching it as a documentary or educational life skills film.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Military covering up whats really going on :) its coming more aliens entering earths atmosphere consider it shift change lol out with the old in with the new .

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm not sure how deep exatly,but I've
I've watched a lot of documentary's and read a lot of stuff on this.Apparently all the water goes to the same site were its pumped deep under ground.there's even been earthquake activity because of this.im not swallowing any of there bullshit mate.its not just flint.and its not missing agent's you have to worry about.its methane gas escaping through the shale and getting into the water table.ive seen thousands of cases of people having to use bottled water as the well water is literally bubbling with gas.kids are getting seizure's,autism all sorts of real nasty shit.im no scientific expert,just relaying back what I've read and seen about this over the last 5-6 years.l first watched a documentary on al gore's current tv Chanel,and was horrified at people losing everything as there land was gradually ruined by these big corporations.you ain't got a prayer trying to fight them in court.one of the families I remember actually won a small victory,they had to supply them with bottled water as well was now toxic.if I remember right.they did this for two years ,then got out of it.bk to square one.I hope it don't end up on my door step.they couldn't pay me anything to agree to fracking.
If you are having trouble recalling the research you did or the movies you watched, there is no discussion other than empty accusations and statements with claims but no backing.

This is precisely the problem, that everyone thinks they are right. In order for any type of conversation about current events, I believe that someone should be able to defend their position/argument/whatever we're calling it. Saying you've done research and you've watched a lot of documentaries doesn't give anyone much info. If you are using Al Gore as a case study regarding causes of global warming, then we are never going to find any type of middle ground. If you use youtube as a source then we are both wasting our time.

South of Denver there is a massive development near Chatfield Reservoir called Sterling Ranch. The developers are finalizing plans for how they are going to get water since new taps are being denied due to demand. How water rights work, how this new development is going to be able to get water despite the 'no new taps' policy and how it will affect current and future landowners and the water beneath their feet, these are all issues that are on the table, right now, today.

Where are you getting your information? I'm assuming if you've watched 'a lot' on the topic, but I have a question for you. So all of the different fracking sites ship all of their waste fluids to a central location where it is 'pumped deep underground' That doesn't make sense. Have a link? I've also heard claims like what you are saying, but I have yet to hear or see anything validating those claims. I am not saying that fracking oil wells isn't dangerous, I am just suggesting that people do their homework.

I don't know you, but I question your source information. No disrespect but it seems to me that you are using a talking point as fact and are applying it to every situation, and that's simply not true, at least in this very specific example. Fracking is not the problem, the fact that we aren't replenishing the aquifers with the water we take and use every day is the problem. Like I said, this is an interesting topic to me and it applies to the very state in which I live, and I enjoy looking at things from different points of view. It's also more involved than piecemeal posts on a pot website.

Frack on or something. Post up a link if you find your video's or big al so we can get our nerd on.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

one has to ask why are they doing this ??? i watched a documentary about ocean life beaching them selfs was shocked at what caused this anyone want to guess the cause ? and why were seeing more n more beaching then ever before ??

Top Bottom