Fabric Pot Size Help

• Thread starter NoScope209
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoScope209

Hey guys,

Hope you are all doing well. My 3 plants that I planted a while back are showing signs of overwatering even though I'm watering fine. I think the soil I used originally is of bad quality and I added nothing for drainage/nutes. My plan to fix this problem is to get proper 10 and 15 gallon smart pots and make my own mix of soil with coco coir,compost and this time sifted potting soil to get rid of the large amount of wood chips. I have 2 indica and 2 sativa strains. I want to put the 2 indicas in the 10 gallon and sativas in the 15 gallons. That sounds smart right? Or should I go all 15s? I'm keeping in mind how much feed I will use and I think 4 15 gallons will eat a lot of nutes. Please share your opinions/suggestions on what I should do

Fabric pot size help
Fabric pot size help 2
Fabric pot size help 3
Fabric pot size help 4
Fabric pot size help 5
Monster762

Monster762

Hey guys,

Hope you are all doing well. My 3 plants that I planted a while back are showing signs of overwatering even though I'm watering fine. I think the soil I used originally is of bad quality and I added nothing for drainage/nutes. My plan to fix this problem is to get proper 10 and 15 gallon smart pots and make my own mix of soil with coco coir,compost and this time sifted potting soil to get rid of the large amount of wood chips. I have 2 indica and 2 sativa strains. I want to put the 2 indicas in the 10 gallon and sativas in the 15 gallons. That sounds smart right? Or should I go all 15s? I'm keeping in mind how much feed I will use and I think 4 15 gallons will eat a lot of nutes. Please share your opinions/suggestions on what I should do
Honestly I’m indoor so never ran pot that big but if your season allows for it bigger the better. On both. You’re idea of sativa teaching harder n needing more root is smart but indicas bind just as quick underneath.

N

NoScope209

Stick those ladies in 65 gallon smart pots. You won’t regret it. Although 100 would be better!!
I wish haha. The cost to fill those bags would be insane :O and id need a dam to water them everytime xD also they need to be somewhat portable for security reasons and also to keep them out the rain during flower. 15 gallon is the most I'll go

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
15 it is then! Keep us posted on your progress, looking forward to it!!

N

NoScope209

If 15 is where u max out then u should flower em now
You think? Surely in a 15 gallon fabric they will be good since their roots air prune? My plants are a couple months old but they had a rough start in life because of my noobness. That would be such a pain to flower them now since the grow season is really going now. They haven't really filled their containers either cuz of the compact soil.

N

NoScope209

So ur growing full season in 7 gallons of soil? Yeah man flower em or up pot em. U can jus bury the pot in a bigger pot with fabric pots but those dont look like any fabric pots I've seen, look like fabric shopping bags so idk how that'll work. Also u need to tailor it soil to weed plants that stuff looks super mulchy and needs lava rocks or perlite to aerate and keep the soil loose
Yeah I know the soil is below par. Thats why I'm up potting. I just put plain potting mix in it as I had no real knowledge about growing. I now know I should have got the majority of the wood chips out and ammend it with coco coir and compost. The shopping bags aren't working out either they hold a lot of the water at the roots. I'm going to mix 30% coco peat into the soil as I have no access to perlite etc

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I’m actually doing a test with 3 gal fabric pots in my little lab grow with 4 strains.
1. J1
2. Silver haze
3. True og
4. True og haze cross s2

We do a perpetual sog grow in 3 gal plastic pots and and they yield well for qty vs 10gal
I’ve seen that we can do more plants per sqft and yield about the same vs larger plants
4week veg and flip from clone

E6CE8CBC 6F2C 4BF9 9EC4 4BFFBC5FA0F3
57C2E37E F087 4849 AB7A 88206EF0473E
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
If u see the pic the 10gal empties post harvest, 3 across takes a 4 ft footprint, with 3 gals we go 5 across in the same foot print. And yeilds better sqft/gal

N

NoScope209

If u see the pic the 10gal empties post harvest, 3 across takes a 4 ft footprint, with 3 gals we go 5 across in the same foot print. And yeilds better sqft/gal
Wow beautiful grow you've got there man. Yeah I would do light dep but I don't think I'll have to time to cover up/open up plants twice a day. Letting the sun do it's thing

N

NoScope209

Get some smart pots that's are at least 45 gallons u can still move em if need be and cut those shopping bags off that rootball and transplant em. Otherwise ull be fucking urself in the end. U know how fast ur full grown plant would suck water outta those little pots? If u cant pull tarps twice a day u def wont be able to keep up with watering tiny pots with 4ft plants in em
45 gallons is just too much man. Maybe if I had only 1 plant but 15 gallon just seems the way to go. 10 gallon for the indicas. If I have issues with the 10 gallons I'll make a plan with light dep

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Get some smart pots that's are at least 45 gallons u can still move em if need be and cut those shopping bags off that rootball and transplant em. Otherwise ull be fucking urself in the end. U know how fast ur full grown plant would suck water outta those little pots? If u cant pull tarps twice a day u def wont be able to keep up with watering tiny pots with 4ft plants in em
Agree if the issue Is getting to a plant a larger pot is very forgiving. 15-20 is best
We have irrigation,auto dep and lights. So we can play with smaller pots. But for the average grower. Find the median to plant size vs pot vs ability to care for it. Larger pots will need less. Watering and in living soil, almost no fertilizer!
Btw off topic my bio biz organic soil smells like onions atm, been cooking and man the fungi growth on it is incredible. Just did the last mix in and turn over and she will cook through winter.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Questions:
1. Region? Is it going to be a summer grow?
2. Is it outdoor? Indoor? Greenhouse?
3. What sort or nutes do you have available?
4. If indoor lights?

All of which can narrow down your best options.
Outdoor: largest plot or pots you can get.
Indoor smaller pots but more frequent feeding and lights

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
@Jack og u ever do full terms in 15 gallon pots? Like in the soil in June out in October? I cant imagine anything smaller then a baby pool and that only works cus its shallow and wide. For reps or indoor I agree anything from a gal to a 15 gallon works but that's cus the life of the plant is cut in half.
We are in greenhouses so largest pot we use is a 30 gal fabric.
That’s mostly for our mothers.
We grow year around. So summer to winter (winter now). Our biggest challenge is environment. But being in the Central Valley / coastal salinas valley, we are very temperate. In environment.
Summer we light dep/ cool area
Winter we warm area and add supplemental lights.
We did do a full term in 300 gals last summer , yield wise really we yielded more cycle wise in green house then full term. So that experiment was for commercial viability and we didn’t see the value per sqft.
But personally I do a full season at my own ranch , 12 plants and yield over 30lbs per plant . So it’s has its values based on grow size. 200 gal plots.
Blueberry and silver haze , 6 each

N

NoScope209

I think jan-feb starts flower. I know I started way too early but I didn't know much when I started. Not much I can do about it now.10 and 15 gallon pots is all I can do for them. I'm on a budget and there's no ways I can afford or even have access to massive grow pots like that. I'm not looking for monster yields this is my first grow

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I think jan-feb starts flower. I know I started way too early but I didn't know much when I started. Not much I can do about it now.10 and 15 gallon pots is all I can do for them. I'm on a budget and there's no ways I can afford or even have access to massive grow pots like that. I'm not looking for monster yields this is my first grow
Go with the best you can get , feed frequently, watch watering and you will be fine brother!
It’s not for profit so I think your personal use wise , you will find the sweet spot that works for you. Don’t over think it or over do it! She will yield no matter , just do the best you can. And we will help ya along.

N

NoScope209

Go with the best you can get , feed frequently, watch watering and you will be fine brother!
It’s not for profit so I think your personal use wise , you will find the sweet spot that works for you. Don’t over think it or over do it! She will yield no matter , just do the best you can. And we will help ya along.
Thanks dude! I am over thinking it haha. Probably just stoned. Totally for personal use as that's all that is legal here as of a few months ago. I've seen a number of people yield like 1/2 pound in 15g pots over a season so I'm sure I can do it too!

N

NoScope209

Also have you had any experience with biobizz bio grow/bloom? It's what I'm using wondering how much I will need in the end using 2 10 gallon and 2 15 gallon pots

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Also have you had any experience with biobizz bio grow/bloom? It's what I'm using wondering how much I will need in the end using 2 10 gallon and 2 15 gallon pots
I use it and it’s a great product justbuse 1/2 the dose they recommend and let the soil dry in between feeds

Latest posts

Top Bottom