Fabric pots or old’school black pots?

• Thread starter Silk689
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I love experiments that end up working well.....
I consider thcfarmer the catalyst to get cannabis Ben Franklin's of ingenuity!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That looks really fun! I'm going to have to try that for veggies. My only concern is that one of the advantages of fabric pots is the breathability, and the concrete destroys that. But cute and awesome idea!
I've used some of my plastic 3 gallon pots 50 - 100 times...lets see you do that with fabric.....The only change I made to them was more holes... a lot more holes .& duct tape, fresh duct tape every few years....I just picked up a few fabric to see what all the fuss is about....I just spend $20 for 10 - 3 gal black.....Good money spent on a fad most likely........I only go to 5 gal plastic if I veg over 2 months.....I also see transplanting out of fabric to be harder....They slip right out of plastic pots with a squeeze & a tap...

7munkee

7munkee

I start in 1 Gallon Air Pots, then go to 7 Gallon and on to 13 Gallon for my Sativa's. You can now get all the pots in white (except 1 gallon, I found them in white yet). What I love about the Air Pots is the ability to unscrew the sides and move them to a larger pot without disturbing the roots.
I have an Original Glue (Gorilla Glue #4) that went from a 5 qallon to a 12 gallon. Had no clue you could get 1 gallon!!

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
Ya know, honestly...Try some of ALL the methods and find what is EASIEST and most enjoyable (and best results) for YOU. I have tried a variety of pots/soils/amendments, nutrients etc...And each persons' methods work GREAT, for them. What works awesome for me...May crash and burn for you. My humble opinion is EXPERIMENT for yourself (cloth pots are really cheap now on Amazon, or heck some fellow growers can send you a pot or two.) I've seen some growers grow right OUT of a bag of soil! LOL! (I think it is a growing medium ACTUALLY meant to do that...Something they use in the Space Station etc for growing crops)... It's wild what people experiment on.

For me, and just me...I find starting the seeds in jiffy pellets then once they pop they get moved into a coco-coir pre-made little pots and then about a month later into their final home (Unless it's an autoflower...Then it goes from seedling into it's final 3 gallon cloth pot.) Again, someone else may roll their eyes at my set up, but heck, I grow what works for me, and knock on wood, my grows have been fun experiences. I judge that if I learn something new, or improve a method...Then, voila~ I learned something new that grow. Peace to all... Happy growing no matter what your method. 🌱 ☮️🤩
Warmly,
Jackie

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
I got a few... Sometimes when I ordered stuff from Amazon they threw in a few 1 gallon cloth "herb pots" and I may do just that...
Grow COMPANION PLANTS in my grow tent along side my cannabis. I have been reading a lot about this but will post more in a different thread so as not to high jack this one. ☮️
Warmly,
Jackie

N

NDfarmboy

Hey peeps i hope everyone’s good.. :-))

What do you guys prefer, fabric pots or the old’school plastic pots? I still use the plastic black pots coz its given me great results and its not broke so why try and fix it? 😂🤷🏽‍♂️. However i am hearing alot about these fabric pots. What ya”ll prefer and why?
So, this is my third grow with 3 gallon fabric pots (I like the air pruning aspect of this process). HOWEVER, on the last grow and with two plants on this grow I am having issues with random leaves, even top leaves yellowing and drying up. I fertilize on a regular basis, but not too often - every other watering. And I give the plants 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of water every other day. Currently, two of my three plants are suffering. The third plant seems robust. The two plants that are suffering have been topped. I'm just wondering if I need to water more volume and more often due to using fabric pots? The plants have been under the flowering lights for about 4 weeks now.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

My findings with the same 2 clones, one in a fabric one in a bucket. Same everything the bucket plant wins and it was the smaller of the 2 at the start of flower. Clones in the back
789A754F 184B 41EA BAE6 C21DBCE5C742

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So, this is my third grow with 3 gallon fabric pots (I like the air pruning aspect of this process). HOWEVER, on the last grow and with two plants on this grow I am having issues with random leaves, even top leaves yellowing and drying up. I fertilize on a regular basis, but not too often - every other watering. And I give the plants 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of water every other day. Currently, two of my three plants are suffering. The third plant seems robust. The two plants that are suffering have been topped. I'm just wondering if I need to water more volume and more often due to using fabric pots? The plants have been under the flowering lights for about 4 weeks now.
Hey, I've used plastic pots for 20+ years and because of this new ( to me ) fad of fabric pots I'm using them for the first time. I've always used 3 gal plastic so I bought 3 gal fabric. I'm not seeing any negative other than them drying a bit quicker. @ 78f my 3 gal took 3-4 days these new fab pots are drying in 3 days flat.

They're a pain to transplant out of though. I bought some 1 gallon fab as well and I just transplanted up to 3 gal from the 1gal and I used to be able to squeeze around the pot, grab the base to remove it, tap it on the bottom and voila' roots out of pot......not so fkin easy with the fabric, It took a little more finagling to remove the bag.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I dont even know what that means. I've never... what'd you call it? Planned ahead... in my life.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I dont even know what that means. I've never... what'd you call it? Planned ahead... in my life.
Lol, I know what you mean. But by the seat of my pants approach doesn’t work out to well for me most times.

Top Bottom